Olivia's Dance ability

Midori Sama

Hello everyone!

I wanted to express how caught off guard I was when I saw a 5* Marth attack two of my strongest units, in a one turn. Ultimately destroying my units, and losing the arena match I had played, and lost a 6 win streak.... But, I was curious, how did Marth do it? So after the match I checked my 5* Marth to see if he had any sort of "Double Action" ability that let him just clean up shop. He didn't, and since the match was over, I then just gave up since I couldn't see the field anymore. But then 4 games later, a 4* Corrin (male) took two turns! So I quickly examined the battlefield for who the hell was making these shots. I saw this 3* Olivia, and was my last suspect non the less, and she was the culprit. She can have some one take a second action in one turn! Blasphemy, but clever. Then I realized I had like 6 of these 3*s, and quickly began to train them.

My question is, do any of the other characters have Dance, or Sing? Or is it unique to Olivia for the moment? And have you been a victim to this power play?

Thanks for your time,

image1 (1).PNG

Edited by Midori Sama
typo

Azura has Sing, which does the same thing as Dance, and is a much more powerful unit (albeit, more hard to come by).

150SP at level 3 gives you Dance, and it's well worth it, especially with her Hone Atk.

1 minute ago, Elieson said:

150SP at level 3 gives you Dance, and it's well worth it, especially with her Hone Atk.

Yeah, and the push? She is easily one of the best 3* supports i've seen so far. Wonder if she would be worth investing badges into.

The push aka Knockback...Eh, i'm sure it has its uses but I don't like getting Olivia into combat at all. If I'm stuck in a weird position where an enemy can hit Olivia, I'd rather her be at Full HP vs partial from trying to run a Knockback via combat.  It only works on your turn, which is even more tedious.

I myself have a lv30 3* Olivia, which I'm tempted to 4* to give her Hone Atk 4. Her super sword doesn't matter as much, since she shouldn't be seeing a ton of combat.

Edited by Elieson

Having Olivia at 4* is pretty handy, and probably one of the better 3*-4* investments imo. Dancing is valuable, your team will get a light rating boost for Arena matches, and she's actually not horrible at fighting, you just don't really want her doing a lot of it.

Knock Back...is really situational. Off the top of my head the only cases you'd really use it are if

1) The enemy is 1 tile outside of the range of someone that can kill him/her. The map that splits your team into two opposite corners strikes me as the most likely one where this would be the case.

or

2) You have a 1-range character that can't survive a hit from an enemy, can't deal enough damage to kill them, and Olivia has enough damage to make up the difference. So, attack with Olivia to chip & bump them back, then put your 1-range character in the newly formed gap to finish the job.

Edited by LordFrigid

The only way I was able to get Narcian at all was with Olivia's dance ability, I was so glad I trained her to 3*.  And yes I have lost arena battles because of the other team having Olivia or Azura.

The first time it caught me off guard, the second time I learned how to exploit it. You can safely estimate most of the time who Olivia will use dance on, especially if the teams start split off from each other. Now you can catch the unit that takes two turns off-guard by "feeding" him a hit with your strongest defensive unit (Mine would be Gunther, even Red types can usually hardly scratch him). Now you've got a, say, a Marth that you can kill with your strongest offensive unit on the second turn without risking an all-out battle.