Alternate summoning methods?

Thany

So i have been playing some different gatcha games lately. and i was thinking, these games had 2 different ways of summoning, what if nintendo did something like that as well?

This isnt something i expect them to do right now with the current roster, but i was thinking what if they used the badges you get from the training tower as summon currency?

and the draws you get are mostly 1 star to 2 star, with 3 star being the highest, and ether a 4 star focus or a 3 star focus. essentially, something people can get like some friend points in other games, but you get lower rarity units to train up outside of the usual orb summoning?

What do you guys think? would there be something else to do for alternate summonings in the future? perhaps feathers or such instead? id like to hear your ideas.

12 minutes ago, Slimey said:

I wouldn't be against the idea. Would it use greater badges or normal?

Greater badges I might see being used when starting, but with consecutive pulls. it will lower down into normal badges. or perhaps there would be an option to choose before you got down to it. which may determin what rarity will show up more.

Edited by Thany

25 minutes ago, Thany said:

So i have been playing some different gatcha games lately. and i was thinking, these games had 2 different ways of summoning, what if nintendo did something like that as well?

This isnt something i expect them to do right now with the current roster, but i was thinking what if they used the badges you get from the training tower as summon currency?

and the draws you get are mostly 1 star to 2 star, with 3 star being the highest, and ether a 4 star focus or a 3 star focus. essentially, something people can get like some friend points in other games, but you get lower rarity units to train up outside of the usual orb summoning?

What do you guys think? would there be something else to do for alternate summonings in the future? perhaps feathers or such instead? id like to hear your ideas.

I prefer they add gold or make feathers more obtainable and use those.

Edit: 25,000 feathers for a random 5 star, just an idea that occurred to me

Edited by Arcanite

there were plans for a 4 star focus? perhaps this idea will be something in the future. im intrigued about the payment option.

6 minutes ago, VincentASM said:

Just thought I'd mention that the text dump has had 4 star focus available since Day 1. So I assume they've got something planned--or maybe it's for a backup plan?

Probably some sort of April fool's joke thing

16 minutes ago, Thany said:

there were plans for a 4 star focus? perhaps this idea will be something in the future. im intrigued about the payment option.

To be fair, there were mentions of Voting Gauntlets since Day 1 as well. Oh and skill inheritance ; )

Here's the bit about 4 star focus for reference:

MID_SUMMON_PROBABILITY_NORMAL_3: 3★
MID_SUMMON_PROBABILITY_NORMAL_4: 4★
MID_SUMMON_PROBABILITY_NORMAL_5: 5★
MID_SUMMON_PROBABILITY_PICKUP_4: 4★ Focus
MID_SUMMON_PROBABILITY_PICKUP_5: 5★ Focus

"Pick Up" is the Japanese term for Focus.

Edited by VincentASM