Let's talk "Auto Battle"

Junkhead

If you're like Rey and like to fill out the entire Support Log just because, then I guess Auto Battle is useful when you just dump people onto an easy but long map with Javelins? I don't really know what kind of player would use it in a real chapter mission though.

That makes me wonder... What if someone did a challenge run with only Auto Battle? If they get stuck, they might have to get clever with weapon loadouts and class changes to force the AI to do what you want? Hm.

Auto Battle is the GOAT in Heroes for clearing quests with high level characters. Don't even have to play the game. In Awakening and Fates, you can auto battle to support grind. The AI just mindlessly goes after the nearest enemy so it's not exactly LTC-ing or skipping enemy phase but it's a method.

It's quite a vital part of the Fire Emblem Awakening speedrun scene because it lets you skip through the rout maps.

It's pretty neat but pretty useless if you aren't like doing a speedrun or grinding on a dlc map to get gold and all.

I've heard it's good for moving through some parts of maps in the easier games (Awakening except Lunatic and L+, Birthright except on Lunatic, etc)

I used it in FE13 to speed up some early maps. It worked quite well.

However I think the A.I. doesn't work as exactly as swarmed partner units in FE10.
I believe in auto battles the allies go for the nearest enemy (weapon triangle, HP... are irrelevant) while the partner units are smarter.

I only ever used in FEH for the voting contest matches. I totally forgot it was in 13 and 14.

It might be pretty fun to mess around with an auto battle run to see who survives or who happens to support with who.

It's kind of an odd feature for Fire Emblem since the series has never had a strong focus on grinding, which is what autobattle is useful for. I know I definitely use these kind of features in grindy jRPGs.

Generally pretty useful for quickly farming money on the Gold DLC map in Awakening. And also in general if all your units are on the opposite side of the map you need them to be (would really like them to bring back the target command they had in Tellius).

Edited by Jotari