Singer or Dancer?

Singer or Dancer?  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Singer or Dancer?

• Azura
    • Olivia

Azura hands down Her lance specialty really stands out and compounds well with shockingly nice Strength, Magic Skill and Luck (in addition to fairly good speed) which means she can hold her own quite well if she has to(assuming she doesn't get hit with those paper defenses no way around that lol)

Olivia never gains offenses or defenses to support her defense so stays super weak (without reclassing)

That said I have to admit that I normally re-class both so...(Azura because she is an awesome Falcon Knight, Olivia because skills)

The best Dancer/Singer over all, in my opinion would probably be Raphael as four units even untransformed with only the cost of flight? Sure Yes please...

Ignoring the fact that I have massive problems with Azura in-story, she starts off frail and remains frail throughout the entire game. I use her every time I play Fates, but without fail I have to ensure that she doesn't see ANY enemy phase action otherwise she'll die. By contrast, Olivia starts off frail but can at least be grinded up to be less frail than Azura. Enough to take a hit or two on the EP at least. Functionally they both do the same thing, so I have to go with the one who's sturdier and doesn't annoy me in the story. Azura's still all right as a unit though.

I use Azura a lot more than Olivia since I tend to lowman awakening pretty hard thus Olivia doesn't get a ton of usage there since she can't be protected from the elements. Azura, by contrast, i often run full team and there's also shelter chaining she can work with, which is pretty cool. I also like Azura's design more, though I like Olivia as a character better.

Edited by Thor Odinson

where is the heron option

I like both of them. They both have designs that I like; both have supports that I like; and I use both of them about equally (which is relatively little). That said, I do think I have to give the win to Azura because, between the things that I did like from both of them, I liked Azura's a tad bit more.

Also, she gives birth to Shigure, who I quite adore.

14 minutes ago, saisymbolic said:

where is the heron option

Honestly, I do agree with this. Reyson is cooler than either of these two. He may look girly, but he's pretty damn manly and badass on the inside!

Which reminds me, I think this series needs a male singer that doesn't look feminine. Masculine dudes can be good singers if they want. Plenty of them exist in real life, in fact. Plenty of men dance too (well, outside of ballet which is indeed mostly women). There's no need to restrict the dancer and singer classes to just women or feminine men.

In fact, this is partly why I made an OC that's a male singer who doesn't look like a girl.

Edited by Anacybele

3 minutes ago, KadenTheKitsune said:

I wish that Shigure was a Singer. He would be perfect for the class.

Even he looks kinda feminine, imo, but I don't get why he isn't the singer class. He actually already does sing. Similarly, Inigo dances, but isn't a Dancer. IS needs to stop being so allergic to giving males these classes.

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

IS needs to stop being so allergic to giving males these classes.

I agree. But I think that they only wanted one Singer/Dancer per game, or else they would be too overpowering. But I think that their offspring should have some aspects of Sing/Dance.

25 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Honestly, I do agree with this. Reyson is cooler than either of these two. He may look girly, but he's pretty damn manly and badass on the inside!

Which reminds me, I think this series needs a male singer that doesn't look feminine. Masculine dudes can be good singers if they want. Plenty of them exist in real life, in fact. Plenty of men dance too (well, outside of ballet which is indeed mostly women). There's no need to restrict the dancer and singer classes to just women or feminine men.

In fact, this is partly why I made an OC that's a male singer who doesn't look like a girl.

I'm gonna spoiler this so as to not completely derail the topic.

Spoiler

One reason I enjoyed Reyson so much was because he was completely different from what was expected of him. Though he appeared to be elegant and soft-spoken, he was the complete opposite of that - and there was a justifiable reason in-game for this. In actuality, he was quite outspoken and hot-tempered, and it served to make him all the more endearing. As well, when he did open up those pipes, he sounded magnificent - unless I'm mistaken.

He did sing during PoR, right?

That said, there seems to be this precedent that the dancer/singer class needs to be women or bishounen in order to be effective (or a cute kid if he's a bard). While I don't particularly mind it, I do agree that there needs to be some variety when it comes to the class. I would be ecstatic to see a buff, muscle bound dude with the lungs of an angel supporting his allies in a FE game.

Edited by saisymbolic

1 minute ago, saisymbolic said:

While I don't particularly mind it, I do agree that there needs to be some variety when it comes to the class. I would be ecstatic to see a buff, muscle bound dude with the lungs of an angel supporting his allies in a FE game.

We should start a petition lol.

2 minutes ago, saisymbolic said:

I'm gonna spoiler this so as to not completely derail the topic.

Hide contents

One reason I enjoyed Reyson so much was because he was completely different from what was expected of him. Though he appeared to be elegant and soft-spoken, he was the complete opposite of that - and there was a justifiable reason in-game for this. In actuality, he was quite outspoken and hot-tempered, and it served to make him all the more endearing. As well, when he did open up those pipes, he sounded quite magnificent - unless I'm mistaken.

He did sing during PoR, right?

That said, there seems to be this precedent that the dancer/singer class needs to be women or bishounen in order to be effective (or a cute kid if he's a bard). While I don't particularly mind it, I do agree that there needs to be some variety when it comes to the class. I would be ecstatic to see a buff, muscle bound dude with the lungs of an angel supporting his allies in a FE game.

Exactly! And yep, he sang with Leanne in the Serenes Forest cutscene. :)

Heh, well, my OC may not be Ike level buff or anything, but he does have some muscle to him due to having trained with Frederick. XD (he rides a horse and wields swords as well)

7 minutes ago, KadenTheKitsune said:
  Hide contents

Who would be the funniest character to see as a Singer/Dancer due to a special class change?

Spoiler

Shinon, by virtue of the fact that he'd never agree to it unless he was drunk. And drunk Shinon is something we all need in our lives.

Someone needs to draw that...

Edited by Extrasolar

1 minute ago, Extrasolar said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Shinon, by virtue is the fact that he'd never agree to it unless he was drunk. And drunk Shinon is something we all need in our lives.

Someone needs to draw that...

Spoiler

Lol. Wouldn't it also be funny to see Xander and Takumi as a Songstress?