• Middle
    • Semi Middle
    • Bottom
  5. 5. Effie

• Semi Top
    • Middle
    • Semi Middle
    • Bottom

Beruka: Amazing base class with good skills and a Heart that works quite synergistically with it. Her bad Strength is salvaged by her classes, and her Speed can be salvaged via her Heart, though that clips her wings all the good it brings. Hmm... I'd say Mid Tier.

Oboro, nice enough stats with Seal Defense and later Speed for crippling foes. But nothing spectacular about her on any level- Mid Tier.

Izana is totally Mid Tier. I hate Peacebringer, but he is a solid mid-late magic chipper with healing. A little slow, but a Speed Tonic should spare him from all but the fastest of baddies.

Flora is Low Tier. Take Izana, weaken the magic chip, add a lackluster physical chip, and attach debuffs to both. Also, make her even slower. Izana is just so much better than her on Conquest.

Benny for Low Tier. Wonderful wall once raised with his unusually good Res making him able to survive an extra magic hit. Yet he needs some babying to get to Wary Fighter which he so badly needs to be such an incredible wall.

Xander has never been as good for me as this poll suggests lmao. Others seem more or less accurate... (I did think Effie would be higher though but shrug)

17 hours ago, BANRYU said:

Xander has never been as good for me as this poll suggests lmao. Others seem more or less accurate... (I did think Effie would be higher though but shrug)

Same. I used Xander for like one chapter, and he's okay for me, but definitely not one of the best characters in Fates.

I voted for Effie as Top Tier, but it looks like some people disagree...

4 hours ago, KadenTheKitsune said:

Same. I used Xander for like one chapter, and he's okay for me, but definitely not one of the best characters in Fates.

I voted for Effie as Top Tier, but it looks like some people disagree...

If you use him for only one chapter, hardly you can say how good he is.

Xander is most definitely one of the best characters in Conquest, and I can only assume that the person who voted him as bottom tier was joking. It's been a while since I played through any of the routes, but from what I remember, Xander can be a pretty damn good physical tank, and dish out respectable damage, too.

4 minutes ago, Frenzify said:

Xander is most definitely one of the best characters in Conquest, and I can only assume that the person who voted him as bottom tier was joking. It's been a while since I played through any of the routes, but from what I remember, Xander can be a pretty damn good physical tank, and dish out respectable damage, too.

You're talking about a physical tank on horseback, who has a high Mt weapon with 1-2 range, hits pretty hard, and who's only real weaknesses are his Speed and vulnerability to magic.

Yeah, he's definitely top tier, especially if you fix his Speed deficiency with a Charlotte pair up and/or the Lodestar class.

Xander is certainly less godly than Ryoma (who does have a weakness- he wilts at the sight of a General), and Camilla's value for the midgame and Hinoka battle 2 might overshadow him, but he is by no means bad. He can singlehandedly handle the east side of his joining chapter in CQ, and with a DS pal plus a fort and some vulneraries or concoctions tackle the east side of his Rev. joining chapter quite easily. He also lets you turtle the Ninja Den of Evil with some, you can only do this though if you don't mind missing out on the Saizo Speedwing.

Siegfried is just so good, 1-2 range with no drawback and +4 Def just for having in his inventory. And if by some miracle you can buff him to doubling speed he can do it with the Siegfried, making him possibly better than Effie offensively and just as durable. A D lance lets him use the Beast Killer to OHKO Pegs and Kinshi. Add some lovely reclass options: Wyvern heart, and either Ninja, Mercenary, and DM for his friendships, all of which offer something nice.

No unit can solo Lunatic Conquest, which is good because you need strategy, but Xander certainly is in the upper echelon of units.