How are you using feathers?

Frontiersmann

Here's my advice: Use your feathers for boss units!!!

As far as we know, you'll only be able to get boss units at 3 star at most. Most of these units have amazing abilities, if the ones so far are anything to go by. Female Robin, for instance, has the "effective against cavalry" ability on a tome. It's pretty likely this trend will continue.

So. This is what feathers are for.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I already promoted Alfonse to 5-star some time ago. While I had a choice between Alfonse, Sharena, Oboro, and Tsubaki to promote at that time, Alfonse definitely had deserved it more because he carried me through more shit in the game.

Currently saving up to promote one of Sharena, Oboro, or Tsubaki next.

Going through the process of leveling all my mediocre 2* units to decent 3* units. Just got Alfonse, Anna, Felicia and Raigh to 3*, and I'm working on Hana, Narcian, F!Robin and Cecilia next. Gonna go 4* after I'm finished with them.

I've used it to bump certain 3* units to 4*, sometimes out of favoritism, or sometimes because I need to fill a hole in my team.  One of those was Odin, for the latter reason.  The most recent one was Olivia, for obvious reasons.

Next 4* bump will be a Gordin I just pulled.  +Atk/-HP is superior to +Def/-Atk.

Much as I want my 5* Virion, he's going to have to wait.

I kinda regret bumping Camilla from 4* to 5*, she isn't very useful except for dealing with mages. Also splurged all the feathers I earned from the arena today on promoting Olivia and Nino to 4*. There isn't much of a stat difference between 5* and 4*, the only noticeable gap is in the skills. So I think I might hold off promoting any more units to 5* and focus more on the 3-4* units. 

How am I using feathers? Probably very inefficiently. I got all of my 2* units to 3*, and I got most of my favourite units from 3* to 4*. As of right now I could have a lovely 5* Nino, but instead I have multiple 4* units I have no real use for unless a quest calls for them. Oh well, I have 0ver 10k feathers saved right now, so maybe in a few weeks I will have enough feathers to finally get my 5* Nino.

Edited by Raven

Well, use them on anything to improve your team, I guess =D.

My 1st 20k feathers I spend on 5* Female Corrin (+att -res), which has been my main unit since.
She is awesome on offense and defense. She can lure Takumi for just 12dmg and debuff him and everything near.
Tanks sword users very easy and can even tank Falchion without a problem. Her 4att buff is also very nice. 
Extremely solid choice (if not -att or -spd) to make this character 5* in the current meta.

My 2nd 20k feathers I spend on Tharja (+spd -res). I wanted something crazy, not many people use.
At 1st I thought of Nino, Saizo, Felicia and even Gordin, but they all had terrible IVs.
This left me with Tharja, which was a dilemma, since you can draw her at 5*.  
Seems this was hell of a solid choice aswell. Built a team around her this week with: Seliph, Azura & Corrin.
With 47(!!) (37+6+4) spd she doubles and shreds anything (100+ damage on Hector).

58b5c7a90337d_image3(1).thumb.PNG.03a53e0e3ea18b46c31aa887f7893492.PNG 58b5c7a1ce490_image2(2).thumb.PNG.dff529715cf2ce6f674ee780e0c7ef69.PNG

1 hour ago, Friendly_Ram said:

One more week and i get enough feathers. Anyone have suggestions on who to upgrade?

Everything points to "physical" and "not red".  Best unit out of that bunch is Cordelia.

5 hours ago, Friendly_Ram said:

One more week and i get enough feathers. Anyone have suggestions on who to upgrade?

I would replace one of the red swords with one of the Tikis or a colourless unit. But I don't know which of those are any good. According to this tier list, the two cavalry healers are A-tier. Maybe check on their skills and abilities and decide for yourself which would suit your team best should one of them replace marth or Eirika.

vW3LHO9.png

Edited by Raven

I'm still saving for my first 20k feathers, as in the first couple of weeks I didn't undertand the ranking system and did quite bad in the arena.

Next week I will have >20k (I'm like 19,8k right now) and I plan to upgrade one of my 4* characters. I've been pulling new ones, so I'm constantly changing my mind about the chosen one... I'm almost sure of upgrading a ranged unit... Robin, Gordin or Lilina. Nowi is another option.

22 hours ago, Pimalai said:

I'm still saving for my first 20k feathers, as in the first couple of weeks I didn't undertand the ranking system and did quite bad in the arena.

Next week I will have >20k (I'm like 19,8k right now) and I plan to upgrade one of my 4* characters. I've been pulling new ones, so I'm constantly changing my mind about the chosen one... I'm almost sure of upgrading a ranged unit... Robin, Gordin or Lilina. Nowi is another option.

Who you upgrade depends on the rest of your team.  Pick someone that fills the niche you need!

I've been aggressively upgrading 3*s to 4*s (16 already it seems :blink: ... that's 1.5 5* upgrades). I can't help but update story and grand hero battle characters (they've proven useful enough for me) (and I didn't have any useful not red 4* plus units in the beginning. Those 10k feathers were a godsend).

I've been enjoying leveling up a wide variety of characters, and there's not much of a problem for me to fulfill any quest since I have a plethora of options and combinations. Since orbs are becoming a bit more sparse (but still not all too much so), I'm very slowly saving towards those 20k upgrades, story characters first (and why not... there's time. As long as the arena doesn't turn into complete insanity)

My advice to others: If you're an arena die-hard (try-hard?) go for those 5* upgrades of what you're team needs. If you want to explore the game and it's tactics go for more intermediate 4* upgrades.

For those who are near or at the 20000 Feather threshold, I recommend holding off until next week when the Arena resets. This way when the "Bonus Characters" for Arena changes, you have a chance at promoting a unit that can fill the bonus slot. I say this since "Arena Seasons" last weekly, but the "Bonus Characters" may change every two weeks (that's next week) if the the precedent holds.

Alternatively, if you don't care about mix-maxing the Arena, then just go, promote your favorite, and enjoy the game!

1 hour ago, Vaximillian said:

YES. FUCK YES. HELL FUCKING YES.

Reveal hidden contents

TRCrJJu.png

Great choice. I decided to roll with throwing my feathers at her as well and let me tell you, 5* Sharena is a monster. Once I got her to 40, I saw immediate results in the Arena that improved my score on my first streak attempt. If your team needs a fast bruiser, she's your woman.

Well... I've started over because my 1st account that I also spent a good amount of money on is cursed so I'm a little behind in feathers. Spent over 150+ orbs than the one I'm using now and only managed to roll 2 5* with horrible IVs ^^ I decided to completely ditch my 1st account ever made.

The one I'm playing now got 6 5* with one of them being +2, with no money spent. A little bit unfair but that's RNG for you. You win some, you lose some. :)

I used my 20k feathers to upgrade my +SPD/-DEF Tharja. I'm going to try out a certain faceroll team. Currently working to upgrade my Sharena. Also, saving orbs for the Nino banner. My plan is to use Tharja, Nino, Sharena and Elise. If I don't get a Nino(my current one is *3 -ATK/+HP-_-) I guess a neutral Julia will do. Which in itself isn't too bad considering all the dragons running around.

Nino buffing Tharja giving her +8 attack. Sharena buffing Nino giving her +8 attack. Then Elise buffing everyone every 3rd heal and of course keeping them alive if they survive engages. I'd replace Elise with Klein/Takumi but I've never managed to pull any of the archers with 1000 + orbs in total counting all my rolls on all the accounts I've ever made so I'm happy having Elise there meanwhile. 

IMG_5462.JPG

IMG_5463.JPG

Edit: For everyone promoting their units. Always remember to check their IVs before using those feathers. 20k is no joke.

Edited by TEHPWNZOR

I'm actually a bit stuck right now--yes, I'm supposed to be saving feathers for Ayra, but since I have an average incoming feather rate of 3k5/week and the current focus is clearly, well, not Ayra, I can afford to promote someone else to 5 in the mean time.

Current candidates are Nino and FRobin. I have a favorable nature on Nino (+spd -def) and I can pull out some 5*s who can support her well--Ryoma, Jeorge, Robin, to name a few, plus Olivia and she's more poweful than FRobin neutrally, but FRobin specifically destroys Ryoma (for whom I center all my teams around)'s biggest counters, like the blue brave horses and Linde, and lets me keep using Takumi instead of Jeorge. I also have Sharena and Catria, but I figured since Ryoma and Takumi are both physical, I should focus on a blue or green mage in the rotating third slot of my team. I have Robin for my blue, and I do have a 5* Merric for green--though his effective overlaps with Takumi's. 

Alternatively I can keep saving the feathers and wait for the focus to end and see if Olwen gets a lower star version. I've been trying to roll exclusive blue specifically because she's one of my favorite people in Thracia, but to no luck

I've started to save up feathers for a 5*. Was thinking Olivia, but Sharena might be handy for the event, since she seems well-positioned and I don't have any of the returning characters involved. Also, having a feather reserve will be nice if I end up wanting specific 4* characters; it was frustrating wanting to get Oboro to 4* for the lance mastery event but not being able to get the necessary feathers in the available timeframe. (I ended up sticking with 3* and using two Light's Blessings to beat Hector.)

45 minutes ago, Thor Odinson said:

I'm actually a bit stuck right now--yes, I'm supposed to be saving feathers for Ayra, but since I have an average incoming feather rate of 3k5/week and the current focus is clearly, well, not Ayra, I can afford to promote someone else to 5 in the mean time.

Current candidates are Nino and FRobin. I have a favorable nature on Nino (+spd -def) and I can pull out some 5*s who can support her well--Ryoma, Jeorge, Robin, to name a few, plus Olivia and she's more poweful than FRobin neutrally, but FRobin specifically destroys Ryoma (for whom I center all my teams around)'s biggest counters, like the blue brave horses and Linde, and lets me keep using Takumi instead of Jeorge. I also have Sharena and Catria, but I figured since Ryoma and Takumi are both physical, I should focus on a blue or green mage in the rotating third slot of my team. I have Robin for my blue, and I do have a 5* Merric for green--though his effective overlaps with Takumi's. 

Alternatively I can keep saving the feathers and wait for the focus to end and see if Olwen gets a lower star version. I've been trying to roll exclusive blue specifically because she's one of my favorite people in Thracia, but to no luck

I take it you're talking about MRobin? FRobin is green and would get completely destroyed by Ryoma's counterattack alone o.o

24 minutes ago, TEHPWNZOR said:

I take it you're talking about MRobin? FRobin is green and would get completely destroyed by Ryoma's counterattack alone o.o

He says that F!Robin destroys Ryoma's biggest counters, not that she destroys Ryoma.