Harvest Moon/Story of Seasons

Sage of Ylisse

This is just a post for people who are fans of the Bokujou Monogatari series as it is known as Japan, Or as it is known internationally Harvest Moon(formerly) and now Story of Seasons, To congregate here and share their progress in their games.

I believe it was because of Natsume having copyright of the Harvest Moon name. And since BokuMono has been switched over to XSEED for localization. Causing the name change. I've played Harvest Moon DS, Tale of Two Towns, A New Beginning. And both of the Story of Seasons.

Yes, I like these games.Ā  I want to get Story of Seasons and Trio of Towns, which just released, so badly but I don't have the money.Ā  *cries in corner*

Oh well, some day.Ā  Until then I've thought of restarting and actually finishing several Harvest Moon games.Ā  The only game I've come the closest to "beating" was A New Beginning, which was also my first game.Ā  I got to the last town renovation when I let myself get distracted by other games.Ā  I also have Tales of Two Towns, Sunshine Islands and Animal Parade.

I love this series. My favourite games are Friends of Mineral Town and More Friends of Mineral Town. Then I also like Tale of Two Towns, A New Beginning, Story of Seasons, and Rune Factory (all four). Trio of Towns is really fun so far.Ā 

Edited by Lyn

I love these games too, they're what got me into games like this in the first place. I've played Tale of Two Towns, Hero of Leaf Valley, the first Story of Seasons, and I'll be getting Trio of Towns at some point.

My very first Harvest Moon was the PS2 title Save the Homeland. The game play was simplistic and monotonous and there was no marriage of any sort, but, damn if I didn't sink entire days of my young life into it. Since then, I own and have played Tale of Two Towns, Animal Parade, Tree of Tranquility, A New Beginning, Story of Seasons and Sunshine Islands.

My favorite title would have to be Animal Parade. The characters are fun and adorable; there is marriage and children (sue me for wanting a family); I like collecting crops, items and other crud for my journal; and there is enough of a story structure that I don't feel that I'm not doing anything, but there is enough freedom that I don't have to feel pressured into completing anything in a certain frame of time.

I've never actually played any Harvest Moon/Story of Seasons games, although I've played a little bit of Rune Factory 3 and 4 and enjoyed those. I really would like to play Trio of Towns at least, but at the moment I don't have the money. How is that one?

21 hours ago, spiderbrush said:

I've never actually played any Harvest Moon/Story of Seasons games, although I've played a little bit of Rune Factory 3 and 4 and enjoyed those. I really would like to play Trio of Towns at least, but at the moment I don't have the money. How is that one?

Trio of towns is pretty good. Surprisingly, Mining comes in thisĀ game rather early only half way through the first season. Though you only have access to two mining nodes at the start.