Micaiah and Sanaki's lineage

On ‎29‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 5:09 PM, Glaceon Mage said:

Considering Lehran was one of the Three Heroes of the Goddess, as was his wife, for that matter

No he wasn't. The three heroes were Dheginsea, Altina and Soan.

Edited by NinjaMonkey

On 4/29/2017 at 6:15 PM, fangpoint333 said:

Lehran is the person closest to the goddesses, can live to at least 3k years, and is the first person to have a branded child. His bloodline is probably a little unique.

Lehran, as the eternal servant of the Goddess, probably has his longevity explained via a special blessing. So as long as Ashera/Ashunera lives, so can he.

I can see the Apostles living to ~100 more commonly than other human beings, but I doubt that much longer. Still, it'd be enough to make them seem more goddess blessed than anyone else.

Taken from Tellius Recollection Vol. 1 (It's the best we have to go on, even if potentially not aligning perfectly with the final games.):

Children who are born between a beorc and laguz, commonly referred to as the branded, are also contained in the chart. According to what is written, even a mix with a powerful dragon will live only 3 times as long as beorc on average. If beorc and laguz become closer and mix from here on out, we can predict that the lifespan of the branded will become closer and closer to that of beorc. Will a day like that come? We can’t be sure." [That last line makes zero sense given the Apostle lineage.]

The average lifespan for a Heron is put at 300. And a half-Black Dragon at 185 (the norm for a BD is 1020). A Beorc's lifespan is put at 60.

All this said, I'd guess the first Apostle Yoram would be able to live to... ~120? With everyone thereafter declining in average life expectancy, if in a less than linear way due to individual genetics and the possibility of disease or injury or murder getting in the way.

15 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Lehran, as the eternal servant of the Goddess, probably has his longevity explained via a special blessing. So as long as Ashera/Ashunera lives, so can he.

I can see the Apostles living to ~100 more commonly than other human beings, but I doubt that much longer. Still, it'd be enough to make them seem more goddess blessed than anyone else.

Taken from Tellius Recollection Vol. 1 (It's the best we have to go on, even if potentially not aligning perfectly with the final games.):

Children who are born between a beorc and laguz, commonly referred to as the branded, are also contained in the chart. According to what is written, even a mix with a powerful dragon will live only 3 times as long as beorc on average. If beorc and laguz become closer and mix from here on out, we can predict that the lifespan of the branded will become closer and closer to that of beorc. Will a day like that come? We can’t be sure." [That last line makes zero sense given the Apostle lineage.]

The average lifespan for a Heron is put at 300. And a half-Black Dragon at 185 (the norm for a BD is 1020). A Beorc's lifespan is put at 60.

All this said, I'd guess the first Apostle Yoram would be able to live to... ~120? With everyone thereafter declining in average life expectancy, if in a less than linear way due to individual genetics and the possibility of disease or injury or murder getting in the way.

It's not just about how long they live though. How fast they age is a relevant factor. The branded are said to need to move around every few y ears to disguise their longevity. It would be pretty suspicious if a highly regarded public figure was widely known to be an eighty year old yet looked like a forty year old, especially if it's something that's repeated in every single generation. The only real explanation would be that the people know the apostle has increased longevity and just chalk it up to her gifts from the goddess without making a connection to the branded (which to be fear their longevity might not be a known trait for them). Quite possible but it would have been nice for the game to drop a mention about it somewhere in Path of Radiance.