Judgral Echoes Remake Wants

Corrobin

On 3/11/2017 at 11:11 AM, Extrasolar said:

Well if it was real war, we'd have dozens of cavalry units charging at one another simultaneously, and far more than a few scattered troops hanging everywhere and anywhere. Not to mention, they'd be doing hit and run tactics rather than standing there and letting the other guy hit 'em every time they strike.

Basically, army and battle realism in FE is screwed from the start.

I do like this idea of having to split the party to tackle different objectives. Fates did it for a few of the maps, and I liked those, just because it was more complex and interesting.

I guess you don't play FE4 yet?

Yes, the enemies do the hit and run tactic every time when they need to.

They're also very discipline and keep their formation when marching.

2 hours ago, hanhnn said:

keep their formation when marching.

Well, I can't remember them keeping it once they've attacked (and by that I mean stuff like Muhammad's circle of friends), more like running back to the group as best as they can, and the group will often still be close enough for the player to respond after enemy phase.

Then again, few games in the series give that kind of canto to allow that in the first place. Hit and run is something they do exploit @Extrasolar.

5 hours ago, hanhnn said:

I guess you don't play FE4 yet?

No, I've played it.

Yes, the enemies do the hit and run tactic every time when they need to.

I was talking about in the battles themselves, not after Canto or whatnot. In the battles themselves, mounted units stand still and let themselves be attacked by the enemy after striking, when if things were realistic they'd get out of there as soon as they struck, without giving the enemy a chance to attack. That's why I'm saying that the battle realism is screwed. Besides, you can only Canto if you have spaces left to do so, so it's not like that's a thing all the time in the first place.

They're also very discipline and keep their formation when marching.

No, not really. Just like Dayni said above. Sure, they like to stay next to each other, but that's a given for enemies in every single FE game. But it's not like they're locked into straight lines or rigid formations or anything when they move. And once they start attacking, yeah, all bets are off.

Edited by Extrasolar