Guesses for Echoes banner?

TheWill

Just now, Anacybele said:

This has nothing to do with my hate for her.

This has. You're pulling reasons for her possible exclusion from an inevitable Tellius banner from thin air because you don't want to see her in the game.

And that's fine, on one hand. On the other one, it's not fair to those who don't dislike her.

2 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

This has. You're pulling reasons for her possible exclusion from an inevitable Tellius banner from thin air because you don't want to see her in the game.

And that's fine, on one hand. On the other one, it's not fair to those who don't dislike her.

In a sense, I don't, but like you said, it wouldn't be fair if she wasn't. I still feel I have a reasonable argument for why she would not be in a Tellius banner. The banners have been fairly random, we got SANAKI of all people as our first Tellius character, and so on. At first, I believed it was impossible for Micaiah to not be one of the first Tellius characters. Same with Ike. But not anymore. I wouldn't be surprised if either one of them was omitted from a Tellius banner at this point! And I definitely don't hate Ike.

Edited by Anacybele

Just now, Anacybele said:

In a sense, I don't, but like you said, it wouldn't be fair if she wasn't. I still feel I have a reasonable argument for why she would not be in a Tellius banner. The banners have been fairly random, we got SANAKI of all people as our first Tellius character, and so on. At first, I believed it was impossible for her to not be one of the first Tellius characters. Same with Ike. But not anymore. I wouldn't be surprised if either one of them was omitted from a Tellius banner at this point! And I definitely don't hate Ike.

Seeing Sanaki in a sibling banner without her sibling was surprising indeed. But now we can see it as a foreshadowing for Micaiah in a Tellius banner.
Even though including Sanaki before Ike was a bit trolly to his fans, it won't make any sense for him to be omitted from a specifically Tellian banner.

I'd even be more direct: it's impossible for him to not lead the first Tellius banner. He will still be accompanied by Micaiah because that's logical.

4 minutes ago, SlipperySlippy said:

As for the banners, I do think a banner with just the villagers (Grey, Kilff, Tobin and Faye) with Alm and Celica is possible, but I feel like it's a bit I guess redundant? That is, to only include the villagers. Maybe add Mycen, too. It would be not a bad banner by no means, though. Guess I'd prefer some character diversity. 

If I had to guess though, I'd bet Grey would be a mercenary, Tobin an archer, Faye a healer and Kliff a mage. 

While I'm trying to save orbs for whenever the hell Ike gets releases from IS captivity, I would save orbs just for Sonya.

And having Mycen in would break the redundancy a bit so hopefully he'll get in.

And if I had to guess, they would use the canon classes for the villagers.

7 minutes ago, SHSL Ninja said:

While I'm trying to save orbs for whenever the hell Ike gets releases from IS captivity, I would save orbs just for Sonya.

And having Mycen in would break the redundancy a bit so hopefully he'll get in.

And if I had to guess, they would use the canon classes for the villagers.

Mycen would definitely help with any redundant villager/young person feelings the banner may provide, although at the same time I feel like he'd be the one people wouldn't want to pull compared to the others, funnily enough.

To be honest, I wasn't entirely sure for Kliff, but I think most people prefer Tobin as an archer and Grey as a merc. I think Faye's an odd-ball, she might not be a cleric in this if she gets released at the same time as Silque or Genny (or Tatiana, but I don't think she'll be inserted for a loooong time). It kind of fits her 'protect Alm motiff', but I think I'd personally like her as a cavalier

If they do a popularity poll for the Echoes characters, I would say that it is likely that we would see some of the popular ones first.

I think that it is possible that we would get some of the starting parties' members of Alm and Celica first though it depends what would be the classes of the villagers.

For the Alm banner, I would say : Alm, Faye, Kliff and Silque.

For the Celica banner, I would say: Celica, Mae, Genny and Saber.

I could see Valbar, Berkut, Conrad, the other villagers and Sonya possible as well though since the first Tellius character we got, was Sanaki, it's possible that we would get someone else.

It would be fun if there was a Warp skill in Heroes for Sonya and Delthea.

16 minutes ago, SlipperySlippy said:

Mycen would definitely help with any redundant villager/young person feelings the banner may provide, although at the same time I feel like he'd be the one people wouldn't want to pull compared to the others, funnily enough.

To be honest, I wasn't entirely sure for Kliff, but I think most people prefer Tobin as an archer and Grey as a merc. I think Faye's an odd-ball, she might not be a cleric in this if she gets released at the same time as Silque or Genny (or Tatiana, but I don't think she'll be inserted for a loooong time). It kind of fits her 'protect Alm motiff', but I think I'd personally like her as a cavalier

That's so unfortunately possible. Poor Mycen.. And I think, not entirely sure on this, but I think Faye's canon class is pegasus knight, but I would love to see her as a cavalier.

16 minutes ago, Thunderstar said:

It would be fun if there was a Warp skill in Heroes for Sonya and Delthea.

Technically that would be in the form of Wings of Mercy or Escape Route. An outright Warp skill with no specific conditions to trigger would probably be too OP in a game like Heroes.

4 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Ah, perfect.  I have actually been googling around for a very long time.  I should have just looked at this site xD  Still doesn't have all of them though.

I don't think I'll be getting echoes for quite some time, so I may need to skip this focus.  Still waiting for sacred stones banner.  MIght grab Lukas cause he looks cool.  Leon as well, if he's good enough.

Edited by Lushen

9 hours ago, Arcanite said:

Ike or literally any sacred stones character

Just gimme Innes :(

I think they could make two banners too, one for Team Alm and one for Team Celica. One of them with an Archer, Leon probably. The original character probably will joint too

I wouldn't be surprised at all if we get 20orbs (one full pull) when this banner is released.  For some reason, we got quite a few for the Nintendo Switch which I'll never understand considering its going to be a long while before FE games are released on there.

I fully expect two banners.  One with Alm (among others) and one with Celica (among others).  One of the two banners would be used to promote the Japanese release of the Gaiden remake, and the other would be used to promote the English release of the Gaiden remake.

9 hours ago, Lushen said:

I wouldn't be surprised at all if we get 20orbs (one full pull) when this banner is released.  For some reason, we got quite a few for the Nintendo Switch which I'll never understand considering its going to be a long while before FE games are released on there.

Only half a year or so.

I'm all for one large banner, better odds at getting 5*s, and Celica should really be a mage.

18 hours ago, Anacybele said:

I still disagree. Notable FE7 characters like Sain, Kent, Pent, and Louise were omitted from that FE7 banner in favor of more minor characters like Priscilla and Jaffar. I wouldn't be surprised to see Micaiah be omitted from a Tellius one.

There's a big difference between "notable but still minor character" and "the second most important character in the fucking game". Micaiah being omitted from a banner is not on the same level as Sain, Kent, Pent, or Louise being omitted from a banner.

I can't think of anyone besides Alm and Celica who could be on the banner. Aren't the other villagers/members of Celica's party of relatively equal importance? How are they going to choose who to put on the banner alongside their lords if they're all pretty much interchangeable?

21 hours ago, Anacybele said:

I still disagree. Notable FE7 characters like Sain, Kent, Pent, and Louise were omitted from that FE7 banner in favor of more minor characters like Priscilla and Jaffar. I wouldn't be surprised to see Micaiah be omitted from a Tellius one.

Really?  You'd say Pent and Louise are more notable than Jaffar?

In all honesty, I wouldn't be surprised if Micaiah was omitted not because of any other reason than the fact that they think she might be better on a Radiant Dawn exclusive banner or feel she is important enough to carry a banner by herself because of her popularity. With that said, whenever there's a Radiant Dawn banner, Micaiah will be guaranteed. I also think if the second season of the story rolls around soon, Micaiah will be added to the game tehn. I really like Micaiah, but I'd rather they keep her till they make weaker version of the light spells like Shine and Divine. 

As for the Blazing Blade discussion, here were the main results: 

• 1st. Lyn (49,917 votes)
  • 2nd. Hector (26,557 votes)
  • 3rd. Dorcas (12,083 votes)
  • 4th. Eliwood (8,393 votes)
  • 5th. Nino (7,825 votes)
  • 6th. Florina (4,021 votes)
  • 7th. Jaffar (3,921 votes) 
  • 8th. Matthew (3,565 votes) 
  • 9th. Ninian (2,799 votes)
  • 10th. Canas (2,450 votes)
  • 11th. Rebecca (2,414 votes)
  • 12th. Raven (2,233 votes)
  • 13th. Lucius (2,204 votes)
  • 14th. Serra (2,203 votes)
  • 15th. Sain (2,031 votes)
  • 21st. Priscilla (1,334 votes)
  • 29th. Karel (770 votes)

We can initially see that a lot of the characters in the base release of Fire Emblem: Heroes representing The Blazing Sword were all relatively popular. The only characters not in the top 10 that aren't in the game at all are Canas and Dorcas. Similarly with the new banner, they clearly carefully selected popular characters to represent Blazing Sword, with Jaffar and Ninian in particular being very popular and Rebecca and Luscius holding their own in relative to personal fanbase. Priscilla and Karel were the 'lesser' characters I suppose in terms of popularity, however Karel likely had his votes split and Priscilla still maintained quite a fair amount of votes. Also two of the people above her have been/will be featured as Grand Hero Battle units (Lloyd & Ursula).

This does help our understanding on which characters they choose. They don't seem to be padding out character banners with a mix of popular and unpopular characters, which honestly might be the smarter move when you consider that you'll eventually be left with the only remaining Blazing Sword characters being of more unpopular characters like Geitz, Wallace and Renault. In other words, they're likely using the poll as reference to which popular side characters should be featured in a banner. Relating it back to the Micaiah discussion, she'll definitely be one of the forefront representatives for Radiant Dawn and maybe Tellius as a whole.

2 hours ago, JJ48 said:

Really?  You'd say Pent and Louise are more notable than Jaffar?

Yeah, I would. Jaffar barely has a role in the game since he hardly even talks. Pent and Louise get several scenes of dialogue from what I remember.

10 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Yeah, I would. Jaffar barely has a role in the game since he hardly even talks. Pent and Louise get several scenes of dialogue from what I remember.

By not killing Zephiel and Nino he indirectly allows the plot of FE6 to happen and Lugh and Raigh to exist. Pent and Louise don't really accomplish much plotwise.

Just now, Vaximillian said:

By not killing Zephiel and Nino he indirectly allows the plot of FE6 to happen and Lugh and Raigh to exist. Pent and Louise don't really accomplish much plotwise.

Well, I still remembered Pent and Louise better than I ever remembered Jaffar. In fact, I often forget Jaffar exists because he's so silent.

13 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I guess I always found his "emotionless killer" thing to be quite notable, and even more so when he decides to betray the Fang because of Nino.

Edited by JJ48

1 minute ago, JJ48 said:

I guess I always found his "emotionless killer" thing to be quite notable, and even more so when he decides to betray the Fang because of Nino.

I do actually like Jaffar and Nino's relationship because of how she gets him to have emotion and feelings for other people despite his past. One of the few gem moments of FE7, imo.