Anyone else seeing less Weird +10 teams in Arena this week?

Katrisa

Is anyone else noticing less Weird +10 merged characters/teams in Arena this week?  

Last week every other team I fought was riddled with HIGHLY doubtful combinations of +10 units.  I run Hector, Eirika (with Fury), Corrin (F) and my Bonus character (my BST is 710 this season).  So with stat matching my current lineup requires some fairly substantial merges to see more than one ranged unit and other weird troll combinations.  Last week every other team seemed to have +10 merged units, with some crazy combinations.  The worst of which was Tharja+10, Takumi+10, Nino+10 and an unmerged Ninian.  Another was a +10 Minerva with three other lightly merged fliers (one of the few odd lineups that may have been legitimate... outside of the poor matchmaking).  Quite a few of these teams had character names which just screamed of a 12 year old with some downloaded hacks.

This week I was able to swap Ninian for my 5 star Palla (adding 10 points to my overall stats).  And literally all of these weird teams have disappeared.  I didn't run into any teams in the last two days that were questionable.  Merges were virtually all between 1-5, and equipped skills across each team looked organized but not (I have the power of everything at my disposal).   I'm not sure if I was just lucky, if the +10 stat points pushed me out of a terrible bracket, or if Nintendo tossed out some more bans.

Just curious if others are noticing any differences this week in their Arena team match ups?

Edited by Katrisa

7 minutes ago, Katrisa said:

Is anyone else noticing less Weird +10 merged characters/teams in Arena this week?  

Last week every other team I fought was riddled with HIGHLY doubtful combinations of +10 units.  I run Hector, Eirika (with Fury), Corrin (F) and my Bonus character.  So with stat matching my current lineup requires some fairly substantial merges to see more than one ranged unit and other weird troll combinations.  Last week every other team seemed to have +10 merged units, with some crazy combinations.  The worst of which was Tharja+10, Takumi+10, Nino+10 and an unmerged Ninian.  Another was a +10 Minerva with three other lightly merged fliers (one of the few odd lineups that may have been legitimate... outside of the poor matchmaking).  Quite a few of these teams had character names which just screamed of a 12 year old with some downloaded hacks.

This week I was able to swap Ninian for my 5 star Palla (adding 10 points to my overall stats).  And literally all of these weird teams have disappeared.  I didn't run into any teams in the last two days that were questionable.  Merges were virtually all between 1-5, and equipped skills across each team looked organized but not (I have the power of everything at my disposal).   I'm not sure if I was just lucky, if the +10 stat points pushed me out of a terrible bracket, or if Nintendo tossed out some more bans.

Just curious if others are noticing any differences this week in their Arena team match ups?

Despite having a higher BST than last season(my BST is currently 707), I've been running into fewer +10s and more +2-5s with Fury everywhere. That's about the main noticeable difference on my end. 

Just checked hacker threads.

The big N has been cracking down hard on hacks.

Any morphing (changing a character to another) and summon manipulation trigger a ban. It doesn't have to be immediately.

I'd imagine that's what has been happening to cause you less problems, OP.

10 minutes ago, shadowofchaos said:

The big N has been cracking down hard on hacks.

Any morphing (changing a character to another) and summon manipulation trigger a ban. It doesn't have to be immediately.

I'd imagine that's what has been happening to cause you less problems, OP.

Thanks for the peek into the darkside.  Well that would make sense given what I'm observing.  It definitely made my clear this week MUCH easier.  I'm glad to see the big N putting forward work to keep play fair.  I don't mind getting taken down by an interesting and creative team, honestly it makes me smile.   

Side note I saw something REALLY weird this week.  Someone had a tank team with no skills loaded except fury and one other +3 stats on two of the non-tanks.  It almost looked like someone loaded their alternate account with a defensive placeholder with specific stats, maybe to match the BSM their offensive team... It wouldn't surprise me if that was the case.  The team consequently died in a blink, the fight was a give me.

Edited by Katrisa

My BST isn't normally high enough for multiple +10s (usually just one +10, if any), but the first day of this week, I ran Spring Chrom, putting my BST up to 714, and suddenly, 3x +10 with 1x trash +0 everywhere. Usually two of the +10s are blade tome configs with the other +10 being Eirika. Even after dropping down to to my crappy default Spring Lucina, I'm seeing Blarblade+ Spring Lucina +10s alongside +7 Julias or Ninos. It's stupid awful and my entirely +0 team cries with sad, especially since I don't have a good Nino of my own.

6 hours ago, Kuroi Tsubasa Tenshi said:

My BST isn't normally high enough for multiple +10s (usually just one +10, if any), but the first day of this week, I ran Spring Chrom, putting my BST up to 714, and suddenly, 3x +10 with 1x trash +0 everywhere. Usually two of the +10s are blade tome configs with the other +10 being Eirika. Even after dropping down to to my crappy default Spring Lucina, I'm seeing Blarblade+ Spring Lucina +10s alongside +7 Julias or Ninos. It's stupid awful and my entirely +0 team cries with sad, especially since I don't have a good Nino of my own.

I saw you post this elsewhere.  So some folks are still running into the weird hacked teams.  So quite a few have apparently been banned but quite a few still exist... and no doubt some of them are legitimate.  Though from how Icedragon has noted his defense team (Ice is kind of like my marker for what to expect from a legitimate whale), these teams you're describing (and what I saw last week) seem completely illegitimate.  Hopefully Nintendo continues to squash them out.

Would they really be illegitimate, though? I tend to kinda gauge off of Ice Dragon as well, and, given what he's said about the cost to build focus +10s being relatively low for whales and the fact that Spring Lucina, Spring Camilla, Nino and Eirika have all been focus units, I can't say I'd be so sure. Even getting the Spring units their blade tomes wouldn't be too far fetched, since sacrificial Odins and Ninos can be built from 3-4* versions (and if they're willing to build +10s, 22 000 feathers isn't that high a cost). I also say this personally knowing a whale who has built a Spring Camilla +10 with Gronnblade+ (though, as far as I know, he doesn't have the other two components at +10, choosing instead to run Hone Fliers to boost up the Spring Camilla).

What I feel is dickish is how they purposefully tank their BST with a +0 to get those three +10s against teams that should only be expecting to fight full teams of +5-6s. Granted, those configurations would still be pretty daunting to fight if they were +0 with blade tome+s, but at least their benchmarks to counter wouldn't be so wildly out of whack.

I think I might have an answer to at least some of this stuff now. Hilariously enough, it's not the answer I was pulling for: a Nino without crap boon/bane. Both the new ones I pulled are -Spd (seriously, that's such questionably bad luck for pulling for a 3-4* character in such a small pool as green...). Instead... the game decided to counter-balance it out of left field by dropping Hector on me. So, uh, if I set him up right, I guess he can solve some of this crap. Gotta train and SI him up first, though.

1 hour ago, Kuroi Tsubasa Tenshi said:

Would they really be illegitimate, though? I tend to kinda gauge off of Ice Dragon as well, and, given what he's said about the cost to build focus +10s being relatively low for whales and the fact that Spring Lucina, Spring Camilla, Nino and Eirika have all been focus units, I can't say I'd be so sure.

I'd say the legitimacy is somewhere in-between.  Many of the groups are front lined by names which scream "I'm a hacker".  F1n@L F@nt@sy 7!! and other names filled with special characters or whatever teenager hackers can hammer into their names are almost certainly not the choice of a legitimate whale who has income to kick around for this game.  I've absolutely run into a number of whale accounts where I look and they have all +10s or a core +10 surrounded by fills to drop BST.  I frown but its what the system is right now. 

The problem as you noted is regardless if the account is a whale or hacked, is that +10 triple ranged matchups with an unmerged unit is clearly a horrible match making problem.  I'm glad they've already announced they intend to take a shot at fixing this problem.