Just to clear a misconception

I don't mean to sound condescending in this post, however I feel a misconception needs to be cleared up.

People seem to think that in this game and the original Gaiden you had to chose between Alm's route and Celica's route, however, in actuality you control both of their armies simultaniously. For example you could play 1 Alm map then play a Celica map or you could play all of Celica's route then play Alm's route.

Now I can't quite remember if their is a situation where you have to advance through one route in order to advance the other except for one case, but for the most part you can freely chose between what maps you play in Chapters 3 and 4.

Again I don't mean to sound condescending and I apologies if I do. I just wanted to clear up a misconception that I have seen being said.

I played through Gaiden recently, so I can help with this.

Chapter 1 is Alm only.

Chapter 2 is Celica only.

Chapter 3 lets you control both simultaneously, to end the chapter both must reach the floodgates, Celica has to open hers first, then Alm. But they can reach them anyway so it's just a matter of which order to talk to NPCs.

Chapter 4... Celica must fulfill her objective, otherwise Alm will be stuck on an area indefinitely. 

Chapter 5... well, can't say much about it without spoiling.

1 hour ago, Azz said:

I don't mean to sound condescending in this post, however I feel a misconception needs to be cleared up.

People seem to think that in this game and the original Gaiden you had to chose between Alm's route and Celica's route, however, in actuality you control both of their armies simultaniously. For example you could play 1 Alm map then play a Celica map or you could play all of Celica's route then play Alm's route.

Now I can't quite remember if their is a situation where you have to advance through one route in order to advance the other except for one case, but for the most part you can freely chose between what maps you play in Chapters 3 and 4.

Again I don't mean to sound condescending and I apologies if I do. I just wanted to clear up a misconception that I have seen being said.

It isn't condescending to correct people lol

Just now, YouSquiddinMe said:

It isn't condescending to correct people lol

I know, but I have been called condescending by some people IRL when I would correct them on something and since you can't really tell someone's tone over the internet I just wanted to not take any chances know what I mean.

Just now, Azz said:

I know, but I have been called condescending by some people IRL when I would correct them on something and since you can't really tell someone's tone over the internet I just wanted to not take any chances know what I mean.

Hey, you like Mae the Bae so you're okay in my book no matter how condescending you are, you bastard.

2 minutes ago, Thane said:

Hey, you like Mae the Bae so you're okay in my book no matter how condescending you are, you bastard.

Dat dun got me right in da feelz bro.

;__;

Wait, they did? Honestly... lol.

But well, good on you for clearing that thing up that I never even knew existed, but should've guessed would happen.
But I don't browse the forum, so.. you know

But... like, people should remember the main SF page is a thing, and it literally tells you this on the Gaiden page.

Edited by Soledai

Wasn't aware that there were people that didn't realize that you could control Alm and Celica at the same time in some parts of the game.

5 minutes ago, The DanMan said:

...It was that one person in the Sonia or Deen thread, wasn't it?

No not just that person. I have seen a few people on here, around the web and in my own circle think that there was a route split.

But I guess that was the post that kind of pushed me to make the topic though :p

Edited by Azz

6 hours ago, Vier Mill said:

Chapter 4... Celica must fulfill her objective, otherwise Alm will be stuck on an area indefinitely.

Adding to this, you have to get Alm stuck before Celica can enter the last area of her half of the chapter.

I loved simultaneous routes because whenever I was getting pissed off by Alm's weak army in chapter 4, I could go and blow through things with Kliff in Celica's army

Also it is not necessary to get Alm stuck because there is a wait command.

Edited by KliffIsTheOG