Are colorless summons supposed to be rare or something?

Anacybele

Because I've almost never been able to summon colorless type units, and I would definitely not mind having an archer other than Virion (I like Virion, I really do (dat French accent lol), but I don't want him to be the only archer I ever get). I've only been able to summon colorless units a total of three times, and all were healers. Two Clarines (I decided I don't like her. Her personality annoys me) and one Lissa (who I've kept around to help train up some weaker units).

And once again, I've not been given a colorless orb in the summoning area. I've summoned maybe thirty times at this point. Are colorless summons supposed to be rarer opportunities? Because this seems pretty ridiculous otherwise.

I think it's random.  I'm not sure if they all have an equal chance of appearing, but I've gotten tons of Colorless.  My first few pulls were pretty much all Green and Colorless.  I eventually got some Reds to appear, and Blue seems to be the rarest for me.  I got lucky and got a 5* Abel today, but Blue is still by far the fewest to appear for me.  I've currently got 17 Colorless units, and that's not counting doubles.

No, I believe every color has an equal chance of appearing on every spot. It's probably just the Desire Sensor messing with you. One time I went into a summon to try and fish for a good Blue, but the board was 4 Typeless 1 Red... Then the game gave me 5* Young Tiki. Desire Sensor is strange.

1 minute ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

No, I believe every color has an equal chance of appearing on every spot. It's probably just the Desire Sensor messing with you. One time I went into a summon to try and fish for a good Blue, but the board was 4 Typeless 1 Red... Then the game gave me 5* Young Tiki. Desire Sensor is strange.

Yeah, I really want to get Red for Leo.  At first, I had very few Red units.  It still seems rare to pop up, but looking at the number of 3* Sword units, I've acquired, it looks like they're showing up.  Blue, on the other hand, I genuinely don't have as much of.

Desire sensor? What do you mean by that?

But I guess it's just my crappy as hell luck again.

I mostly get green or red summons. Blue hasn't been too common for me, but not as rare as colorless.

26 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I mostly get green or red summons. Blue hasn't been too common for me, but not as rare as colorless.

"Desire sensor," I assume, as in you really want something but don't end up getting it in a random pull. For me, it's Reds and I feel I haven't gotten a lot of Reds (I can recall like... 10? from the 3-4 pulls I've probably done?).

Anyways, in terms of Orbs, if you're strapped for a certain color but are fine elsewhere, you may want to do something like this:

Two summons from first session, two summons from second session

or

One-three summons from first session, one-three summons from second session (i.e., if you summon three in first session, buy one in second, and vice versa).

Either of these plans are 18 Orbs for four summons total. You'll be missing out on a summon, yes, but this gives you a refresh if the first session does not have the colors you want.

Edited by Dual Dragons

31 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

The Desire Sensor is an omnipotent force that takes many forms. It spends its free time denying people of their hopes and dreams, and laughs at their crushed spirit. Occasionally, on a whim, it allows the people to succeed, so they don't stop trying. The Sensor is one of Anna's minions.

24 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

A joke where people act as if the game's sentient and knows what you want and makes sure you don't get for the sole purpose of messing with you. Used for gacha games and stuff like video game quests where you have gather a certain amount of items to complete and you can barely get the item to drop or appear. Came from the Monster Hunter fandom. So many dead monsters, so little whatever the heck you were trying to loot from their corpses.

Oh, I see... Well, the game certainly doesn't seem to want me to get archers. Even though I am getting a lot of tanky cav knights and Peg knights, which I do like.

11 minutes ago, Dual Dragons said:

Anyways, in terms of Orbs, if you're strapped for a certain color but are fine elsewhere, you may want to do something like this:

Two summons from first session, two summons from second session

or

One-three summons from first session, one-three summons from second session (i.e., if you summon three in first session, buy one in second, and vice versa).

Either of these plans are 18 Orbs for four summons total. You'll be missing out on a summon, yes, but this gives you a refresh if the first session does not have the colors you want.

Hm, that's not a bad idea. I might try it in the future if necessary.

It's definitely random for sure. A huge chunk of my units are colorless ones. I've gotten a good balance between archers, healers, and thieves/ninjas. But I've gotten very few red units. For a while I had an excess of green units. I think for now, I'm going to keep an eye on the daily characters and save my orbs until they add more characters to the game. I'm crossing my fingers for Magvel. 

So far, I have acquired three green units- Anna (yes, the default character), Barst and Gunter. The time between Barst and Gunter was so long that I felt like I was playing an actual Fire Emblem game with more lances than axemen to deal with them.

If it makes you feel better, green/colorless orbs are rarer than red/blue ones.

Somebody on reddit posted a spreadsheet of 1000+ pulls, and it appears the game randomly generates pulled characters and THEN displays the colors on your summoning screen. Since there are fewer green/colorless units than red/blue ones, green/colorless orbs will show up less frequently.

Edited by Fly_or_Die

1 hour ago, carefreejules said:

I think I'm taking all the colourless orbs from y'all

Hide contents

lmao.thumb.png.d33fbcb8f31ec136eb1fa1fb75240078.png

That looks like mine, if you switch Red for Green.