We Like Ike (Ike Discussion Thread)

Anacybele

Distant Counter  

61 members have voted

1. 1. Should Ragnell have built-in Distant Counter or should it be a separate skill for Ike?

• Built-in Distant Counter for Ragnell
    • Separate Distant Counter skill
    • No form of Distant Counter at all

8 minutes ago, Humbug said:

Had to look him up cause I'm entirely new to FE, he seems cool, do we know that he'll have distant counter or is it just very likely?

The weapon exists in the game data files and has innate Distant Counter.

33 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

The weapon exists in the game data files and has innate Distant Counter.

Well, the Range 1-2 was pretty much the Glavius selling point, so it makes complete sense :D

Am I the only one thinking we're going to have pool noodle Ike before Ragnell Ike or Urvan Ike?

We're going to be in Spring for the next two weeks.  Then 2 more weeks of gauntlet.  And then another 2 of the Battling Navarre, unless they do the events simultaneously.  That takes us to mid May.  Add in something for FE Echoes and 1 or 2 other minor releases, and you're already well into June.  I'm betting this will be Xander 2.0.  And have the unique B slot passive "Fight for Friendship," granting 10% more exp or 1 more sp per interaction or something gimmicky like that.

That said, when Ragnell comes in, as Ice mentioned, it's gonna have Distant Counter.

Edited by Beo

14 minutes ago, Beo said:

We're going to be in Spring for the next two weeks.  Then 2 more weeks of gauntlet.  And then another 2 of the Battling Navarre, unless they do the events simultaneously.  

Gauntlet banners run for 6 days. Grand Hero Battle banners run for 5 days. It is possible for multiple banners to be run alongside the new Heroes banner (in this case, the Spring Festival banner), which runs for about 2 weeks.

BTW, there's already a schedule of upcoming Grand Hero Battles which can be found if you look through some of the more recent in-game notifications.

Edited by Roflolxp54

8 hours ago, Anacybele said:

Crap, I couldn't remove the votes from the previous poll. Ugh...what to do...

Well, I re-voted and pick built-in Distant Counter on Ragnell. Ragnell was always a 1-2 range sword, so I want to see it still have a similar effect! And I feel things will be a little more balanced if a few more characters have access to some form of DC.

Hey, so did the Sword of Seals/Binding Blade and Eckesachs! Guess what they don't have...

1 minute ago, Suichimo said:

Hey, so did the Sword of Seals/Binding Blade and Eckesachs! Guess what they don't have...

Guess what Raijinto and Siegfried DO have though? That doesn't mean anything. And you don't have to keep pointing it out, I'm AWARE.

Edited by Anacybele

Just now, Anacybele said:

Guess what Raijinto and Siegfried DO have though? That doesn't mean anything. And you don't have to keep pointing it out, I'm AWARE.

And I'm petty. :B):

2 minutes ago, pianime94 said:

Clearly Ragnell gives Defense+4 and Distant Counter because

because Ike is amazing and since we waited _____ months to get him, he better have something extremely ridiculous.

10 hours ago, Arcanite said:

because Ike is amazing and since we waited _____ months to get him, he better have something extremely ridiculous.

I know, because if he's more like his Codename Steam self, I'll be sad. :( Apparently he's about the worst character in that game! Ike needs to be really good (but not too broken...) That said, I do want his voice direction to be akin to Codename Steam, though, rather than Fates. Fates...I don't know what somebody was thinking there, that wasn't Jason Adkins's usual at all and it sounded too quiet and unemotional to really be Ike. He sounded way better in Codename Steam and I can only assume it's the direction because...how can the same actor be SO different between games that don't have that big gap between their releases? You can't blame Adkins going about eight years without having to voice Ike either, because Codename Steam came first (Smash Wii U/3DS just reused Brawl's clips).

I reckon this is also at least partly why some people think Ike needs a new VA all together. Which, I will admit, Adkins isn't the GREATEST. But he does the job well enough to me and I honestly felt his performance in Codename Steam was pretty great. "Was either you or me." "Is this your idea of a joke?!" Hahaha, sweet! "I've failed you...Father..." (well that one could've been a BIT better, but it was still good) Dat emotion and nice mention of Ike's dad. Definitely in-character. Meanwhile, the only good line Fates gave us for Ike was "Shouldn't have been in my way." Which was badass, but still.

Get the direction right this time, pleaaaase!

Edited by Anacybele

I am all down for both PoR and RD Ike, even CYL Ike all getting Ragnell, but I'm not opposed to Urvan being thrown into the mix. I just hope Ike has good skills to back him up. Strengthtaker would be cool and a different addition to skills. I can also see him having Defiant skills as well.

I just hope Ike gets released soon, although I'm 99.98% sure Ike is coming when they do a story update which who knows when that'll happen.. Just release Ike from captivity please IS, we'll be nice to him.