Pulling vs Castle Upgrades

Shinon>Takumi

I know the exp boost is immensely useful for grinding. However for people who aren't buying orbs, wouldn't it be better to spend orbs only on pulling? And in the long run, wouldn't people eventually be saturated with level 40 characters who are only looking to pull? Post your thoughts here. Thanks.

Well, say you get crap in your pulls. Upgrading the castle makes it easier to get them to a less crappy state.  Plus if you do get something good out of the gacha, then it's be faster to make them even better.

Basically, upgrade the castle since it'll help you make the most of whatever you pull.

You could always get bad pulls for 20 Orbs.

The EXP boost is guaranteed and permanent. For 26 Orbs (a summon session + 6 Orbs), you get double the EXP, which you can use to get more SP, more stats, and higher rarity units faster (not counting the feather dump). Now for efficiency talk for anyone strapped for Orbs, getting at least the first two upgrades is a boon. You pay 3 Orbs for +40%; the others aren't as Orb-efficient.

But if you're hurting in an area of your collection (say, you don't have good magic-users and not willing to raise the free/special units), pulls first is probably where you're going. Keep summoning until you feel you're not lacking something. Like me, while I would like a Takumi, I'm not doing significantly worse without him. And if this game gets updated often, he may not stay on top if they listen to user complaints and introduce power-creep/nerfs.

Go for the upgrades, it's not even a contest. If you neglect the EXP bonuses, you'll regret it soon when you need level ups. Furthermore, Orbs are given by completing story chapters, among other things, so being able to breeze through with well leveled units lets you get Orbs for rolls more efficiently.

For me, I upgraded the castle about half way since the initial costs are very cheap and Normal Story is easy to obtain more orbs. Then I focuses on 20 Orb pulls for a time before finally going back and upgrading the castle completely.

From memory, I think the castle upgrades go like 1, 3, 6, 8, 10 (this may be inaccurate). So, it costs about 28 orbs for a full castle upgrade.

You can fully complete Normal difficulty before finishing the castle upgrades, but I advise maxing out the castle shortly afterwards. The extra experience boost will help immensely with leveling past Level 20.

Of course, if you are happy with your character roster, the sooner you max out the castle, the better. The castle will always be there giving its experience boost, summoning heroes may not always give desirable results.

Edited by Sire

If you don't have a good team, I'd say that summoning units is more important than maxing out the castle upgrades.

That said the first few upgrades are pretty cheap, so you should at least get the first 2 for the 40% boost with 3 orbs. The remaining 60% costs 23 orbs so you can see how cost effective the first 2 upgrades are.

15 minutes ago, Sire said:

For me, I upgraded the castle about half way since the initial costs are very cheap and Normal Story is easy to obtain more orbs. Then I focuses on 20 Orb pulls for a time before finally going back and upgrading the castle completely.

From memory, I think the castle upgrades go like 1, 3, 6, 8, 10 (this may be inaccurate). So, it costs about 28 orbs for a full castle upgrade.

You can fully complete Normal difficulty before finishing the castle upgrades, but I advise maxing out the castle shortly afterwards. The extra experience boost will help immensely with leveling past Level 20.

Of course, if you are happy with your character roster, the sooner you max out the castle, the better. The castle will always be there giving its experience boost, summoning heroes may not always give desirable results.

Close! It's 1, 2, 5, 8, 10 I believe =).

As for the rest, I agree with the majority. If you feel like you have a decent team, spend the orbs on the castle, it will save you time and stamina.

I got a couple pulls to where I had enough units to put a decent team together, then I went all Castle Upgrades until I maxed that out.  Pulls are a gamble, Double XP is guaranteed to help.

I've gone first 40 orbs going into pulls (due to how fast you get them), then a few orbs into castle upgrades (up to 40%), then kinda go back and forth between the two until you have a good team with good substitutes as needed for maps.