Berserkers Vs Swordmasters!

DeSu

It was an opinionated poll. I'm asking which class is superior.

In the very classes' substance themselves, Berserkers are sky high better than Swordmasters, especially in 7 and 8. With much higher strength, equal skill in 7 and 8, only two less speed, better defense, and slightly less resistance, Berserkers dominate Swordmasters. As far as weapons go, cheap, powerful, but heavy axes I consider better than the expensive, weaker, but lighter and more accurate swords.

As far as overall characters go, Swordmasters win by pure numbers, since they've been around much longer than Berserkers.

Berserkers.

They have better durability, cheap and powerful axes, and even speed. Swordmasters are fragile, rely on crits to kill, use expesive and weak swords, and in the case of GBA FE games, have low con.

It's a shame that FE10 abandoned Berserkers, but I could see why.

Edited by Black Luster Soldier

A debate on this more than likely won't change anyone's mind. Anyway, I put forth that Berserkers are superior due to their strength without the sacrifice of speed.

i know, it's just that peope don't seem to realize the advantages of Berserkers. They're all like "ZOMG SPEED" when Zerkers are only 2 speed behind. It annoys me.

i know, it's just that peope don't seem to realize the advantages of Berserkers. They're all like "ZOMG SPEED" when Zerkers are only 2 speed behind. It annoys me.

SM fanfags. All that needs to be said. They're so blind to Berserker advantages that Swordmasters don't have.

Yeah, SMs tend to get more RNG screwed in the strength department. Berserkers conversely sometimes tend to get skill screwed. (But not as often as SMs get strength screwed.) Both are good classes, but what's better? Relying too much on criticals? Or being able to attack while "swimming" or wading, as well as climbing mountains with ease, as well as going "RAHH! HULK SMASH!!!!" on your enemies? Plus buying axes is less taxing on your armory bills. So in other words, BERSERKERS FTW!!!

Edited by Little Al

Give me FE4/5 and Swordmasters win.

Give me 6 and Berserkers win.

Give me 7 and... huh. Dart is great, but kills funds. Hawkeye is way too damn slow. Guy is only good with supports, Karel and Karla both suck.

Give me 8 and... wow. Dozla and Marisa suck. Josh is good, Ross is ok. The SM's probably win that one.

Give me 9 and it's swordmasters.

Give me 10 and it's swordmasters.

With 4-1-1 by game, SM's win.

Just because Berserkers have a high speed CAP doesn't automatically make them fast. Swordies tend to have higher base speed and better or equal speed growth. Relatively few berserkers even come close to capping their speed.

Of course, that isn't to say that I think swordies are superior or anything like that.

Just because Berserkers have a high speed CAP doesn't automatically make them fast. Swordies tend to have higher base speed and better or equal speed growth. Relatively few berserkers even come close to capping their speed.

Of course, that isn't to say that I think swordies are superior or anything like that.

Yes, but Berserkers are almost always fast enough to double and dodge. Dodging for them is especially easy due to the ability to go on mountains and in water. They have more mobility because of that as well. The axes seem inaccurate, but I've rarely had problems missing in a FE game, and that's usually only because of EXTREME RNG ownage (I.E. Colm missing an Armor Knight TWICE with a 92% chance to hit.). Berserkers usually have more or equal defense, but also have a megaton bunch of HP. As said before, they also have the strongest weapons in the game, so combine that with their incredible strength gains and the bonus crit they also receive, and you've got a monster.

Give me FE4/5 and Swordmasters win.

More like Swordmaster's are pure god in this game.

Debating Class VS Class isn't that much of a big difference. You mind as well debate Characters VS Characters. It's like saying Paladin's VS Great Lord(Hector). Does that mean Isadora>>>>>Oswin and Hector? Obviously not.

Gameplay wise Berserkers are great and better than Swordmasters...

However Berserkers lack two things Swordmasters have in ready supply:

1. Pretty fan favorite characters. Especially Female fan favorite characters... or for that matter females.

2. Numbers.

Swordmasters have more chances to be Gods because there are more of them. And the fans like them because Swordmasters are almost always sexier.

Swordmasters haven't been good past 5 (except Rutger, who was decent enough.) Not high enough strength, mono swords, lack of 1-2 range. They're praised to hell because they can critical a lot if you give them gamble+wrath+resolve+killing edge+support+bonds.

Berserkers are fast, strong, use axes, have a a critical bonus, and can take a hit through their high HP. Arguably one of the best classes in FE history.

Another problem for Berserkers: Promotion. Geese and Gonzales are both competing with Dieck, Rutger, and Fir for a Hero's Crest, Dart is only getting promoted if you don't care about funds, and Berserker Ross competes with Colm for an Ocean Seal.

Another problem for Berserkers: Promotion. Geese and Gonzales are both competing with Dieck, Rutger, and Fir for a Hero's Crest, Dart is only getting promoted if you don't care about funds, and Berserker Ross competes with Colm for an Ocean Seal.

If you're training Fir, you get her a chapter before Geese/Gonzales on A route, and she's a bit underleveled. Promoting Dieck and then either Geese or Gonzales isn't unlikely if Fir is being used, which is possible.

Pirate Ross shouldn't be 20 unless you abused him by the time you get your first Ocean Seal. Since you have large amount of money, you can spare 10,000 gold for an Ocean Seal in a Secret Shop a few chapters later.

Yeah, Dart won't be played unless you're talking a non-S-rank run.

If you're training Fir, you get her a chapter before Geese/Gonzales on A route, and she's a bit underleveled. Promoting Dieck and then either Geese or Gonzales isn't unlikely if Fir is being used, which is possible.

Pirate Ross shouldn't be 20 unless you abused him by the time you get your first Ocean Seal. Since you have large amount of money, you can spare 10,000 gold for an Ocean Seal in a Secret Shop a few chapters later.

Yeah, Dart won't be played unless you're talking a non-S-rank run.

You left out Rutger, arguably one of the best characters in the game, alongside Dieck, and Fir only a bit lower. They're all competing, with Dieck and Rutger most likely promoting first.

True enough.

It's too bad, because he's a great character otherwise.

You left out Rutger, arguably one of the best characters in the game, alongside Dieck, and Fir only a bit lower. They're all competing, with Dieck and Rutger most likely promoting first.

True enough.

It's too bad, because he's a great character otherwise.

Rutger and Fir are pretty interchangable, and since you are running a bit low on Hero Crests, it's unlikely they'll be played together. If you are using Rutger, yes, it's unlikely the other characters will be used. If you're using Fir, it's likely at least one of the Berserkers will be used.

Yeah, Dart's got amazing STR.

He has WTA for roughly 60% of the time going for him, though, giving him a Hit boost more often than not.

And Largo >>> all other Berserkers and Swordmasters. Nobody's as manly and worldclass as Largo.