What to do with 2* characters from special events?

Pimalai

1 minute ago, Vaximillian said:

Only depends on rarity. You only get SP when the food is of lower rarity, when of same or higher you get SP and stats.
You also get a reduction in promotion cost in both cases.

Understood. So what BANRYU said makes perfect sense.  Upgrading the 1* into a 2*,  then merging the 2* on top of that one to get a lv+ 2*, and then upgrading to 3* (and to 4* after that).

Thanks!

1 minute ago, Pimalai said:

Understood. So what BANRYU said makes perfect sense.  Upgrading the 1* into a 2*,  then merging the 2* on top of that one to get a lv+ 2*, and then upgrading to 3* (and to 4* after that).

A newly-promoted 3⋆ won't retain the merging boosts they got as a 2⋆ though. Keep that in mind.

2 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

A newly-promoted 3⋆ won't retain the merging boosts they got as a 2⋆ though. Keep that in mind.

Oh shit, I forgot that. Then it's useless, you'd need to have two 4* Olivias to merge for the remaining one to keep the boost. And that's a bit costly.

The level up system in this game is a little bit awkward, isn`t it?

Edited by Pimalai

21 hours ago, Othin said:

Getting 2* characters up to 3* is pretty easy, especially with shards, so I've been doing that for characters I don't have 3* or better versions of. I've merged a few 1*s, although I'll probably just turn the others into feathers because the SP is so trivial. I do plan to keep and train my 2* Narcian even though he's a duplicate, because he's great and there's no word on any more copies of him becoming available.

this is the same conclusion that i've come to. i have a crap ton of shards, and the 10 SP for merging a 1* is so worthless that i might as well just convert to feathers since they're harder to come by.

Edited by geozeldadude