Super Robot Wars ∀: Deep Space IC Thread - Part 2: Of Dire Tides

Xinnidy

Enemy Phase / Turn 3

Hyperion #1 moves to (20,23) and decides to teach Tarquin some mano-a-mano... or try.

Hyperion #1 attacks!
Target: Velite (Tarquin)
Weapon: Buster Sword
Final Hit: 0!
Final Crit: 30 
Roll: 16, 83
Aren't you glad you had alert up!

Tarquin counters!
Weapon: Beam Rifle
Final Hit: 100!
Final Crit: 10
Roll: 86, 54
Hit!
No Crit.
Damage: 47

Tarquin gains + 40 EXP, + 4 Will!

Hyperion #2, deciding his friend had a bad time targeting that Velite, hovers over to (20,20) and fires at that other boy!

Hyperion #2 attacks!
Target: Velite (Nikolai)
Weapon: Long Beam Rifle
Final Hit: 46
Final Crit: 5
Roll: 94, 56
Miss!

Nikolai counters!
Weapon: Impact Gunlance
Final Hit: 100
Final Crit: 5
Roll: 34, 69 (nice)
Hit!
No Crit.
Damage: 51

Nikolai gains + 40 EXP, + 4 Will!

Hyperion #3, on the other hand, decided he was good to fly to (17,17) and thought a dodgy plane was a really good target to try to lock onto.

Hyperion #3 attacks!
Target: Accensus (Brant)
Weapon: Long Beam Rifle
Final Hit: 10
Final Crit: 9
Roll: 65, 11
Nope!

Brant counters!
Weapon: Beam Funnels
Final Crit: 6
Roll: 72, 52
Hit!
No Crit.
Damage: 54

Brant gains + 30 EXP, + 3 Will!

Legionary #1 takes it a step forward and t-thinks it can lock on with ANF technology...

Legionary #1 attacks!
Target: Accensus (Brant)
Weapon: Shoulder Beam Cannon
Final Hit: the limit of 0 divided by x where x approaches zero hang on let me get proffessional help here
...hmm
...I see!
...Oh, interesting!

It appears our friend's hit rate is in fact a big fat zero!
Final Crit: 15
Roll: 97, 65
NOPE!

Brant counters!
Weapon: AA Missiles
Final Crit: 4
Roll: 82, 1
Hit!
Crit!
Damage: 42!

Brant gains + 30 EXP, + 3 Will!

Legionaries #2, 3, and 4, have other plans in mind. Moving as a group to (20,14), (19,16), and (21,14) respectively, they bring out their clubs like a mean yakuza group!

Legionary #2 attacks!
Target: Ceres (Astin)
Weapon: Thruster Club
Final Hit: 34 (thanks forest)
Final Crit: 22
Roll: 79, 54
Miss!

Astin counters!
Weapon: Proto-Hybrid Sword
Final Crit: 37
Roll: 74, 80
Hit!
No Crit.
Damage: 106

Astin gains + 30 EXP, + 3 Will!

Legionary #3 attacks!
Target: Heracles Custom (Elaine)
(Counter Roll: 65)
Final Hit: 55
Final Crit: 26
Roll: 8, 24
Thorvald chooses to support defend!
Hit!
Crit!
Damage: 19! Nice crit...

Elaine counters!
Weapon: Plasma Buckler
Final Crit: 24
Roll: 77, 19
Hit!
Crit!
Damage: 107

Elaine gains + 40 EXP, + 3 Will!
Thorvald gains + 2 Will!

Legionary #4 attacks!
Target: Phalanx Custom (Abigail)
Final Hit: 33
Final Crit: 26
Roll: 7, 52
Hit! Wow!
No Crit.
Damage: 52 (thanks forests)

Abigail counters!
Weapon: Anti-Field Pike
Roll: 96, 10
Hit!
Crit!
Damage: 122

Abigail gains + 40 EXP, + 4 Will!

Whew!

Velites 1 through 5 march on to (14,18), (13,19), (13,17), (15,19), and (15,17), in order!

Cressida #7 recovers 41 HP and 10 EN!
Cressida #7 reaffirms its position at (6,6), hesitating!

Miguel lands! And moves to (4,6)!
"Grrr!  My... Mission..." Miguel was biting his words, his pride conflicting with the directives he was given. At a point, his scope was aimed at the Artemis again, the man's anger speaking louder, but it seemed it would take more than that to break him. Machine still in overdrive, Miguel pointer his sword at the Regalia once more.

Miguel attacks!
Target: Regalia (Firmia)
Weapon: Hyper Plasma Saber
Firmia chooses to evade!
Final Hit: 49/2 = 24 (rounded down)
Final Crit: 28
Roll: 67, 55
Nope!
"Damn, why am I failing like this? Not like this..."

Firmia gains +2 Will!

Hyperion #5 hovers over to (4,8) and brings out the big swords against the Mantle!

"Away with you! For a new world!"
Hyperion #5 attacks!
Target: Mantle (Sasha)
Final Hit: 72
Final Crit: 28
Roll: 49, 72
Hit!
No Crit!
Damage: 57

Sasha counters!
Weapon: Hip Beam Cannons
Final Hit: 98
Final Crit: 17
Roll: 76, 56
Hit!
No Crit!
Damage: 68

Sasha gains + 20 EXP, + 1 Will!

Player Phase / Turn 4
a9d3463ee5.png

Victory Objective: Have Brant reach the base and enter the Regalia!
Defeat Conditions: Firmia, Sasha, Brant or the Riese are destroyed!

Battle Mastery: Have Brant reach any base tile by the end of Player Phase Turn 7!

Stats and Pilots!

(Kim's Artemis recovers 37 HP and 23 EN)
(Firmia's Regalia recovers 29 HP and 1 EN)
(Sasha's Mantle recovers 58 HP and 20 EN)

Now it's your time to shine!

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There it was, Kim could feel it. The Deimos was taking heavy damage, the pilot's emotions were swirling into a furious rage... he had landed on the base so it would be slightly more difficult to land a good shot on him, but both the ANF Lieutenant herself, along with Sasha, hadn't found any issue landing blows on the Deimos... hopefully that would remain true.

"One more time, Sasha. Let take out this time." Kim noted to the Russian pilot, as she readied her MARS rifle, leveling the railgun at Miguel's Deimos as she began to move in for what she hoped would be the final assault. Engines roaring to life as the ballistic spikes fired from her rifle, Kim readied the Artemis to move at a moment's notice, as she fired in round after round of the railgun's kinetic bolts at the Deimos.

Kim activates Sense, and attacks Miguel's Deimos with MARS Mode R, with a Support Attack from Sasha's Beam Smart Gun!

Edited by Ether

Sasha activates Strike!

Kim activates Sense!

Kim attacks!

Target: Deimos (Miguel)

Weapon: M.A.R.S. Mode R

Final hit: 100!

Final Crit: 29

Roll: 81, 49

Hit!

No Crit.

Damage: 39

"Ugh... I should've... set my sights on you first..."

Miguel counters!

Weapon: Clay Bazooka

Final Hit: 0!

Final Crit: 36

Roll: 79, 82

The shot flies off the mark!

Sasha comes in with the support attack!

Weapon: Beam Smart Gun

Final Crit: 21 

Roll: 78, 41

Hit!

Damage: 58!

The Deimos' I-field is pierced! It takes critical damage!

Kim gains + 400 EXP, + 9 Will, + 16 PP!

Sasha gains + 175 EXP, + 6 Will, + 16 PP!

Repair Kit acquired!

Propellant Tank acquired!

The last beam was too strong to be held back by the Deimos' I-field, piercing the torso through the generator cell, created an explosion that shook even the inside of the well-protected cockpit.

Things were too loud for Miguel to hear anything, and he knew full well why. Combustion had begun, and that amount of structural damage would make the cockpit to rupture and crash to pieces, all things concerned. The ejection button was unresponsive... he'd pushed the machine too far past its limit. The best way to get out of it now was to hope he was cooked too fast to feel it.

"Hah... Aimed, too low... idiot girl." Miguel sunk on the cockpit's chair, watching the static screen that once displayed the main camera. Hot air was starting to pump into the cockpit. "What a blunder... I wasn't good enough for these people. I hope sis won't get her panties in a twist... I won't be bringing father his medicine this week." As flames begun to invade the room, Miguel closed his eyes on instinct. "Guess I'll die..."

After minutes of silence, the machine itself went from combusting to a chain explosion. Almost as if on cue with Miguel's death, the machine blew up to pieces, contained withing the green sphere that shielded the mech... far more damage than any beam could have made. It self-destructed.

Battle Mastery changed: Move Firmia and Brant to adjacent tiles in 7 turns!

Edited by Balcerzak

There it was. In one final explosion, the Deimos was gone, leveled along with the small section of the base it had been occupying when it had self-destructed. Between the pair of attacks launched at it, one of them had hit something vital to machine's function, leaving it immobile until it erupted into a destructive light show. With their commander gone, the enemy reinforcements standing between them and the Heion Riese seemed far less daunting, since they could now attempt a pincer maneuver. All that was left was to update the Captain.

"Come in, Heion Riese. Apotheosis leader eliminate. Resistance at base near deplete, should able move reinforce shortly. Keep push through." Kim reported, before flipping back to the channel accessing their Russian allies.

"Good shoot, Sasha. Not bad team first time. Almost through this."

Edited by Ether

Tristan, still flabbergasted that the Captain's maneuver actually worked, nearly didn't patch the incoming message from Lieutenant Kim over to her. He clued in at the last moment, shooting the broadcast to her terminal.

"Ah. Lieutenant... Alright. Message r-received. We're going to keep c-cutting a path." Jess kept the ship's engines aligned in case they needed to make evasive movement from the incoming Velite squadron on their starboard side. That machine is way too strong... If only we had more.

This feeling... Was different. It wasn't the fear that she'd felt so immensely before. It was a terrifyingly quiet resignation, mixed with sorrow. It wasn't overwhelming her like before, since Avery had done tuning, but Christina was still holding herself and gently shaking in her seat as Kim and the Russian put the final shots into the enemy mech.The following explosion, encapsulated within the sphere, didn't help her worries, staring at it with eyes wide open. "Ahh..."

It was only a moment, but as the Captain's confirmation came through, and for the slightest of windows, the air was free of bullets and beams, Kim allowed herself to reach back towards the secondary seat with one hand, the other still ready to make a crack evasive maneuver, reaching back and patting Christina gently on the leg, arms too far away to reach in her current position.

"Is going be okay, Chrissy. I'm here... promise. Know is hard." Seung-Min attempted, hoping to give any amount of solace to the fear emanating from Christina. She hoped it would help some, until they had time to set down properly.

"I... I know. It's almost over, r-right...?" She looked the Lieutenant, who seemed no worse for wear, still not at all understanding how this was easy for her. I know she told me she was trained, but this sort of training must've taken a huge toll on her... I can't imagine how she feels, right now. Christina took a deep breath, shivering in her seat, and nodded. "Okay... Okay. I can make it..."

"Yeah, almost over. Clean up here, get back ship and chase off last of them." Kim replied, giving Christina's knee another re-assuring squeeze. 

"Know difficult for you... hope end up better than in room on ship once get used to. At least know what happen before come back to ship."

Sasha aims down sights...

Target: Cressida #7

Weapon: Beam Smart Gun!
Final Crit: 27
Roll: 4,54
Hit
No crit
But it's still good!
Final Damage: 97
"AhhHHHH--!"
Cressida #7 is eradicated!

Sasha gains some EXP and PP that he won't be using wahaha!

"Yeah, let's take him down before he turns on some other surprise function," Sasha replied, charging up the beam smart gun for another shot. There was still plenty of energy for the weapon, so there was no need to conserve anything or hold back. The Deimos' shield stayed firm throughout the proceeding assault, but had clearly been breached. There was no counterattack or anything of the sort, which to Sasha suggested there was either a very big explosion coming, or some other cheap Apotheosis gadget about to come online.

Thankfully, instead of continuing the fight, the Apotheosis lieutenant died in an explosion that was only just contained by the suit's own barrier. There was nothing left they could even entertain the idea of salvaging. Fortunately, after that hot mess of a fight, Sasha was happy to say he preferred the tech he was familiar with, anyway.

Sasha smirked as Kim came over the radio to compliment him and their combined efforts. "Same to you, Lieutenant." That just left ... the Cressida that was harassing Firmia, and the Hyperion that was harassing him. First thing's first, Sasha decided.

"Take your best shot!"

Sasha chuckled at Firmia's timely taunt. "Acknowledged~"

"They took it out, huh?" Brant smirked, glad for the change of pace. It was a little embarrassing, though. They were taking a minor beating trying to force their way through to the base to save their allies, but now the place was all but cleared out. Who was coming to rescue whom, again? Regardless of the particulars, both sides needed to link up as soon as possible. They were about halfway set up for a haphazard looking pincer maneuver, while the enemy was more or less in the middle of executing an uninspired one, themselves. That meant they should probably continue pushing toward the base and have the bulk of the team fight defensively around the Riese until the others were ready to flank them.

Brant supposed he had to at least give the enemy credit for coming with the proper numbers. He had to be very careful moving forward, or he'd have to sacrifice his funnels and then some just to stay alive and airborne. At least once the survivors at the base reached them, Brant could add his firepower to theirs as they wheeled back around on the enemy and crushed them. That was the hope, at least ... otherwise there wasn't much point in pulling ahead this far.

The wait had been tense, but after the Deimos exploded, taking the Apotheosis lieutenant with it, Firmia felt a rush of relief wash over her. It was short lived, however, as the remaining Cressida once again had its sights on her. The pilot seemed intent on fighting Firmia at close range, and that was just fine by the young Alkaev, at this point. It wouldn't take much more to dismantle the Cressida and send its pilot to hell.

"Take your best shot," Firmia called out the enemy, "I'll kill you just like the last one!"

"Acknowledged~" Firmia's face lit up in surprise at the reply, only belatedly recognizing it as Sasha's voice. She had just enough time to step back as the Mantle skewered the Cressida from across the base. The resulting explosion forced Firmia back even further. So much for finishing off the last one, herself. It was just as well; the Regalia had taken enough damage, even if it was almost entirely superficial in nature.

"This side's clear, so ... ... I'm going, now," Firmia sighed, barely audible over the comms. With the largest threat on the field vaporized, there really wasn't any point lingering in the base, any longer. Better to try and reach the ANF's battleship like they had originally planned. If there was more fighting to do in the meantime, so be it.

Firmia casts Alert (10), transforms the Regalia into its flight mode, and moves to 9,9!

And there she went. Sasha watched as the Regalia shot up into the air, transformed, and left the base. There was still a nervous looking Hyperion in the northern sector with them, but Sasha doubted he would give them too much trouble without his leader running coordination. Being outnumbered wasn't doing him any favors, either. It wasn't all sunshine and dead enemies, though. There was nothing like a nicotine craving to distract and irritate an otherwise good pilot. "Really want that break, now ..."

Edited by Phoenix

The Hyperion's advance was perhaps a little unexpected but it did help divide their foes' attention a little. If they could divert the incoming Velites away from the Heion Riese, it would allow an easier spread of enemies. He'd always been trained to pick off targets from a distance, as a resource he was far too valuable to lose on the field. That had to change though, the last few days had showed him that the battlefield wasn't a simulation where there was a set protocol for victory. A little flexibility and adaptation could expand his arsenal quite considerably. It could possibly be a little uncomfortable, but some minor damage wasn't worth blowing up over.

"Captain, I'm taking Nikolai with me west to deal with the incoming squadron." Tarquin announced, beginning to move his unit through the fields. The trees offered an additional layer of cover, which was perfect for letting him take potshots at the enemy. They've either have to divert from the main group, or risk facing Tarquin at long distance. "Nikolai, the forest west of our location should provide enough cover. We should be able to draw in the enemy and return fire accordingly."

Tarquin to 17,22, Senses then Beam Rifles Hyperion #1

Nikolai perked up at the mention of his name. For some strange reason, he wasn't entirely present at the moment.

Perhaps it was a strange combination of having been poked and prodded at and the simple fact that he'd never really expected to be thrust back into this place. He figured he should have an emotional response, any response at all, besides this strange numb detachment. In a sense, the life he'd lead until this point didn't seem like his own at all, as though it belonged to a stranger.

He shrugged off the feeling, nodding before realising that they probably didn't see him.
He had more important things to worry about than his feelings about his lack of feelings.

"Of course, anything is good as long as you don't die right?" He responded, gritting his teeth through the lurch of the mechanical titan as he made his way to join the boy.

Nikolai scoots on over to (18,22) and proceeds to FOCUS and then shoots at the hype 1 with ye old shootgun

Edited by Yuuki Mishima

"I guess there is that... I don't have to worry about you getting shot down. If you go... We both do. Let's hope it never comes to that." Locking herself into this coffin was only bearable because she'd be getting out of it, at the end. As long as Kim kept up her piloting... They were still staring down one of the larger models, but its movements seemed defensive. They really weren't expecting their ace to be taken down so easily, were they?

"A-Acknowledged, Herrington! Please p-proceed with caution!" Switching off the comms, Jess started to feel... A bit light headed? How odd. That was a new sensation. And an unwelcome one in combat. "M-Main engines, proceed towards the oncoming Velite forces. Main guns, a-aim for the larger model!"

The Riese gives a two barrel salute to Hyperion #2!

Weapon: Dual Beams
Final hit: 74
Final Crit: 21
Roll: 3,53
Hit!
No crit
Final Damage: 129

The Hyperion fires back!
Weapon: Sniper Rifle
Final Crit: 14
Roll: 66,52
Hit
No crit
Final Damage: 47

Jess gains +30 exp, +2 will!

The boat moves to 16,18 after firing!

Tarquin aims down sights, perfectly!

Roll: 63,79
Hit
no crit
Final Damage: 47

The Hyperion misses because Tarquin is a sneaky boy!

Tarquin gains +25 exp, +4 will!

Nikolai plays a similar game!

Weapon: Shotgunny

Final Crit: 50
Roll: 91,22
Hit
Crit!
Final Damage: 51

The Hyperion can't hit Niko either because he's a dodgy boy! A 36 won't cut it, chum.

Nikolai gains +25 exp, +4 will!

Edited by SnakeMomMelissa

Radar Duty

It had been a wise choice to send Kim, with the relayed results. With the jamming over --likely a byproduct of the leader's self-destruct protocol--, Roxanna was finally able to connect with the machine again, being able to receive its current status as well as its pilots, no doubt of help for their doctor. "Props to Lieutenant Kim for keeping it cool for so long..." Despite the starting anxiousness, they had dealt with the situation extremely well so far. It always felt like a small miracle with that group, but it was consistent. There were... two other signals the radar was picking up, but they weren't exactly headed towards the skirmish. Bizarre.

Then there was the pipsqueak's stuttering orders again. Roxanna cast a judging glance at her from behind. I don't get how she has so little faith but... still functions. What was up with her accuracy, by the way? That was incredibly good of a track record whenever she took control of the guns. I could probably do it too... could I? Certainly there was a trick to it...

Edited by Xinnidy

"Pushing forward just a bit more... We need to clear out everything so our friends can make it back safely." Astin charged towards the lone bot, slashing in with their sword.

19-11, proto sword phatbot1 after Elaine attacks

Edited by scorri

The major mecha that had been attacking the Russians had been shot down. Things were going a lot smoother than expected, and it was time to clean up the rest of the mess. Elaine felt her adrenaline pumping, as it usually did when a battle lasted this long, but it wasn't as strong of a feeling as before. Not to mention she had only now started focusing on the battle, finally able to get the thought of the communicator incident out of her fucking head, among other things. Even so, she was struggling to contain the enthusiasm she had for scrapping the Apotheosis lackeys terrorizing the place, and it was all she could do to keep a level head and stay with the group, even after the lecture from earlier. She wanted to get pumped up, feel the adrenaline course through her veins as she got into her so-called 'groove', but at this point Elaine knew she didn't have such a thing. Not ever since-

There was a new blip on her radar that startled her. About 4 mecha-paces away (that's what she personally referred to the space between mech suits, embarrassingly enough), there was a Hyperion model still standing, and even further was Nikolai, taking care of another Hyperion, with Tarquin nearby. The robot she spotted, after getting a good look at it, seemed to be preparing some sort of maneuver against one of the two. Her personal feelings towards the two were...complicated. She hated Nikolai immensely, and Tarquin was annoying, but... they were still allies. And she could never forgive herself if an ally died while she could do something. So, reluctantly, she aimed down the scope of her rifle at the Hyperion, taking her time to carefully aim. Her target system locked on to the cockpit of the mech suit, and, with teeth grinding together so hard she felt actual pain, the trigger was pulled.

Elaine casts Valor, and fires Sniper Rifle at Hyperion #2.

Elaine first? Sure!

Snipes away!

Target: Hyperion #2

Weapon: Snipper snapper
Final Hit: 94
Final Crit: N/A
Roll: 93,59
Wow!
Hit
No crit
Elaine activates Valor!
Final Damage: 139

Pow, that was an effective hit!

Elaine gains +250 exp, +6 will, +10 pp!

Astin provides an apt demonstration on metal versus vibrating sharp steel!

Target: Legionary #1

Weapon: Proto Sword
Final Hit: 95!
Final Crit: 37
Roll: 49,77
Hit
No crit
Final Damage: 106

The Legionary counters, and gives Astin a sick bash!
Weapon: Club
Final Hit: 59
Final Crit: 23
Roll: 3,62
Hit
No crit
Final Damage: 31

Astin gains +20 exp, +4 will!

"Not a problem," Thorvald replied to Hannah's gratitude for the cover he'd provided earlier. "I'd do it for anyone given similar positions." Then it had been pressing onward and forward, trying to provide a stable formation around which the group could base their push to reinforce those stranded at the ruined base. His words proved truer than ever, as he needed to step in and take a hit intended for Elaine, whose bot was starting to look the worse for wear.

Fortune was apparently with the team, however, as news quickly arrived that the immediate threat faced by the detached unit was all but neutralized. Thorvald's feelings of relief, however, were shortlived, as Jess, perhaps letting victory get to her head, steered the Heion straight into the middle of the enemy Velite formation, where it was liable to get surrounded at the closest quarters and unable to effectually fire back. Biting his lip, he opened a private channel to Brant. "There's no way I'll be able to keep the pace with you any longer, so just one last request before I let you jet on ahead to rendezvous. Help me try to make a big enough distraction that the Velite squad might not swarm like I think they're going to. After that, безопасный полет."

Thorvald cast Shield and moves (carefully) to 18,16 and fires Wrist Gatlings at Velite #5 (with, Phee willing, Brant support)

'Miss Abigail, keep up the good work!'

The hail had come through over the comms, in a voice that was instantly recognizable, and just as instantly brought a snarl to Abby's lips. Just what did it think it was going to accomplish with that? The (ex)-rebel barely had time to pay it any attention, however, as one of the other Legionaries in the squad she'd been assaulting had stepped forward to take the bait, trying to avenge the comrade that had fallen when the woman who'd stolen her bot had followed up on her lead. Abigail had been fairly sure of her ability to dodge, especially in a little spit like the one she was piloting now, but either her overconfidence or her preoccupations betrayed her, and the little prototype took the thick swing with a sickening crunch. It was still operable, for now, and despite some deformation in the frame, the cockpit was almost wholly unaffected. Aside from biting her tongue a little by accident during the jolt, she was unharmed, though her heartrate had peaked and the adrenaline was now flowing even freer than before. Desperate for an outlet to vent, and the creature and her last words being the perfect target, Abigail shot back over the comms, "I don't need your praise, tin can! What I need is for you to either shut, the fuck, up and put your money where your mouth is by making yourself useful, or for you to get fucking lost and let me think in peace."

Hannah uses Analyze on Legionary 4 (probably with some helpful words of advice to Abby as well >_<)

Abby casts Alert, moves north one, deeper into the forest, and uses All-out Assault on Legionary 4

Edited by Balcerzak

"Hey hey, no morbid talk while battle. Bad luck." Kim chided Christina, as Firmia began to move the Regalia closer to the incoming crew of the Heion Riese. Provided things didn't go horribly awry, this encounter seemed like it would be wrapping up shortly.

"Hold tight, better make sure none others get hurt trying get to us now, right?"

"Bad luck... If you say so. I'll try not to think about that sort of stuff." It was true that things looked like they were winding down as enemies exploded in the distance. Christina gripped her seat, but felt oddly calm, despite the battlefield. Maybe it was because things were coming to an end. That had to be it... And I know I can do this, now. So I have to keep doing this. I owe them all my life, after all.

Dad comes in, chain gun whirring! Shield up!

Target: Velite #5
Weapon: Gatling
Final Hit: 68
Final Crit: 15
Roll: 47,52
Hit
No crit
Final Damage: 33

The Velite fires back!

Final Hit: 90
Final Crit: 0
Roll: 86,86
Hit
No crit
Final Damage: 9

Brant supports with Funnels!
Final Crit: 9
Roll: 1,6
Wow!
Final Damage: 85!

Thorvald gains +25 exp, +4 Will!
Brant gains +7 exp, +2 will!

"Praise is useful for raising morale in a combat environment when an ally succeeds in--" Hannah cut herself off, in quite an unusual fashion, adopting what she felt was a more helpful choice of words. "I'm giving you congrats for the good attack! Appreciate it! Enemy diagnosis complete, please aim for the left side, structural damage detected!" Sending a quick scan off to the targeting computer on Abigail's end, it offered her an alternate path for attacking, were she to choose it. "I hope that this counts as useful!" Hannah almost shouted back, waiting for an opening after the irate pilot to follow through.

Will Abigail need the backup!? She casts alert for good measure!

Target: Legionary #4
Weapon: All Out Assault
Final Crit: 44
Roll: 24,29
Hit
Crit!
Final Damage: 195

Smashing!

Abigail gains +250 EXP, +7 will, +9 PP!

Brant moves to 17,9!

Hannah herself, trying to prove a point perhaps, shows off the power of penetration to her foe!

Hannah attacks!
Target: Legionary #3
Final Crit: 3
Roll: 43, 46
Hit!
No Crit.
Damage: 82

Legionary #3, still hanging, strikes back!
Final Hit: 58
Final Crit: 32
Roll: 58, 89
Hit!
No Crit.
Damage: 50
Ouchies!

Hannah gains + 30 EXP, + 3 Will!

Enemy Phase / Turn 4

Velite #1 tests the grounds, holds position, and shoots at the battleship with his beam rifle!

Velite #1 attacks!
Target: Heion Riese (Jessica)
Final Crit: 1
Roll: 67, 22
Hit!
No Crit!
E-Field activates!
Damage: 0! (42)

Jessica counters!
Weapon: Dual Beam Cannons
Final Hit: 50
Roll: 51, 93... wow.
Miss!
"D-did my ablative fly off?"

Jessica gains... - 1 Will. Nice.

"That's a strong field! Don't go for that one!" The information was quickly relayed to the other Velites, who scrambled!

Velite #2 goes to (17,21), and attacks Tarquin with his beam sword!

Velite #2 attacks!
Weapon: Beam Sword
Final Hit: 65
Final Crit: 17
Roll: 53, 33
Hit!
No Crit.
Damage: 49

Tarquin counters!
Final Crit: 13
Roll: 79, 49
Hit!
No Crit.
Damage: 66

Tarquin gains + 20 EXP, + 2 Will!

Velite #3, on the other hand, decides Hannah's weakened Velite is an opportunity to stab! (18,17)!

Velite #3 attacks!
Target: Velite (Hannah)
Weapon: Beam Sword
Hannah chooses to defend!
Final Hit: 73
Roll: 15, 19
Hit!
Crit!
Damage: 81 (x 0.6) = 49!

Hannah gains + 3 Will! She hits 150!

Velite #4 joins #2 in firing at the boy! (18,20)!

Velite #4 attacks!
Final Hit: 55
Final Crit: 2
Roll: 32, 55
Hit!
No Crit.
Damage: 58

Tarquin counters!
Weapon:R. Sniper Rifle
Roll: 38, 49
Hit!
No Crit.
Damage: 100
Tarquin gains + 20 EXP, + 2 Will!

Velite #5 moves to (17,16) and decides to exact some payback on the bulkier bot with its fancy new weapon!

Velite #5 attacks!
Target: Legionary (Thorvald)
Weapon: Sawed Motor Knife
Final Crit: 45
Roll: 20, 52
Hit!
No Crit.
Damage: 25

Thorvald counters!
Final Hit: 72
Roll: 46, 48
Hit!
No Crit.
Damage: 78
The Velite is somehow still hanging in there...

Thorvald gains + 25 EXP, + 4 Will!

Legionary #1 aligns his shoulder cannons and takes aim at a curious-looking remodeled mech!

Legionary #1 attacks!
(Counter Roll: 56)
Weapon: Shoulder Cannon
Final Hit: 41
Roll: 90, 59
Miss!

Elaine counters!
Weapon: Sniper Rifle
Final Hit: 97
Roll: 76, 72
Hit!
No Crit!
Damage: 84
Bad choice bud! The legionary is put out of commission!

Elaine gains + 200 EXP, + 6 Will, and + 9 PP!

Legionary #2 finds it a travesty that his partner missed and ended that way, and tries to make amends! He charges to (20,15)!

Legionary #2 attacks!
(Counter Roll: 77)
Final Hit: 53
Final Crit: 25
Roll: 28, 76
Hit!
No Crit.
Damage: 35

Elaine counters!
Weapon: Plasma Buckler
Final Hit: 99
Roll: 79, 5
Hit!
Crit!
Damage: 105

Elaine gains + 25 EXP, + 4 Will!

Legionary #3 decides it is about time to bring that tattered Velite down a notch!

Legionary #3 attacks!
Hannah chooses to dodge!
Final Hit: 60/2 = 30!
Final Crit: 32
Roll: 44, 46
Miss! Whew!

Hannah gets to survive... for now...

Hyperion #1 decides to take down that other boy! (19,22)!

Hyperion #1 attacks!
Target: Velite (Nikolai)
Nikolai opts to keep his Velite functioning well!
Final Hit: 48/2 = 24!
Roll: 45, 89
Miss! Nice choice!

Nikolai gains + 2 Will!

Hyperion #3 spies a tattered Velite to smack down! He moves to (19,18), and brings down his big sword!

Hyperion #3 attacks!
Hannah chooses to dodge!
Final Hit: 74
Final Crit: 36
Roll: 16, 44
H-hit!
A few numbers short of a Crit...
Damage: 89!!!
Hannah's Velite breaks!

Hyperion #5 lands and wants a piece of Kim!

Hyperion #5 attacks!
"W-what kind of monster are you?!"
Target: Artemis (Kim)
Final Hit: 16
Roll: 25, 75
Miss!

Kim counters!
Weapon: M.A.R.S. Mode Z
Roll: 42, 17
Hit!
Crit!
Sacarian Barrier activates!
Damage: 82 - 30 = 52!
"Ugh!"

Kim gains + 15 EXP, + 4 Will!

That's about everyone! With their leader gone, the terrorists grow restless!

Player Phase / Turn 5
fda8fe05d7.png

Victory Objective: Rout now I suppose.
Defeat Conditions: Firmia, Sasha, Brant or the Riese are destroyed!

Battle Mastery: I'm sorry dan.

Stats and Pilots!

(Sasha recovers 55 HP and 22 EN)
(Kim recovers 10 EN and 5 SP >.>)

Edited by Xinnidy