English VA Speculation and Predictions

Here's what I'm thinking of the cast so far:

Alm: Kyle McCarley (holy Mikazuki batman)
Lukas: Greg Chun (listen to Eldigan's clips from Heroes)
Faye: ??? (her battle quote sounded like Stephanie Sheh, but her map select quote did not. Odd)
Celica: Erica Lindbeck (I had to look up clips of her voice to compare rather than my own ear, but it sounds pretty close)
Mae: Cherami Leigh (this one is obvious. For a quick example, compare her lines with Gwendolyn's from Heroes. Voice is the same, just different infliction)
Boey: ??? (he has quite a few lines out now, but I'm stumped)
Genny: ??? (I have no clue honestly)
Saber: Keith Silverstein (his voice is pretty obvious. Reminded me immediately of Zhuge Dan from DW8)
Valbar: Kyle Hebert (compare with Bartre from Heroes, his voice is pretty distinct, even when gravelly. Just listen to Valbar's level-up quote to hear it best)
Leon: Lucien Dodge (sounds like JYB, but not quite, just like Dodge's role as Li Dian from DW8. Or it could be Micah Solusod, as he can sound like JYB as well, but Dodge is more likely)
Kamui: Bryce Papenbrook (this one is pretty undeniable as well)

Of course, my ear isn't perfect, but I've always been great at telling voices from short clips (I ID'd Nobunaga Shimazaki as Male Corrin from just a single "はい" during an early Fates trailer). Still, the cast is sounding great, regardless of who any of them really are. Can't wait to hear more!

15 minutes ago, BlizzardWolf95 said:

Here's what I'm thinking of the cast so far:

Alm: Kyle McCarley (holy Mikazuki batman)
Lukas: Greg Chun (listen to Eldigan's clips from Heroes)
Faye: ??? (her battle quote sounded like Stephanie Sheh, but her map select quote did not. Odd)
Celica: Erica Lindbeck (I had to look up clips of her voice to compare rather than my own ear, but it sounds pretty close)
Mae: Cherami Leigh (this one is obvious. For a quick example, compare her lines with Gwendolyn's from Heroes. Voice is the same, just different infliction)
Boey: ??? (he has quite a few lines out now, but I'm stumped)
Genny: ??? (I have no clue honestly)
Saber: Keith Silverstein (his voice is pretty obvious. Reminded me immediately of Zhuge Dan from DW8)
Valbar: Kyle Hebert (compare with Bartre from Heroes, his voice is pretty distinct, even when gravelly. Just listen to Valbar's level-up quote to hear it best)
Leon: Lucien Dodge (sounds like JYB, but not quite, just like Dodge's role as Li Dian from DW8. Or it could be Micah Solusod, as he can sound like JYB as well, but Dodge is more likely)
Kamui: Bryce Papenbrook (this one is pretty undeniable as well)

Of course, my ear isn't perfect, but I've always been great at telling voices from short clips (I ID'd Nobunaga Shimazaki as Male Corrin from just a single "はい" during an early Fates trailer). Still, the cast is sounding great, regardless of who any of them really are. Can't wait to hear more!

Valbar being Kyle Hebert would explain why he sounds so familiar.

23 hours ago, Aurabolt said:

I will be at Anime Boston in two weeks. Here is the guest list so far: http://www.animeboston.com/guests/guest_listing/

To save a Click: Here is the list of confirmed North American VAs:

Voice Acting Guests

I don't know if anyone else from SF will be there but if you are, it might not hurt to ask if they can confirm their involvement with SoV. I plan to ask Greg, Cherami and Chris should I make it into their meet & greets since there's a good chance at least one of them worked on SoV.

Hmm...I know it's probably a long shot but is there any chance we might be able to ask Reina Strober if she worked on SoV as well? In case some folks don't know, she's Azura's English VA from Fates.

OMG I WISH I COULD GO TO THIS I WOULD DIE!!!

Even though I don't know who she'd possibly voice, but I'd love to see Xanthe Huynh to be a part of the Echoes cast. She has a voice similar to Stephanie Sheh's Hinata (Naruto) voice, so maybe she's actually Faye?

Like others have said, Mae is definitely Cherami Leigh. She sounds exactly the same as Natsumi from Sgt. Frog which she did the voice for, and same goes for Gaige from Borderlands 2.

That's really the only one I payed attention to since her voice is just so recognizable to me.

Trying to identify Boey's VA is really throwing me off. When he's selected on the map, he sounds like Vic Mignogna. When he defeats an enemy in the other video, he sounds a little bit like Kaiji Tang. And when he has his pre-battle talk with Mae, he sounds like someone totally different again, but for the life of me I can't recognize who.

Maybe he's just someone completely new. I'd actually like that. Hearing new, refreshing voices in video games is always welcome.

On 3/20/2017 at 7:38 AM, HylianBelmont said:

I'm actually hoping the got David Stanbra and/or Walden James to play someone in this myself. They were two of my favourite VAs from Fates tbh.

Walden James would be good for some of the older characters. Though, it's hard to speculate who he might voice (if he were in the game) since he's still an enigmatic person. XD

Also, hey HylianBelmont. Haven't seen you on here in a while.

On another note, I noticed that Celica sounded a lot like Magilou (Erica Lindbeck) when she was attacking someone during the split screen that showed Alm and Celica in the Two Armies trailer.

Edited by KazeNinja17

I honestly can't figure out Leon at all. His voice clip sounds a lot like Max Mittelman, but his in-battle grunts sound identical to Ray Chase. It's really throwing me off, since I feel like I've heard his exact voice somewhere before, yet at the same time he sounds totally unfamiliar.

Edited by KoolioKenneth

26 minutes ago, KoolioKenneth said:

I honestly can't figure out Leon at all. His voice clip sounds a lot like Max Mittelman, but his in-battle grunts sound identical to Ray Chase. It's really throwing me off, since I feel like I've heard his exact voice somewhere before, yet at the same time he sounds totally unfamiliar.

After listening to the clip a few more times since I made my other post in this topic, I'm almost certain it's Lucien Dodge. Sounds identical to Li Dian from Dynasty Warriors.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FWIG3YLciWc

If you skip to 1:20, you can hear Li Dian's character selection line.

Edited by BlizzardWolf95
Had to add a link for voice reference.

On 3/21/2017 at 8:49 PM, KazeNinja17 said:

Walden James would be good for some of the older characters. Though, it's hard to speculate who he might voice (if he were in the game) since he's still an enigmatic person. XD

Also, hey HylianBelmont. Haven't seen you on here in a while.

On another note, I noticed that Celica sounded a lot like Magilou (Erica Lindbeck) when she was attacking someone during the split screen that showed Alm and Celica in the Two Armies trailer.

He'd make a good Leon IMO, he also does really well as smug and condescending villains IMO. (Iago and Kotaro are great examples) So it would nice to hear him in that kind of role as well, plus I just love the sound of his voice in general haha. 

I haven't heard too much of Erica Lindbeck's work, but I have heard some of that character's voice that you mentioned however. And I do think she has a pretty good chance of being Celica's VA actually! But we'll just have to wait and see. 

Also, David Stanbra would be perfect as Belkt I think. 

Edited by HylianBelmont