How are you using feathers?

Frontiersmann

33 minutes ago, TEHPWNZOR said:

I take it you're talking about MRobin? FRobin is green and would get completely destroyed by Ryoma's counterattack alone o.o

Nope. I'm not trying to counter Ryoma with FRobin, but people who give trouble to Ryoma with FRobin--namely, Linde, Reinhardt and Olwen, Abel, MRobin, etc. There's also Nowi, but I think Nino handles that better.

All of the other people Ryoma doesn't like dealing with can be handled by Takumi.

Edited by Thor Odinson

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

He says that F!Robin destroys Ryoma's biggest counters, not that she destroys Ryoma.

I kinda went through it all without reading properly because I couldn't post on another tab in another thread thinking it'd be a doublepost. Turned out there was a timelimit. My bad, sorry. 

Ok, here it is. 23k feathers and I'm having to make some decisions.

1. Tharja +Def/-Atk

2. 4* Corrin (F) +Def/-Res

3. 3* Corrin (F) +Def/-Hp

4. Sharena Balanced

5. Lots of upgrades all around!

EDIT: Also vaguely considering Barst +Hp/-Res because he and his Reposition have been serving me well for the past month.

And I'd be remiss if I didn't mention 3* Tiki (Adult) +Hp/-Atk

Screenshot_20170303-102515.png

Edited by Frontiersmann

30 minutes ago, Frontiersmann said:
Spoiler

Ok, here it is. 23k feathers and I'm having to make some decisions.

1. Tharja +Def/-Atk

2. 4* Corrin (F) +Def/-Res

3. 3* Corrin (F) +Def/-Hp

4. Sharena Balanced

5. Lots of upgrades all around!

EDIT: Also vaguely considering Barst +Hp/-Res because he and his Reposition have been serving me well for the past month.

And I'd be remiss if I didn't mention 3* Tiki (Adult) +Hp/-Atk

Screenshot_20170303-102515.png

You probably know that, but you're seriuosly lacking in blue units, and that's a big problem in the ongoing arena meta. Personally I'd go with +Def/-Res Corrin, since it's a great unit all around and I think the -HP and the -RES difference is kind of negligible (and you save 2000 feathers this way, right?).

I should also mention that I don't think +Def Tharja is really worth it, especially since you already have Sanaki. But to make this decision you might want to wait for the skill inheritance update, since nobody really knows what kind of restrictions there will be.

Edit: Haven't really tried Shareena yet, as I didn't really like the fact that she can't get +X bonuses from merging.

Edited by r4v1sh

I'm debating on upgrading Lissa to 5* or upgrading Nowi to 5*...

My main team consists of Lyn 5* (-hp/+att), Camilla 5* (+hp/-att), Azura 5* (should check), Lissa 4* (should check).
and Nowi is really good, though I wouldn't want to replace Azura for her... so maybe swap Nowi with Camilla? but then every blue unit would probably rip through my team.

Decided on Nino after doing some calcs

I have +Spd -Def Nino

I plan on running Ryoma, Jeorge, and Olivia with her

Ryoma and Jeorge give a combined 8 speed

Olivia give 4 atk

so given my nino, she would have 46+5 atk and 39+8 speed neutrally

that's 60 atk and 47 speed against a blue

so let's take the bulky versions of Linde because Linde really fucks up my day-- 39HP/27Res or 35HP/30Res, maxboost Nino does 33dmg to the former and 30 to the latter, but wait

GRONNBLADE BONUS

bam extra 12 damage, making it 45 and 42, respective

bye linde

so yeah now I have a 5* Nino

17 minutes ago, Thor Odinson said:

Decided on Nino after doing some calcs

I have +Spd -Def Nino

I plan on running Ryoma, Jeorge, and Olivia with her

Ryoma and Jeorge give a combined 8 speed

Olivia give 4 atk

so given my nino, she would have 46+5 atk and 39+8 speed neutrally

that's 60 atk and 47 speed against a blue

so let's take the bulky versions of Linde because Linde really fucks up my day-- 39HP/27Res or 35HP/30Res, maxboost Nino does 33dmg to the former and 30 to the latter, but wait

GRONNBLADE BONUS

bam extra 12 damage, making it 45 and 42, respective

bye linde

so yeah now I have a 5* Nino

A couple notes for this, actually. Gronnblade doesn't count Spurs as buffs. Also, Gronnblade damage is actually affected by Weapon Triangle (idk why, you wouldn't think so given the wording on the tome...or maybe I'm being too strict about wording). So you'd be looking at, effectively, 69 Atk vs blues. (Still enough to one-hit every Linde, which is always immensely satisfying)

Edited by LordFrigid
WTA/Gronnblade relationship evidence

6 minutes ago, LordFrigid said:

A couple notes for this, actually. Gronnblade doesn't count Spurs as buffs. Also, Gronnblade damage is actually affected by Weapon Triangle (idk why, you wouldn't think so given the wording on the tome...or maybe I'm being too strict about wording). So you'd be looking at, effectively, 69 Atk vs blues. (Still enough to one-hit every Linde, which is always immensely satisfying)

Huh, yeah. I thought the bonuses counted in before weapon triangle, then I reread Gronnblade's wording and had second thoughts. Nice to know my first thought isn't wrong. 

I'll play around who gets to be in Jeorge's slot then, since her damage against Linde is so high she won't need to double her and he won't be giving her bonus damage. Seems like I can just bring back Takumi that way, which is nice because 40 speed Takumi (after a Ryoma boost) has been very good to me. Nino herself has Hone Atk, and while that overlaps with Olivia's own HA3, it's not like Ryoma's taped to Olivia all the time anyway. 

But on the other hand, Jeorge boosts Ryoma's speed and lets him double all Takumi ever. Tough choices.

Unfortunately I can't oneshot Nowi, who's my other big pain in the ass, but at least she's easy to double.

Edited by Thor Odinson

Yeah, no need to worry about Nowi unless you plan on having Nino eat a hit from a Takumi, or similar (doesn't look like your team needs her to fill that role). She takes under 10 damage from her, from my experience (I usually see a lot of 6s).

Edited by LordFrigid

Well, after I make Oboro a 5 stars, now I want to use my feathers on Sharena, Alphonse and Anna, just because there are only one of them. Is a good decision to focus on them? Of course it would be only until 4 stars, since 5 stars sounds like a pain. I would like to upgrade Narcian too

Edited by SniperGYS
typo

I'm saving my feathers until they fully add/detail the skill transfer stuff. If I need to * a unit up to be able to unlock the skill before I can transfer the ability to unlock it to another unit that'll very quickly change my priority to "4* Gunter ASAP" unless there are a lot of conditions on the units able to get his Hone Cavalry. Same story for getting Hawkeye to 5* so I can give a better unit Death Blow 3.