Will you get the "SP+3" for a kill?

shadowofchaos

So, the limit for gaining SP against generic enemies is -6 levels. The limit for gaining SP against FE Heroes is -8 levels. I think this helps a lot of people, thank you for the hard work =).

P.S. Those japanese lines sound great, I'm a bit jealous >.>

At first I was wondering what the point of trying lower level enemies was after established the 6 level difference, but then the "Ooh" moment came. I would not have thought there'd be a difference between generics and heroes for SP gain, that's rather odd but good to know all the same, thanks for sharing!

Although I wonder if the formula is actually static or not, I'll play around with some 10s, 20s, and 40s to see if the difference is always 6/8 a bit later if no one else has done it by then..

I've noticed that I gain SP +3 from some enemies in Arena and SP +1 from others, even though everyone involved in combat was level 40. Do you have any idea what accounts for the difference in SP gain?

1 hour ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

I've noticed that I gain SP +3 from some enemies in Arena and SP +1 from others, even though everyone involved in combat was level 40. Do you have any idea what accounts for the difference in SP gain?

I was under the impression that Arena always got reduced to SP+1.

I noticed I get less exp from the Arena in general as well.

28 minutes ago, shadowofchaos said:

I was under the impression that Arena always got reduced to SP+1.

I noticed I get less exp from the Arena in general as well.

Perhaps I just thought some of the +1s were +3s. I'll pay more attention when I do more Arena tomorrow at the reset. 

20 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

Perhaps I just thought some of the +1s were +3s. I'll pay more attention when I do more Arena tomorrow at the reset. 

I'm almost certain SP gains in the arena are always +1.

So I did a bunch of testing while keeping notes on the process. SP gained does indeed cap at -6 with generics regardless of level, and oddly enough rarity seems to play a role too.

First up I tested some level 23/24's and 11's. a 24+1 unit killing a level 18 gives 3 sp, that same unit killing a 16 gives 0. then killed an 18 and 16 with a level 23 unit, the 23 unit got 3 sp for the 18, and none for the 16, confirming the 6 level gap theory, and also showing that a unit with +1 (merge) does not affect this level difference. I don't have any units above +1 to test further on that though, if someone with a +10 would like to chime in. Now the start of something interesting, a level 11 2* unit killing both a level 5 and a level 14 only gains 2 sp, and 0 SP from a level 4. so it would seem 1 and 2*s gain SP at a slower rate, as leveling up also seems to give +8 instead of +12 with them. 

at level 40 I was able to gain SP against level 34's with both a 40, and a 40+1 in the training tower. The amount seemed to always be 3sp.

As for Arena, it would seem the rarity of your unit vs the rarity of the enemy unit is what determines the amount of SP gained. If a 5* kills a 5*, they gain 1 SP. I used a non merged level 40 to take down a 40+3 unit, both 5*, and it still only got 1 SP. However, when using a 4*+1 to kill a 5*, the 4*+1 unit gained 3 SP. That same 4*+1 unit however only gains 1 SP when killing a 4* unit. After playing around with both a 25-28 group(all 4*) and a 40/40+ group(4/5*) in both int and advance I've found the difficulty does not seem to have any impact on this rarity clause.

Edit: Wanted to try one last thing with low levels, a full level 1 team with a 2, 3, and 4 star unit to confirm 2*s gain less SP and it wasn't just a level thing. A 2* killing unit gains 2 SP. a 3 and 4* gain 3 SP even at level 1. from level 1->2 a 2* gets 4 SP, and the 3 and 4* get 6 SP.

Edited by Jimbo

2 hours ago, Clogon said:

I am pretty sure it has to do with BST since my Reinhardt gets +3 in arena every time.

Huh.. Well that completely throws out my rarity in arena theory, although I'm unsure why I could get +1 and +3 on the same unit. Maybe it's a mix of BST and Rarity. Like there's a threshold your unit needs to have compared to the enemy.

Edited by Jimbo

3 hours ago, Korath88 said:

So, regarding the SP gains in arena, apparently the bonus characters are the ones who gain 3SP per kill while everyone else gets 1SP. Can't believe it was that simple.

Omg, I can't believe it was that simple! Lol I was wondering why my Reinhardt stopped getting +3. xD Thanks for the solution!

5 hours ago, Korath88 said:

So, regarding the SP gains in arena, apparently the bonus characters are the ones who gain 3SP per kill while everyone else gets 1SP. Can't believe it was that simple.

...how could we have missed something that simple. That actually makes perfect sense though (or at least moreso than the BST theory since my Eldigan got SP +3 last season, and his BST is one of the highest).