Hunt Summon or Batch Summon

Alpha Wolves

So... I'm REALLY wanting Julia right now, but three now I've not had a single Green Orb appear when recruiting characters from the area. I've already gotten Ephriam, so I'm probably going to be skipping blues from now on (I've already gotten three blues I like using on my team, and OMG HE HITS HARD). 

That being said, what do you guys think I should do? Hunt for orbs (i.e: Only open the color I'm looking for/Green Orbs), or Batch Summons (Open all of them even if they don't have the color I want just because its cheaper). I'll be getting an extra character every batch summon vs the cost of normal summons, but guaranteed not to get the character I'm looking for for a chance of getting characters I might like that I'm not.

tl;dr - Really want Julia; should I spend the extra Orbs and only buy Green Orbs or should I Batch Summon when there are no Green Orbs left?

I hunted for specific orbs before and I regretted it later on. This was when I still needed other units and got screwed because I really wanted Takumi (never got him either).

If you already have a decent team and just want Julia, go for specific orbs. If you kinda need more 5* or 4* units of the other colors, do batch summons.

If you're looking for a specific hero, only pull orbs of that color - pulling from other colors "risks" getting a 5* of another color rather than a 5* of the color you want. Getting a 5* of the orb color you want will eventually happen given the increasing 5* odds employed in this game.

Be warned that hunting a specific hero always comes w/ the risk of getting gacha'd, even if that hero has a focus so ready your wallet for the pain =P

It depends how much you care about orb efficiency. If you don;t think you'll be happy with any blue roll, then feel free to skip them. It's less efficient, but you'll feel better about more chances of things you want, even if it's slightly less overall. Rolling green only is probably overkill, however, assuming blue is the only colour you have no more interest in rolling for atm. It depends on where you are as far as character pool is concerned, and which characters you feel like it would be nice to have of the ones available.

I kind of really want Julia right now, because of her Naga ability. I was hoping they would give us free 1-star versions of these characters for completing the Paralogue, but alas I wasn't so lucky lol. Like I said, I've already spent 60 Orbs on this (sadly, the last of my "free" orbs for a while, I've only not completed 9-3 Lunatic). Julia, right now, has a lot of things my team is currently missing (Dragon Damage, Magic Nuke, Green Color), and while I wouldn't mind getting Eirika and Seliph, Julia is the only one I'm really wanting on the team atm. (and praying to god she isn't some trash "+Def / -Atk" Boon/Bane.... that would piss me off.

But yeah, getting paid tomorrow, and I'm just wondering how its all going to pan out. Wanted opinions if I should be hunting, or orb efficiency, but it sounds like hunting is the general consensus. (I'll be taking Blue and Colorless out of my rotation).

If you really want Julia only pull those orbs.  This event is only open for 10 days so I'd say forget about orb efficiency.  The issue is if you don't get it in 10 days, then every time they add new 5*s to the overall non-focus pool you odds of ever getting Julia will continue to go down (debbie downer over here).  Don't open any uncolored orbs unless you want taku because there's no focus in that category right now.  Better to get 2 Ephraims IMO for skill ups than uncolored units (again, unless you want taku).  Best of luck!

Edited by Lushen