So what does the Poll results mean overall?

Harvey

So we got the top votes and all and I'm quite happy that Lyn made it on top. Don't know why the hell Roy is second instead of Eliwood but whatever....

kinda sad that Raven and geese didn't make it... :(:

So now that Ike is the top, what does this mean overall..better yet, what does this poll mean?

Does this mean that Nintendo might use this as a survey and do ports of PoR and RD? Or does this only mean that it only applies to FE Heroes?

I think it's safe to say we'll see Lyn and Ike in some form in Fire Emblem Warriors, if not in the base game then at least via DLC. I also believe they'll be featured more heavily in overall marketing.

Also, I'm pretty sure they'll investigate - if they haven't already - Dorcas' popularity. If they actually make a reference to the commercial somehow, I'd love them for it.

It was probably a way of testing the waters to see an overall level of interest (how many people voted), and where said interest is focused. Data miners found Christmas versions of Robin and Tharja, so it's safe to assume holiday and event versions of characters are planned in the future. Now they know which ones to make and lock behind a Gacha Slot Machine..

In terms of what the poll officially means, it means special "Choose Your Heroes" versions of Ike, Roy, Lyn, and Lucina will be added to Fire Emblem Heroes, and the top 10 for each gender are going to appear on calendar wallpapers that are going to be released through the year.

Unofficially, this could very well be used to judge the fanbase's interest in certain characters or games. This knowledge could be used to decide, for instance, which characters should be added to Fire Emblem Warriors, or whether there's enough interest for a rerelease or remake to be commercially viable. Of course, that's just speculation, and it's entirely possible that IS could completely disregard the poll for future endeavors and only use the results for the FE Heroes-related rewards.

I wonder how Nintendo will look at the results though. Because some characters have split up votes, and if you put those two together that character would have made it higher in the poll. -Couch- Soren in male top 20 -cough- I think there are quite a some characters that could have ended wau higher if they just did not split up the votes. And so IF they use these results for later things, I hope they will add up the split votes of 1 character to decide it's populatiry.

Or they just use it for FE Heroes only. That would be fine too.

Edit: Oh, people were also able to vote for the same charcater several times. Which also kinda screws with the results to be fair.

Edited by Maddoka

5 minutes ago, Maddoka said:

I wonder how Nintendo will look at the results though. Because some characters have split up votes, and if you put those two together that character would have made it higher in the poll. -Couch- Soren in male top 20 -cough- I think there are quite a some characters that could have ended wau higher if they just did not split up the votes. And so IF they use these results for later things, I hope they will add up the split votes of 1 character to decide it's populatiry.

Or they just use it for FE Heroes only. That would be fine too.

Edit: Oh, people were also able to vote for the same charcater several times. Which also kinda screws with the results to be fair.

Well, at the very least, Glade and his 17 votes require at least 2 people to produce. And Lyn's score of 49,917 requires a minimum of 3840 voters (for reference, this number fits in between 75th and 76th in a poll of 791 participants), so there is at least that.

Just now, phineas81707 said:

Well, at the very least, Glade and his 17 votes require at least 2 people to produce. And Lyn's score of 49,917 requires a minimum of 3840 voters (for reference, this number fits in between 75th and 76th in a poll of 791 participants), so there is at least that.

Oh yeah, that's true. At least they have that.

I still think that, IF they will use this poll for other means, they should have made it a little different. I mean, for FE Heroes only I don't really care. It's just a mobile game. But for games as Warriors it's quie nice to have the charcaters that ACTUALLY are popular. (And Tellius already seems so left out out of everything... :I)

1 minute ago, Maddoka said:

Oh yeah, that's true. At least they have that.

I still think that, IF they will use this poll for other means, they should have made it a little different. I mean, for FE Heroes only I don't really care. It's just a mobile game. But for games as Warriors it's quie nice to have the charcaters that ACTUALLY are popular. (And Tellius already seems so left out out of everything... :I)

Try being a fan of Jugdral or Magvel. At least Ike gets Smash representation.

Yeah, I'd wonder how a poll focused on just trying to find the best of the best would go. I'd imagine that it'd have to have some kind of splitting into pieces, and even then...

1 minute ago, phineas81707 said:

Try being a fan of Jugdral or Magvel.

But Soren took my soul

1 minute ago, phineas81707 said:

Yeah, I'd wonder how a poll focused on just trying to find the best of the best would go. I'd imagine that it'd have to have some kind of splitting into pieces, and even then...

I have no idea how to make a poll 100% reliable, but being able to double vote shouldn't really be a thing, right? And I guess they could just merge every character that has had several appearances. They are still the same people. :I

Splitting into pieces? Like, letting the community choose between 2 characters every time untill the best one comes on top? ;p (That would be fun :o. And take 5 years.)

1 minute ago, Maddoka said:

But Soren took my soul

I have no idea how to make a poll 100% reliable, but being able to double vote shouldn't really be a thing, right? And I guess they could just merge every character that has had several appearances. They are still the same people. :I

Splitting into pieces? Like, letting the community choose between 2 characters every time untill the best one comes on top? ;p (That would be fun :o. And take 5 years.)

Not between 2 characters... more like 'Choose a favourite from this class' or 'Choose a favourite from this continent'. With one vote against the entire roster (my compressed roster estimates the number of unique participants in the Heroes poll at 633), individual favourites like my own Ishtar, Florina and even Tana are quickly going to get eaten up, especially with the backing the 3DS era has amongst the new crowd, and the final results are going to wind up looking close enough to what we already have.

Also, I would like to reiterate: the official Heroes poll was out of 791. I cut out the duplicates to get 633. There are 158 duplicates in the pool. No Pokemon generation has introduced that many new Pokemon at once.

...Granted, Path of Radiance and Shadow Dragon's casts contributed most of that- Radiant Dawn and Mystery of the Emblem contain most of the former games' casts. But they're far from the only source.

Spoiler

Counting the duplicates provided, we're ten short of matching Pokemon's current roster of 801. This does not count Marshadow.

Without the duplicates, we need another sixteen characters to match Generation V's 649.

...Sorry, statistics happened.

They would probably release some new versions and arts of the most popular characters for Heroes I suppose.

I assume that some of them would appear in Warriors and possibly playable in later games and maybe in Smash as DLC or something. 
I guess that the Elibe and Tellius games would probably get a remake as well.