Guys...I am no longer without a 5 star unit.

Anacybele

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Lucıůs said:

Grats!! Awesome choice you made there. Freddy is epic. Hoping that you'll pull a 5☆ pretty soon! (Prays to St. Elimine) 

It'd be awesome if the next focus had Ike and I actually pulled him at 5 star. It'd be like the game was waiting to make my favorite hero my first 5 star pull! XD

And thanks everyone else for the congrats and stuff. ^^

Edited by Anacybele

I mean, normally at games im pretty lucky, so i decided to download a FE heroes from a android emulator, and my first pull is none other then the 5* focus red mage Sanaki. I was like.... "ummm, is this normal?" after i got my second full summon (pain in the rear, but worth it) i pull another 5* focus, but this time it was Klein (Who absolutely dominates anything he feels like and is already a lvl 35). 2 summons later, i pull a 5* loli tiki. IDK WHAT MY LUCK EVEN IS ANYMORE!!!

52 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

It'd be awesome if the next focus had Ike and I actually pulled him at 5 star. It'd be like the game was waiting to make my favorite hero my first 5 star pull! XD

Indeed! I believe everyone's luck is out there, waiting to be obtained. Yours may be reserved for the best ones. Keep your head up! :^_^:

Congrats for your 5 star Freddy! Honestly it's nice to see someone have a 5 star rarity of a character you don't see so often.

3 minutes ago, Falcom said:

Congrats for your 5 star Freddy! Honestly it's nice to see someone have a 5 star rarity of a character you don't see so often.

I was always sad that Freddy isn't liked much. I mean, some people like him, and he's not exactly unpopular, but he's not popular at all either. He's one of the more realistically written characters in Awakening though, where he doesn't trust Robin right away and stuff. He also points out that going to war in Valm RIGHT after they just finished with Plegia is probably unwise. Yet, Takumi acts the same way with Corrin and he's popular... It's pretty dumb. I mean, I like Takumi too, so nothing against him, this just doesn't make sense to me. How is Takumi popular for the way he's written, but not Frederick when they have this big similarity? Is it Takumi being more Japanese-themed? Younger? Freddy's not old though... He can't be more than 30, imo.

Edited by Anacybele

14 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I was always sad that Freddy isn't liked much. I mean, some people like him, and he's not exactly unpopular, but he's not popular at all either. He's one of the more realistically written characters in Awakening though, where he doesn't trust Robin right away and stuff. He also points out that going to war in Valm RIGHT after they just finished with Plegia is probably unwise. Yet, Takumi acts the same way with Corrin and he's popular... It's pretty dumb. I mean, I like Takumi too, so nothing against him, this just doesn't make sense to me. How is Takumi popular for the way he's written, but not Frederick when they have this big similarity? Is it Takumi being more Japanese-themed? Younger? Freddy's not old though... He can't be more than 30, imo.

People probably liked Takumi more for his memes. I've heard #BlameTakumi everywhere when Fates came out. It's a shame really...

25 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

It's probably because Takumi is a much more controversial character. He's liked more than Frederick, but hated more as well. Him being one of the few well written characters in fates and his story relevance also draws more attention to him.

Edited by Korath88

On 3/10/2017 at 11:59 PM, eclipse said:

ONE DAY, I will have enough feathers for that.  But not in the near future, I have a 3* Gordin that needs to be promoted!

So to answer your question, I don't know.

I just wanted to pop in and say, that my first 5 star promotion was Gordin, and I do not regret it one bit. I have Takumi and I still use Gordin over him, because not only do I like Gordin better, but he's excellent at sniping mages before they can attack back

Edited by ChibiToastExplosion

13 minutes ago, Falcom said:

People probably liked Takumi more for his memes. I've heard #BlameTakumi everywhere when Fates came out. It's a shame really...

I liked Takumi before I knew of any memes, but...yeah, that's dumb too if it's the case. :/

3 minutes ago, Korath88 said:

It's probably because Takumi is a much more controversial character. He's liked more than Frederick, but hated more as well. Him being one of the few well written characters in fates, and his story relevance also draws more attention to him.

Hm, yeah, that makes sense. Frederick definitely doesn't have any controversy to him, he's just an overprotective doting butler knight who likes campfires, knitting, and rare mushrooms. :P

Edited by Anacybele

JYBjxd.png

I'd say he's a one man trucker once he gets Wary Fighter. It was also the only 5 Star that I've ever got with feathers.

Edited by PuffPuff

2 minutes ago, PuffPuff said:

JYBjxd.png

I'd say he's a one man trucker once he gets Wary Fighter. It was also the only 5 Star that I've ever got with feathers.

Nice! I want to promote my Alphonse sometime as well. Wary fighter is a good fit - maybe brash assault with death blow combo as an alternative?

Eliwood is the first unit I promoted to 5*. I feel no regret whatsoever because he's doing really great and definitely worth to feather!

Sharena'll probably the next I'll promote to 5*.

the first character i made 5 stars was m!robin :>

looking forward to upgrading fir to 5 stars in 2 days as well!!

3 hours ago, Anacybele said:

i know frederick is really loved on tumblr for a fact .. but mostly by an older female audience--at the very least though i would say actually nobody hates frederick, unlike takumi, with the difference between the two being is even though takumi is really popular, a ton of ppl hate his guts at the same time. 

both of the characters have gained traction through memes, with frederick's being #1 chrom fan and a pyromaniac and takumi's being critumi, a pineapple, and the #blametakumi thing ,,, but as for the last thing you've said i definitely think takumi seems more popular because he's younger looking (nd i think most would think hes cuter/prettier as well, again no hate toward frederick this is just what i've noticed) and easier to laugh at/makes joke about and for sure the age thing. even if frederick isnt more than thirty takumi looks no older than 17 which is a looot younger. and takumi is a prince and plays a bigger role than frederick which are both factors as well. but ya the people that DO like frederick are usually super nice and easy to get along with tho which is good.

Edited by claire

Well...  I like Frederick, too.  And not just for his memes...  He's the quirky, overly protective dad Chrom and Lissa never had.  Which is bittersweet, since their actual dad was apparently a dick.

Also yeah, Takumi's definitely a more polarizing entity.  I think he, along with Oboro, is the best written character in Fates, and plenty of people share that sentiment.  But at the same time, I think people are put off by the memes he generates (especially a certain hashtag) and his disposition towards Corny Stu and the obsessive cow princess.  The fact that he's a main character only brings those points to the forefront of the audience's attention.

Anyway, the first (and only) 5* promotion I did was everyone's favorite racist fashionista, naturally.  I'll be using the feathers and badges to probably bring a bunch of 3 star favorites of mine up to 4*, so it'll be a while until I get another upgrade-only 5* unit.  Also seeing all these posts, I think it's about time I start working on the beginner party ._.

13 hours ago, Anacybele said:

Congrats!!

Im reeeeeally hoping that you get a 5* Ike when he is released. (And I will wish a Soren for myself, haha)

I feel like the game is purposefully not allowing you to summon 5 star units until you get 5 star Ike.

6 hours ago, ChibiToastExplosion said:

Wary fighter is a good fit - maybe brash assault with death blow combo as an alternative?

Quick Riposte allows him to activate a Folkvangr- and Death Blow-boosted Sol on your next player phase attack if you are double attacked. Quick Riposte also allows him to one-round kill a fairly large portion of the current metagame on the counterattack. I'd personally pick that over Brash Assault, even if Brash Assault couples with Death Blow better.

6 hours ago, claire said:

the first character i made 5 stars was m!robin :>

looking forward to upgrading fir to 5 stars in 2 days as well!!

i know frederick is really loved on tumblr for a fact .. but mostly by an older female audience--at the very least though i would say actually nobody hates frederick, unlike takumi, with the difference between the two being is even though takumi is really popular, a ton of ppl hate his guts at the same time. 

both of the characters have gained traction through memes, with frederick's being #1 chrom fan and a pyromaniac and takumi's being critumi, a pineapple, and the #blametakumi thing ,,, but as for the last thing you've said i definitely think takumi seems more popular because he's younger looking (nd i think most would think hes cuter/prettier as well, again no hate toward frederick this is just what i've noticed) and easier to laugh at/makes joke about and for sure the age thing. even if frederick isnt more than thirty takumi looks no older than 17 which is a looot younger. and takumi is a prince and plays a bigger role than frederick which are both factors as well. but ya the people that DO like frederick are usually super nice and easy to get along with tho which is good.

Coolio!

And an older female audience? What counts as older here? Like my age and up? I'm about to be 26 in two months. But yeah, Takumi is younger.. I kinda like my men a bit older tho. I mean, not like middle age or anything, but mid to late twenties, like I think Freddy is.

Congrats!

I haven't upgraded anybody to 5 star even though I have the feathers to do so. In an ideal world, I'd upgrade Sakura, but I want to save them for a strong green-type unit instead to fix my team balance.