How does Arena Rank work?

Soren

Hi all,

I'm having a lot of trouble trying to figure out how the Arena ranking works.

I mean, we all get how the offense and defense scores work but, what puts you at a certain rank? Is it the number of wins? The less defeats you have, the higher the rank? The number of times you have entered the arena? Does the highest offense score affect in some way?

I honestly have no idea and I haven´t been able to find anything that explains it inside the game.

My max offense score is around 3.8k, so I got the max reward for offense. But I´m currently at rank 60.000, the lowest reward for rank.

Not 100% sure, but pretty sure rank has to do w/ how your max offense compares to others, and doesn't factor in defense.

For context, winning 7 "advanced" rounds in a row w/ a recommended char in your team, all party members lvl 40, and w/o letting any die currently nets you a place nets you a place around rank 500. Again, not 100% sure, but getting above that either has to do w/ luck (e.g. getting matched w/ higher point-worth teams) or limit break, which might match you w/ other limit break teams which are worth more points (e.g. >650 points).

Actually, if someone has figured out how team point worth is determined for level 40 teams (e.g. whether it's based on stats/limit break or specific characters), that would be helpful =O

Basically have at least one hero be a featured hero in the arena on your team and the more heroes that survive the higher your score and ofc do advanced i have 4,303 points in arena and am rank 6,000 ish so yeah 

4 minutes ago, ZXApocrypha said:

Not 100% sure, but pretty sure rank has to do w/ how your max offense compares to others, and doesn't factor in defense.

For context, winning 7 "advanced" rounds in a row w/ a recommended char in your team, all party members lvl 40, and w/o letting any die currently nets you a place nets you a place around rank 500. Again, not 100% sure, but getting above that either has to do w/ luck (e.g. getting matched w/ higher point-worth teams) or limit break, which might match you w/ other limit break teams which are worth more points (e.g. >650 points).

Actually, if someone has figured out how team point worth is determined for level 40 teams (e.g. whether it's based on stats/limit break or specific characters), that would be helpful =O

I normally get a max of 640 ish points in arena each battle ofc 1 or 2 of my matches I lost a hero which is why my score is only 4,303 but I dont think limit break has a huge impact on score atm not until tiers start coming out.

48 minutes ago, Soren said:

Hi all,

I'm having a lot of trouble trying to figure out how the Arena ranking works.

I mean, we all get how the offense and defense scores work but, what puts you at a certain rank? Is it the number of wins? The less defeats you have, the higher the rank? The number of times you have entered the arena? Does the highest offense score affect in some way?

I honestly have no idea and I haven´t been able to find anything that explains it inside the game.

My max offense score is around 3.8k, so I got the max reward for offense. But I´m currently at rank 60.000, the lowest reward for rank.

I don't know the calculations, but as far as I know, these factors determine your total points:

- Winning 7 games in a row.

- Not letting anyone die (~50 points deducted for each death).

- Your team stat total (meaning, HP + STR + SPD + DEF + RES). This is why some characters that have higher stat totals are better suited for the Arena. Also, since merging characters up their stats, it's highly adviced to do so. This is why whales who spend a lot of money have a clear advantage in the arena, since they can most likely limit break more.

- Using atleast one Bonus Character.

- The enemy team stat total. The higher, the more points you can get.

40 minutes ago, ZXApocrypha said:

I wish, but I have 4520 points and am about to get kicked out of the top 1000 ;_;. Last week I got 4508 points and was placed 65th, things are getting hard if you don't spend anymore.

37 minutes ago, Shiro said:

I normally get a max of 640 ish points in arena each battle ofc 1 or 2 of my matches I lost a hero which is why my score is only 4,303 but I dont think limit break has a huge impact on score atm not until tiers start coming out.

It adds up, trust me. The difference in points between tiers is so small (until rank 100, where it widens and where the whales are), limit breaking once can give you around 10-20 points more which can mean going up a couple hundred, if not more, places.

Thanks guys! You´ve all been really helpful!

It´s gonna be hard for me to get a high ranking right now cause my best units are: Camille 5*, Cordelia 5*, Takumi 5* and CorrinF 4*

With the current meta dominated by Takumi is hard to have half of your team composed of flying units and end with 0 casualties. And Corrin is a really amazing buffer/debuffer but she's not really tanky so...

Well, since currently the content is extremely limited there's no need to rush for feathers so I guess it's not that bad.

6 minutes ago, Ryuke said:

@Birdy

Using Roy

vs

Roy, Sharena, Alphonse.

Net you the same amount of bonus points?

It should, yes. Obviously there might be a bit of a difference in total points earned in a battle as different characters have different stat totals, but aside from that it shouldn't matter.

The only thing that MIGHT give you more bonus points is if the bonus points have a correlation with stat totals aswell. Meaning that if Sharena or Alphonse have a higher stat total than Roy, it could be that they give you more bonus points in the second option. I don't actually know this, since I don't know the formula.

Edited by Birdy

7 minutes ago, Birdy said:

It should, yes. Obviously there might be a bit of a difference in total points earned in a battle as different characters have different stat totals, but aside from that it shouldn't matter.

The only thing that MIGHT give you more bonus points is if the bonus points have a correlation with stat totals aswell. Meaning that if Sharena or Alphonse have a higher stat total than Roy, it could be that they give you more bonus points in the second option. I don't actually know this, since I don't know the formula.

Man.. here I always thought.... I should net 3x more bonus in the second case ... (3*bonus)...

... Objection

Just now, Ryuke said:

Man.. here I always thought.... I should net 3x more bonus in the second case ... (3*bonus)...

... Objection

You're not the only one, I also used to think this ;_;. I hope I wasn't the one who told you that, my apologies if I did :c.