What do you think about Geitz?

Tuvy

As a long time fan of FE7, I've unlocked and used every character in the game, and Geitz has to be one of my favorites. 

I just love his story, personality, and what he stands for. His stats could be better, but they're good and he makes a good endgame unit.

Saying this, I would like to know what people thought of him and his supports. (Love Geitz x Dart, Geitz x Isadora, and Geitz x Fiora)

Edited by Tuvy

Just as you Tuvy, I like his character.

While his stats isn't the best, he definitely is a good unit to use in the endgame.

But that's not the point, I just like his character. My favorite support of him is with Isadora though the one with Fiora is especially good... I guess it's a tie between those two.

Honestly... and it shames me to say this, but... never used him. I'd like to, as he seems pretty cool and I liked his bro in FE6, so... yeah...

Currently my GBA is dead and without a power cable but if I can ever find either that or my GBA player GCN disk... Plan to give him a whirl on my current run.

I end up using him as filler in every playthrough, but he's not usually one of my choices for the final chapter. On Normal mode, he's only a little behind Dorcas/Bartre if you raised them to level 20/3. On Hard mode, he's more on par, debatably better with his higher SKL and SPD. What's cool about Geitz is the Rank A Axes and Bows. With such high Con, he can wield powerful bows without the penalties your other archers would have. And by having Geitz only engage enemies with his bow in his chapter, he will use bows in the arena, letting you get him S rank with ease to wield Reinfleche. He's a decent wielder of this weapon since Rebecca/Wil require so much investment, and Louise never really reaches a comfortable power level in my experience. I'd give him the S rank axe instead, but Basilikos typically goes to Dart, who's an absolute monster every time I've trained him up.

As for his supports, I only remember GeitzxFiora and up to B with his Karel supports. Seems like a decently nuanced character. Plus he's related to Geese which I think is cool but also wierd given how Geese still looks young after 20 years while Geitz could be pushing 30.

I really like him but the game usually sends me to Linus's Version of that Chaper, as I don't like leveling up my Lords before they get their Promotion Item.
But whenever I get the chance to use him I do so. He's not even that bad and his characters is quite interesting.

Very solid filler. Nothing spectacular like Harken or Pent, but he gets the job done. Better than Isadora at least. Hawkeye is more durable, particularly with his 10 base Resistance making him with a Pure Water boost fine for HHM CoD, but not as fast. Louise is faster and has her Pent support, but not quite as strong.

His Strength is a little low for a Warrior, his Skill, durability are also the worst, but he is the fastest. And given the Warrior competition requires training, you can waive those stat losses as nothing compared to having to level Dorcas or Bartre. B weapon ranks are nice, particularly that bow rank.

Hector Mode Lloyd FFO is foggy with a moving strong Light Brand boss- hence I always aim for Linus's chapter. It also helps that Wallace is subpar.