An interesting detail I noticed

12 minutes ago, Altrosa said:

Actually, I think it would be cool if Berkut is sort of a Shura type scenario as was done in Conquest. You can give him a second chance and recruit him, or execute him for his crimes.

Also, I think Hidari is a dude. 

The Shura archetype would be cool! I feel like it would be neat if he perhaps is pushed aside by his own empire and cast out after failing and is recruited out of pity afterwards, losing his ignorance and arrogance he once had (idk?)

(and BTW Hidari is a woman)

2 hours ago, Altrosa said:

Actually, I think it would be cool if Berkut is sort of a Shura type scenario as was done in Conquest. You can give him a second chance and recruit him, or execute him for his crimes.

That would work too. Would also be awesome if we saw Alm struggling with the decision to have mercy on him or slay him due to his past actions with Desaix, since he's the more emotional/volatile of the two. Maybe we'd have Celica come in and try to vouch for Berkut, but at the end making it the player's choice would be the best option, imo. That way you don't get dissatisfied players thinking he escaped karmic punishment if they don't consider him sympathetic enough, like what happened with Michalis in New Mystery...

But yeah, I am for a more mousy, quieter Berkut if he does end up switching sides. I imagine he'd be feeling pretty awkward around all these Deliverance guys after that... Best to keep one's head down, and people like Celica would reach out to him and try to make him feel more welcome. I'm hoping for something of a Zuko 2.0 here, because for the most part I think his transition to good guy was well done.

Edited by Extrasolar

I think that it would be an interesting mechanic if in a future future emblem game, some people who are recruitable betray you and switch sides mid-battle. After all, the lord is trusting a random enemy defector to work with them and gives the recruit a weapon. (maybe in a thracia 776 remake)

Edited by KliffIsTheOG

2 hours ago, KliffIsTheOG said:

I think that it would be an interesting mechanic if in a future future emblem game, some people who are recruitable betray you and switch sides mid-battle. After all, the lord is trusting a random enemy defector to work with them and gives the recruit a weapon. (maybe in a thracia 776 remake)

I second that.

Spoiler

Shoot, they could pull a jill and make it based on support to recruit them again