What to do with 2* characters from special events?

Pimalai

We usually get a 2* and a 1* copy that you can merge and obtain SPs (and possibly a stat boost?) with.

Is it worth it to make all the way from 2* to 4/5* with these characters? I'd really like to have a levelled up Olivia, for example, but I don't know if it would be just better to spend feathers on other characters and wait for her to be summoned, some day.

TY!

Edited by Pimalai

If you like them, raise the 2* units and upgrade them to 3/4/5 stars. It's usually not worth merging the 1* units because they give so little SP you're better off getting the feathers.

If you do upgrade units and later pull them from summoning, you can merge them if they are the same rarity.

Edited by Raven

If I don't have that particular hero, I'll keep the 2* and merge the 1*. I generally keep myself entertained with this game by leveling up every character, regardless who they are, fan favorite or not, and/or how weak or strong they are. Plus, gives me more content to upload to my youtube channel :) Look me up for FEH videos! Aymodez YouTube

I can't confirm this information, but if I remember right, the free characters are guaranteed to be "Average" or "Medium" in all 5 stats (HP, ATT, SPD, DEF, RES), like Alfonse, Sharena, and Anna. This can be useful for some individuals who like having a balanced character instead of a Boon & Bane from normal summoning.

Otherwise, unless that particular character is one of your favorites or happens to fulfill a role the player doesn't have (Olivia for dancing, Lissa or Wyrs for healing, etc.) then the only thing they are good for is for merging or sending home for a small amount of feathers.

I personally kept Lissa, Cecilia, Felicia, and Olivia while everyone else was sent home. Lissa is an alternative healer, Cecilia is one of the rare magic units I have, Felicia (both of them) I plan on raising to 5* for the "Ultimate Felicia Merge," and Olivia fulfills the dancer role as I do not have Azura.

I keep 'em as consolation prizes until I roll a 3 star or higher.

The 1-stars are useful for collecting skill data XD

Also, the support characters like Olivia and Lissa are decent no matter their rarity, since they don't have to fight much. Getting SP for them can be a drag though...

13 minutes ago, VincentASM said:

I keep 'em as consolation prizes until I roll a 3 star or higher.

The 1-stars are useful for collecting skill data XD

Also, the support characters like Olivia and Lissa are decent no matter their rarity, since they don't have to fight much. Getting SP for them can be a drag though...

I second what your opinion on getting SP for support troops like Olivia. However, healers are easy! Any healer can be pl'd quickly to level 20+ with one full stamina (50/50) -- and each heal produces an SP for them... unless I'm seeing 'SP +1' pop up randomly on them after each heal lol

Edited by Aymodez

Getting 2* characters up to 3* is pretty easy, especially with shards, so I've been doing that for characters I don't have 3* or better versions of. I've merged a few 1*s, although I'll probably just turn the others into feathers because the SP is so trivial. I do plan to keep and train my 2* Narcian even though he's a duplicate, because he's great and there's no word on any more copies of him becoming available.

2 minutes ago, Othin said:

Getting 2* characters up to 3* is pretty easy, especially with shards, so I've been doing that for characters I don't have 3* or better versions of. I've merged a few 1*s, although I'll probably just turn the others into feathers because the SP is so trivial. I do plan to keep and train my 2* Narcian even though he's a duplicate, because he's great and there's no word on any more copies of him becoming available.

If I'm not mistaken, using shards to level up heroes will not net you any SP --  in fact, you'll lose out on possible SP from the levels you've gained through leveling up with shards. Can someone confirm this?

1 minute ago, Aymodez said:

If I'm not mistaken, using shards to level up heroes will not net you any SP --  in fact, you'll lose out on possible SP from the levels you've gained through leveling up with shards. Can someone confirm this?

You still get the SP from the level up. But not the SP + 3 boost from having killed an appropriately leveled enemy. 

I keep the 2 star units around to fill out my collection of characters. The only 2 stars I raised are the three lords and Olivia, who must be 3 star in order to get the Dance skill.

2 minutes ago, Aymodez said:

I've gotten plenty of SP from using shards to mass-level heroes. I assume it corresponds with the SP gains they'd get from each of those levels (6/lv for 1-10, 12/lv for 11-20, etc.) but doesn't include the SP you get outside of levels from killing or healing.

3 minutes ago, Gustavos said:

You still get the SP from the level up. But not the SP + 3 boost from having killed an appropriately leveled enemy. 

I keep the 2 star units around to fill out my collection of characters. The only 2 stars I raised are the three lords and Olivia, who must be 3 star in order to get the Dance skill.

Thanks for the confirming @Gustavos

Look at their skill pool and see if you want them on your team or not. I keep them just in case, and have raised all of them to 3*. All of them have their uses and niches, it is really fun to switch teams and train low leveled units. Personally it is satisfying to empower them. The ones I've seen are really good are Felicia, Olivia, Lissa and Cecilia. Anyways, they cost 200 feathers to 3* and if you like someone in particular, like me with Cecilia, 4* it since its just 2000.

What I've been doing is raising the 1* into a 2*, (I just used shards for this the first time around because eff that noise), then merging the 2* on top of the upgraded one to get a lv+ 2*. Get a little extra SP as well from this method. The cost in feathers of upgrading from 1* to 2* is honestly so inconsequential that I have no qualms in suggesting it.

This, in turn, makes upgrading to 3* cost fewer feathers due to the unit already being lv+. I currently have a 3* Sophia from the second Soph event by this method and I think she has more SP than she'd have had if I just raised the 2* version.

So, there is SOME merit to using both...? IMO anyway

Edited by BANRYU

It's generally not worth unless you really really need that unit and you can't pull it, if you ask me. So far, Olivia and Felicia are the best out of the current rotation. Notably, Olivia only gets the Silver Sword+ from upgrading to 5*, so she is pretty much fully functional at 4*. This is a huge merit to her usability, so I suggest you raise her, if no one else.

I'm not sure how the mechanic works

But if it works the way i think it is, the optimal way to go about Olivia for f2p players is to raise up the 2* all the way to 5*, and raise up the 1* into 3* level 1

To be more on topic, honestly just.... don't mind about Feather usage. Investment is investment. You could actually get a pretty workable line up just by having the rotation heroes at 4* with all their skills leveled up.

If you get a hero unit that is the same as the rotation? Then you just hope for better feather access in the future, so you can access the Merge Character option.

Edited by JSND

6 hours ago, shadowofchaos said:

It's probably for people who missed the higher leveled one when they got started.

It's also good for people who missed a day.  I didn't play at all on launch day.

12 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

It's also good for people who missed a day.  I didn't play at all on launch day.

I'm in about the same boat. My phone couldn't run the game well enough to get past the second tutorial map, and by the time I realized the issue wasn't going to go away and got it running on my computer, it was already the second day. Although I got a 3* Sophia quickly anyway.

I did forget to do one of the 1* maps (Subaki, I think), so I'm glad to get another chance at it, even if it's only for the sake of completion.

14 minutes ago, Othin said:

I'm in about the same boat. My phone couldn't run the game well enough to get past the second tutorial map, and by the time I realized the issue wasn't going to go away and got it running on my computer, it was already the second day. Although I got a 3* Sophia quickly anyway.

I did forget to do one of the 1* maps (Subaki, I think), so I'm glad to get another chance at it, even if it's only for the sake of completion.

I wouldn't mind them running a new string of 2* Hero Battles concurrent with the ones we have now.  It's good if you really want a certain unit and you're willing to use your feathers.  2*-4* is manageable.  I raised up Olivia, because I really wanted a Dancer, but then I Pulled a 4* Olivia the next day, lucky me.

I would raise Leo to 5* if I got him as even a 1*.  I just want him.

8 hours ago, VincentASM said:

Lissa can easily farm SP if she gets EXP. through her heals (I have a lv. 39 4* Lissa with over 1600 SP and nothing to use it on - the only skill she has yet to learn is the 5*-locked Renewal 3 skill).

I find training Olivia a bit easier than training Anna (my Anna seems to die rather easily). Brought my 2* Olivia up to 4* (Olivia can't dance until she's at least 3* rarity). She does have support from Sharena (Fortify Def and Rally Atk) and Lissa (heals and basically being a distracting meatshield).

If I understand correctly, there's more benefit in merging when the sacrificed unit is levelled up? or it just depends on its rarity?

I'm definetely making a 4* Olivia and will pass on the rest, for the moment.

Edited by Pimalai