So in a lot of FEs, there were a bunch of S rank weapons or legendary weapons introduced with no Prf wielder, such as the non-Renais Sacred Twins, the weapons of the Eight Generals not named Durandal and Armads, the Rex Hasta, the Baselard, the Double Bow, the Hagakure etc. etc. I think it'd be a bit of a waste to just leave these weapons out of the game completely, and it'd be weird to just hand them out to specific units except for cases like Joshua with the Audhuluma.

What if they made special missions similar to Grand Hero Battles, but instead of giving you a new Hero, completing the mission gives you the Regalia they're releasing, which you can equip on any appropriate unit (perhaps with a star requirement)?

Edited by SatsumaFSoysoy

41 minutes ago, Roflolxp54 said:

They could also be nice to earn in paralogue/xenologue missions.

For Hagakure blade, I could see Sumeragi wield it if he doesn't wield the Ganglari.

Paralogue/xenologue mission rewards could also be a good way for players to acquire Veronica and Mystery Man (maybe its just me but I feel like his actual identity is heavily hinted at)

I'm kind of curious what sort of theoretical interface would be associated with earning a skill without a character.

When those weapons appear I'm thinking maybe it will be like the Wo Dao where it is given to a specific character or two but anyone who can use weapons of that type can inherit it.

3 hours ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

What if they made special missions similar to Grand Hero Battles, but instead of giving you a new Hero, completing the mission gives you the Regalia they're releasing, which you can equip on any appropriate unit (perhaps with a star requirement)?

I really like this idea! It would be definitely useful as it would be obtainable by everyone, unlike "inheritable weapons" such as Karel's Wo Dao, which requires you to have specific units.

I would only want this if there was a way to get multiples.  If we only ever got one, I'd never use it, because I might want to give it to somebody else later.

42 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

I would only want this if there was a way to get multiples.  If we only ever got one, I'd never use it, because I might want to give it to somebody else later.

Maybe it could be something you could take off, idk. I think they mentioned that in the future, they're gonna add items you can equip on units to make them stronger, so it could work like that too.

1 hour ago, Rezzy said:

Reminded me of #5.

I'd probably save it forever too :/

TBQH I can't really see this happening in the game... I wouldn't rule it out completely, but for the time being I see no particular reason why they'd start handing these out to units that are fairly normal and standard as far as FE characters go... I think I heard something about Linus getting the Regal Blade, and I suppose it makes sense to do something like that with important characters / important non-lord characters, but there have been a few of those already and not much precedence for something like this-- Caeda gets a regular ol' Armorslayer, Lilina has Bolganone+, Camilla/Hinoka get Brave weapons and Robin has fairly ordinary weapons as well (aside from the fact that the RGB tomes are currently one-per-person, which is debatably noteworthy)... Compared to instances of personal/unique weapons on non-exceptional characters, we have instances like Reinhardt and Olwen with Dire Thunder (which IIRC is prf for them) and Jaffar with the Deathly Daggers (apparently a prf weapon invented for him, presumably to accommodate his differing role from his game in which there were no daggers) and I think Linde with Aura also fits into this category. 

In the case of Karel with the Wo Dao, it's a matter of the weapon not being legendary and while it's not specific to him, he's noteworthy for coming equipped with it in both his incarnations IIRC (Mia is another unit I can some coming with it by default though). 

tl;dr I think they'll stick to giving legendary or distinctive weapons to units they're specifically associated with and most of them will be character-locked, based on how things have been going so far. 

3 minutes ago, BANRYU said:

TBQH I can't really see this happening in the game... I wouldn't rule it out completely, but for the time being I see no particular reason why they'd start handing these out to units that are fairly normal and standard as far as FE characters go... I think I heard something about Linus getting the Regal Blade, and I suppose it makes sense to do something like that with important characters / important non-lord characters, but there have been a few of those already and not much precedence for something like this-- Caeda gets a regular ol' Armorslayer, Lilina has Bolganone+, Camilla/Hinoka get Brave weapons and Robin has fairly ordinary weapons as well (aside from the fact that the RGB tomes are currently one-per-person, which is debatably noteworthy)... Compared to instances of personal/unique weapons on non-exceptional characters, we have instances like Reinhardt and Olwen with Dire Thunder (which IIRC is prf for them) and Jaffar with the Deathly Daggers (apparently a prf weapon invented for him, presumably to accommodate his differing role from his game in which there were no daggers) and I think Linde with Aura also fits into this category. 

In the case of Karel with the Wo Dao, it's a matter of the weapon not being legendary and while it's not specific to him, he's noteworthy for coming equipped with it in both his incarnations IIRC (Mia is another unit I can some coming with it by default though). 

tl;dr I think they'll stick to giving legendary or distinctive weapons to units they're specifically associated with and most of them will be character-locked, based on how things have been going so far. 

I mean, aside from Caeda not getting her Wing Spear (because this game uses FE3, not 11/12), the other units you mentioned never had unique weapons at all. Karel has the Wo Dao because he came equipped with it, but like in FE7, you can hand it off to another Swordmaster.

My idea was for there to be "GHBs" but they give Regalia instead, though.

3 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

I mean, aside from Caeda not getting her Wing Spear (because this game uses FE3, not 11/12), the other units you mentioned never had unique weapons at all. Karel has the Wo Dao because he came equipped with it, but like in FE7, you can hand it off to another Swordmaster.

My idea was for there to be "GHBs" but they give Regalia instead, though.

Well, Dire Thunder is unique to those sibs but also not a legendary weapon, so there's that. And I thought Deathly Daggers were unique as well?

EDIT: Oh no wait I think I get what you're saying, it's that the characters never had unique stuff, not the weapons themselves or whatever. But I think that's the case with Linde as well as Olwen and Reinhardt....?? I might be confused/misunderstanding still though. 

And I mean I guess that could be a thing? Personally I wouldn't be a huge fan of that since letting everyone have access to 'legendary' weapons or whatever you want to call them feels like it makes those who DO get them less special, but that's just my opinion... I wouldn't knock it if they did that or anything, but I have a hard time seeing something like that happening, personally. 

Edited by BANRYU