World of Shadows Banner Trailer

StarOnyx

8 minutes ago, Falcom said:

Also here's hoping Faye is slow while having some pretty high Atk stats. Otherwise, that bow is rather useless. Is there a good archer that can make use of her bow?

Firesweep Bow prevents you and your opponent from counterattacking. It has nothing to do with follow-up attacks.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

16 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Firesweep Bow prevents you and your opponent from counterattacking. It has nothing to do with follow-up attacks.

So it basically nullifies distant counter, magic, daggers and other bows on your turn, but at the cost of being completely useless on enemy phase. Good for player phase heavy teams, especially those with dancers, but not a skill I'm likely to use.

Windsweep is a slightly different skill that prevents your unit from doubling (possibly where the confusion comes from) but prevents the enemy from countering if you outspeed them.

Edited by Korath88

3 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

I thought the bow had innate wary-fighter though. I remembered someone saying that. Guess I misread something.
I'm reading that description again to clarify. Geez that skill is rather, 'interesting' to say the least.

Anyone know a good example where you can utilize it to your advantage?

1 minute ago, Falcom said:

I thought the bow had innate wary-fighter though. I remembered someone saying that. Guess I misread something.
I'm reading that description again to clarify. Geez that skill is rather, 'interesting' to say the least.

Preventing the enemy from counterattacking makes vantage a non issue, so I guess if you're having trouble with vantage takumi and Hector, it could be quite useful.

3 minutes ago, Korath88 said:

So it basically nullifies distant counter, magic, daggers and other bows on your turn, but at the cost of being completely useless on enemy phase, same with the windsweep skill. Good for player phase heavy teams, especially those with dancers, but not a skill I'm likely to use.

Windsweep is different. Windsweep negates your opponent's counterattack at the cost of being unable to perform a follow-up attack yourself, but only when attacking physical damage units and only when you out-speed your opponent (Windsweep 3 requires you to out-speed your opponent by only 1 point).

5 minutes ago, Falcom said:

Vaximillian posted it in the other thread and corrected himself later.

As Korath says, it negates Vantage as well as Quick Riposte by virtue of preventing your opponent from counterattacking entirely.

2 hours ago, Falcom said:

I thought the bow had innate wary-fighter though. I remembered someone saying that.

2 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Vaximillian posted it in the other thread and corrected himself later.

Yes, it was me who first screwed up and misunderstood the description. It does sound more like a mutual-Cancel bow, or a pseudo-longbow (but longbows can counter).
No idea whether there's an analogue in newer games.

3 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Windsweep is different. Windsweep negates your opponent's counterattack at the cost of being unable to perform a follow-up attack yourself, but only when attacking physical damage units and only when you out-speed your opponent (Windsweep 3 requires you to out-speed your opponent by only 1 point).

Windsweep with Brave Weapons seems to make a nice combo.

Edited by pianime94

Alm looks powerful. Judging by the fact that he going to naturally have access to Dragon Fang or Draconic Aura, it looks like he is going to have a pretty high attack stat. Though, I really wonder what his Valentian Falchion will be like. I'm hoping it has a different effect than the Archanean Falchion.

1 minute ago, King of Flames said:

Alm looks powerful. Judging by the fact that he going to naturally have access to Dragon Fang or Draconic Aura, it looks like he is going to have a pretty high attack stat. Though, I really wonder what his Valentian Falchion will be like. I'm hoping it has a different effect than the Archanean Falchion.

For the sake of making things not confusing, it's highly likely that all weapons sharing a name will have the same stats. The Archanean Falchion and the Ylissian Falchion are likely two different weapons in terms of game data, but have the same stats.