Are the Protagonists worth the grind?

Sable Argyle

the tier list would make you think its a lost cause, but i hear Sharena makes a really good support ally in the game, so grinding her up seems worth it.

Can't say for Anna but Alphonse is pretty much not worth it, in my opinion. His skills are not synergistic and he's slow.

Shareena is early-game Rally Attack where Attack is both physical and magical. She also can learn Speed+ skills so she's not easily doubled (unlike her brother).

Personally, if you somehow get Shareena to level 20+ like I did (I even got Alphonse up there, surprisingly), she could be worth it. She's just a solid before-summon unit that supports herself and others and is a pretty good Lance. Though I can see her being replaced if you get a better support Lance (like my Shanna is coming out to be).

If you take a look at their skillset, all 3 of them are actually looking pretty insane. They have a pretty strong skillset, and Legendary Weapon(although Legendary isn't really that good in this game since it boils down to +2-3 damage depending on who you compare it to)

The problem is feather is hilariously rare so it takes away from them since they only start at 2*. I think if we can actually develop them, all of them should be pretty good. I raised up Alphonse to 3* for example and he completely outclass Corrin(Female) statswise

Edited by JSND

My Sharon is already 4* just waiting for feathers to go 5*. Same with Anna, though she's taking a backseat with how many green I already have.

In fact, some JP whale ALREADY maxed Sharon out, and she looks positively gorgeous:

unknown.png

Edited by Wen Yang

I managed to get a 4* Anna and she is doing fairly well for herself. 

While she currently just has a Silver Axe, and Vantage 2, she can learn Astra at 4* rank which can help her heal heavy damage on enemies. Then she can also learn all 3 levels of Spur Res (which I'm still uncertain to how exactly it works - does she buff nearby allies after she attacks or is it a temporary buff for adjacent allies during battle situations [player and enemy phase]?) When she gets her special Axe and Vantage 3, Anna will do even better, especially with her special ability.

If I was to compare Anna to the current Tier List, she definitely is no SS or S rank, I would argue she could have a spot in the lower A ranks (like Arthur) due to her special weapon, special ability, and Vantage. (I would also argue Hawkeye may be A Rank material, but that is for another topic.)

As for Alfonse, while he has a decent skillset in terms of damage (self-healing, damage up on the offensive, damage up when HP is low), he lacks utility. If I were to compare him to Ogma (A Rank), Omga does almost everything Alfonse does, but better (Noontime versus Sol, Brave Weapon versus Folkvangr, Defiant ATT versus Deathblow). Yes, Alfonse will do (much) more damage per hit and not suffer a speed penalty, but Brave Weapons are useful in a variety of situations (charging up special skills and dealing extra damage.) There are cases where Braves do not shine as well (such as against high DEF or RES enemies), but that is where a different unit comes in to cover that flaw. Brave's purpose is to kill the enemy before they have the chance to attack you, which is something normal weapons lack. While both have killing potential, one unit can remain undamaged while another has to take a hit in order to secure a kill.

Sharena would be in the upper ranks of B (which is where they conveniently put her), due to her Special Weapon and Rally Attack. Fortify Defense is also nice, but the passive speed skill could have been something else.

I put Shareena on my main with Roy, Barst, and Sakura, and she's holding up well! Quicker than Roy, and more damage per attack than Barst, with only one noticeable  flaw: she's squishy.

So,  I'd say she's worth it, but I can't speak for Anna or Alfonse.

2 hours ago, Wen Yang said:

My Sharon is already 4* just waiting for feathers to go 5*. Same with Anna, though she's taking a backseat with how many green I already have.

In fact, some JP whale ALREADY maxed Sharon out, and she looks positively gorgeous:

unknown.png

This guy has maxed Alphonse too.

Summary: He has a subpar speed,and he is all about attack attack attack.

I'll list his max stats here for easy comparison

• HP: 43
  • Atk: 51
  • Spd: 25
  • Def: 32
  • Res: 22
  • His weapon gives +6 atk when initiating combat
  • His passive gives him +6 atk when initiating combat, too
  • Hone Attack

20 minutes ago, Darkon said:

How did he managed to get the feathers???

Releasing heroes, I'd assume. 5-star heroes get you 1000 feathers, so if you're lucky with summons (but don't care to keep them) you can get a lot of feathers that way.

11 minutes ago, bun said:

Releasing heroes, I'd assume. 5-star heroes get you 1000 feathers, so if you're lucky with summons (but don't care to keep them) you can get a lot of feathers that way.

Seeing how much 5* star heroes he have in his roster, i doubt he got the feathers that way, unless he spend a f***ton of money in this game.

Maybe he's some kind of partner of Nintendo which provides him the feathers he needs to promote the game ?

He's obviously hacking imo.

2 minutes ago, PowerVZ said:

Seeing how much 5* star heroes he have in his roster, i doubt he got the feathers that way, unless he spend a f***ton of money in this game.

Maybe he's some kind of partner of Nintendo which provides him the feathers he needs to promote the game ?

He's obviously hacking imo.

I assumed he just spent a lot of money on it. I mean, anyone who plays enough to have a 5-star Alphonse this fast kinda seems like someone who'd spend a lot of money on the game anyway.

(Or, yeah, he could be hacking. His ingame name is just 'A' too, which doesn't really sound like a serious player.)

My Alphonse is ranked 4-star now and he's doing really great. To be fair, he was doing really well as a 3-star unit too. I don't think he will ever be fast (unless you get really lucky), but he should be hitting things hard enough to either finish them off or weaken them for other people.