We Like Ike (Ike Discussion Thread)

Anacybele

Distant Counter  

61 members have voted

1. 1. Should Ragnell have built-in Distant Counter or should it be a separate skill for Ike?

• Built-in Distant Counter for Ragnell
    • Separate Distant Counter skill
    • No form of Distant Counter at all

So, with all the talk of Ike and wanting him in the game, I figure there's been enough mentioning (as well as lamenting lol) that he still hasn't been added to the game for there to be a thread to bring it all into instead of letting Ike leak into everything else. :P

So here we are!

We can talk about what weapons each variation of him might or should have (since there will surely be PoR Ike, RD Ike, AND CYL Ike eventually), what skills he should have in his base set, etc. And with the Easter event now under way, feel free to talk about what possible event costumes he'll have outside of the CYL one! :)

I'll also periodically do a poll or two here too. First one is about RD Ike's weapon since there's a bit of a split on that since he can use both swords and axes in his game.

I think he should have Ragnell just as his PoR self will, but I wouldn't be opposed to him having Urvan either. Ragnell just obviously makes more sense, and Urvan technically belongs to Greil, so if he ever appears in the game, it'll be his weapon.

As for skills, Aether is the obvious one so I won't talk about that. lol Distant Counter is a must because Ragnell is normally a 1-2 range sword, and I believe Ryoma and (regular) Xander have that skill as well since their swords are also normally 1-2 range. I also think RD Ike at least should get his Strengthtaker skill or something similar from Fates. That one was awesome!

PoR Ike should have a different skill set (but still include Aether and Distant Counter) so he isn't exactly the same as his older self.

Statwise, I'm sure we all agree that RD Ike will be stronger but slower and tankier, and his PoR self faster, but weaker. Both with low res.

Also, CYL Ike, I wonder what his clothes will look like? I hope it's akin to a formal suit because this would be ironically hilarious. lol Ike is not one that cares about clothes or fancy stuff given that he's missing a sleeve in PoR and his cape is always tattered. :P

Edited by Anacybele

8 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

In regards to the poll, considering gacha games eventually run duplicates of characters with different stats and abilities, why not both?

Well, it's more referring to RD Ike's initial debut in his normal clothes.

After seeing Tiki. He's probably going to be sword.

I would want him in Urvan even though he's probably going to be equipping an axe (Not Urvan) ... in one of these special event like today.

I figured if they game were to give both his characters Ragnell. Then Black Knight and Zelgius will get Alondite.

(Or Zelgius somehow is going to equip a Lancereaver for the lol of it and well he needs to hide from the people

Stat: For RD Ike ... See Ephraim. For PoR Ike... less atk/less def more speed

Aether
Defiant Def/Atk
Spur Attack

^ Notably RD.

Edited by Ryuke

I halfway doubt Ragnell will have have in-built Distant Counter, because the Sword of Seals didn't and we'd already have Raijinto+Siegfried by that point. Not saying that it shouldn't have an in-built Distant Counter, just that I have my doubts. Maybe the actual Distant Counter skill will be more likely, just so people can stop whining about needing to roll Hector (Who has never had a focus summon) to get it.

Well I'm expecting PoR Ike to be the first added, with Ragnell. CYL Ike will probably follow and I feel it would be good to give him Urvan to differentiate this version of him, especially as I see RD Ike also having Ragnell if and when he is eventually added.

Not so sure on skills other than the ones you mentioned already. 

Edited by Book Bro

12 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Well, it's more referring to RD Ike's initial debut in his normal clothes.

I never said he'd ever need to not be in his normal clothes.

Tales of Asteria, for example, has multiple non-event versions of each character, each having different abilities, all of which are in their normal outfits.

In terms of an initial debut, they'll probably do something similar to Bartre and pick only one incarnation for a while before implementing one for the other game. I'd wager they'll use his FE9 appearance for the first implementation, which is almost guaranteed to be a red sword equipped with Ragnell.

When they get around to implementing an FE10-based Ike, he'll probably have Urvan for more variety. If they ever get to a second FE10-based Ike (which they probably will if the game lives long enough) that one will probably have Ragnell.

Reiterating again that none of these Ikes are event Ikes. Event Ikes can be whatever they want to be.

Edited by Ice Dragon

6 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

I never said he'd ever need to not be in his normal clothes.

Tales of Asteria, for example, has multiple non-event versions of each character, each having different abilities, all of which are in their normal outfits.

In terms of an initial debut, they'll probably do something similar to Bartre and pick only one incarnation for a while before implementing one for the other game. I'd wager they'll use his FE9 appearance for the first implementation, which is almost guaranteed to be a red sword equipped with Ragnell.

When they get around to implementing an FE10-based Ike, he'll probably have Urvan for more variety. If they ever get to a second FE10-based Ike (which they probably will if the game lives long enough) that one will probably have Ragnell.

Reiterating again that none of these Ikes are event Ikes. Event Ikes can be whatever they want to be.

Huh, I see. That's interesting to know! What you say does sound pretty plausible then, yeah.

I think I'd prefer to see 5* Radiant Dawn Ike wielding Ragnell, since the whole blue flames confrontation with Ashera is the climax of that game. I could see, maybe, his hypothetical 4* incarnation wielding Urvan instead. Would be a way to diversify him a bit while also keeping continuity with his game self. ...Though we have broken continuity with other characters too (Lucius, Raquesis...) so I honestly wouldn't surprised if RD Ike showed up in 5* wielding Urvan.

11 hours ago, Anacybele said:

As for skills, Aether is the obvious one so I won't talk about that. lol Distant Counter is a must because Ragnell is normally a 1-2 range sword, and I believe Ryoma and (regular) Xander have that skill as well since their swords are also normally 1-2 range. I also think RD Ike at least should get his Strengthtaker skill or something similar from Fates. That one was awesome!

PoR Ike should have a different skill set (but still include Aether and Distant Counter) so he isn't exactly the same as his older self.

Nope, I'll be petty as hell about this. Roy didn't get Distant Counter on his weapon, neither did Zephiel. Hell, the Sword of Seals got screwed hard. It can attack at 1-2 range, heal Roy, is effective against Dragons, and boosts both Defense and Resistance by 5. What dod the Heroes version of the Sword of Seals get? Def/Res +2 ONLY on the enemy phase, not even always on which is effectively a skill now. The Falchions get to be effective against dragons and have Renewal 2. Raijinto and Siegfried, I think this is Xander's sword, have Distant Counter. Julia is the most recent screwing of the Sword of Seals with her Naga tome that gives the enemy phase Def/Res +2 AND is effective against Dragons. :angry:

Distant Counter/Close Counter shouldn't even be a thing, imo, with this game's focus on limited range.

Edited by Suichimo

4 hours ago, Suichimo said:

Distant Counter/Close Counter shouldn't even be a thing, imo, with this game's focus on limited range.

It adds a lot of spice but skills among other things affect base stat total so you won't always see ______ counter on everything. You'd have to be a mondo whale with baller money (or no money sense whatsoever) in order to get enough Takumis and hectors to pass on to a butt ton of your units.

I like Ike, more specifically his Vanguard variant is what kicks everything else into the curb. I hope that will be the first to arrive, and I hope he will be able to attack 1-2 range with Ragnell in a way that's not too broken.

24 minutes ago, Raven said:

I like Ike, more specifically his Vanguard variant is what kicks everything else into the curb. I hope that will be the first to arrive, and I hope he will be able to attack 1-2 range with Ragnell in a way that's not too broken.

Ryoma can't attack from a distance. Xander can't attack from a distance.

What makes you think ike can attack from a distance? 

16 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

AEEETHEEEEEERRRR ERRRYAAAAAHHHH

30 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Ryoma has distant counter, I guess Ike will probably receive the same treatment.

So, it seems the general consensus is that RD Ike should have Ragnell like his PoR self. I'll do a new poll now! This time one related to Ragnell itself as well as skills. :)

How Ike should or should not have a form of Distant Counter!

Edited by Anacybele

3 hours ago, Raven said:

Ryoma has distant counter, I guess Ike will probably receive the same treatment.

Maybe one Ike. Giving both Ike ... isnt what you call "fair".... (Tiki didnt get 2x range weapon)

Since Xander didnt get 2x DC.

I dont think it will be attached to Ragnell. (Probably in the form of a skill)
Also Roy SoS is range... but they didnt give him DC.

that being said.
I wont be surprise if no Ike get DC (that way they can make people spend more $$$)

Edited by Ryuke

Crap, I couldn't remove the votes from the previous poll. Ugh...what to do...

Well, I re-voted and pick built-in Distant Counter on Ragnell. Ragnell was always a 1-2 range sword, so I want to see it still have a similar effect! And I feel things will be a little more balanced if a few more characters have access to some form of DC.

Edited by Anacybele

1 hour ago, Anacybele said:

Crap, I couldn't remove the votes from the previous poll. Ugh...what to do...

Well, I re-voted and pick built-in Distant Counter on Ragnell. Ragnell was always a 1-2 range sword, so I want to see it still have a similar effect! And I feel things will be a little more balanced if a few more characters have access to some form of DC.

I feel like (but obviously don't know) that we'll see a distant counter lance before any more DC Swords get added? (2 already in the game)

Just now, Humbug said:

I feel like (but obviously don't know) that we'll see a distant counter lance before any more DC Swords get added? (2 already in the game)

Hm, yeah, good point. Hope one is added before Ike is then. :P

26 minutes ago, Humbug said:

Camus's Gradivus has innate Distant Counter.

5 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Camus's Gradivus has innate Distant Counter.

Had to look him up cause I'm entirely new to FE, he seems cool, do we know that he'll have distant counter or is it just very likely?