New banner revealed: World of Radiance!

Vaximillian

I posted this in the other thread, but it's relevant here, too.

Stats are up on the wiki for everyone except Mist.

Minus means -4, plus means +4 for nature variations.

Ike: 42 / 35 / 31 / 32 / 18-
Soren: 36+ / 33 / 33 / 17- / 29-
Titania: 37+ / 28- / 34 / 25+ / 30-

• Replies 547
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well from what I can tell, here's how Ike compares to Ryoma, who pretty much has an identical sword:

Ike
+1 Hp
+1 Atk
-4 Spd
+5 Def
-3 Res

So he's basically a bulkier Ryoma with slightly worse speed. He'll probably fare against other swordlords better than Ryoma could, while at the same being atomized by blue mages. I think I might actually not roll for him since I already have a +Spd/-Res Ryoma and he's slightly better when it comes to killing stuff.

20 minutes ago, Luchi said:

Still doesn't justify how IS over-glorified him.

It isn't just Ike, though? Look at Titania in 10-3. It's just a new mechanic, not an Ike-glorifying thing.

I just wanna say how Ike's heavy blade skill can be inherited by anyone despite the name.(I saw some people think it'd be swords only) So even my Cordelia with Galeforce could inherit it for some fun memes. If I ever roll a second Ike I'd almost consider it.

The maps are impressively challenging even at Normal. Good thing I brought a Rehabilitate healer to patch them up quickly.

I cleared all the Normal & Hard mode, now clearing for Lunatic.

I only got Olivia 4* (at least it's an upgrade to my 3* Olivia), Beruka 3* (again), and Raigh 4* (Nooo~) on my pulls so far. Luck's not on my side. Gotta keep praying! :(

Spoilers ahead for the story!

A surprise attack was launched towards Askr in a much bigger scale, with Ike, the Radiant Hero, leading the army. Alfonse, Sharena, and Anna all knew this Radiant Hero as the most fearsome of them all. The summoner is then tasked to defend Askr while a huge wave of enemies storm in. Ike himself is given Embla's Ward (S skill that turns the character invincible), making this defense a one-sided attempt to fend them off. After defending for 6 turns, Ike was asked to retreat by Veronica, telling him that the ward is wearing off. The Askr forces then ponders about why they retreat, but then decides to keep observing to learn the pattern of the attack.

Later, the masked man reveals his name. Now we all know he's Prince Bruno. Veronica is his little sister.

On the Last Line of Defense, after managing to fend off the army, the summoner decided to jump into the portal without warning. Anna assures Alfonse and Sharena that this is a good strategy to stop the attack entirely, by pursuing them while they are at their weakest. They all arrive at the World of Radiance and assaults the Greil Mercenaries.

After successfully defeating the Greil Mercenaries in their homeland in less than equal to 6 turns, the portal is about to close. Veronica suddenly appeared and managed to trap the summoner, separated, and almost got killed, until he was saved by Zacharias (who apparently doesn't reveal himself yet), bringing the summoner back to Askr barely alive. Before that though, Zacharias warns the summoner about Alfonse. After returning, the summoner was told that it is the same incident as Zacharias's dissapearance, but they are glad that the summoner is back safely. There are many questions left unanswered afterwards, but we are left clueless as the conversations ends there...

38 minutes ago, Raven said:

Called it.

The funny thing is his speed is fine lol. With his stat spread, the only things really one rounding him also one round Ryoma and Lucina, while Swordbreaker lets Ike beat Lucina and Ryoma 1v1.

Reinhardt, Linde, Effie, Olwen, super optimized Tharja, and Nowi are the units that beat him. For the most part they all beat Ryoma and Lucina just as handily.

He'll be S tier with Lucina, but the extra speed will keep Ryoma S+. He's not really outshined by them, he's about equal.

For anyone still wondering about Ike/Titania being immune. All these new story chapters are played a bit differently from the others (as I recall?). When you tap and the confirmation window pops up, the mission requirements show up as well. Most of the time is just staying alive a set number of turns, with enemy reinforcements, since Ike and Titania have seals that negates all damage. But it's not permanent, so in the latest chapter you can actually attack them, and have to clear the map in a certain number of turns (six). It's fine to have more variety than killing everything that moves.

22 hours ago, Anacybele said:

IT'S ABOUT FUCKIN' TIME, IS! WOOOOOO!!

Though it's missing Elincia. :( Why no Elincia?! She's a main character of the game too! Ike even mentions his contract to her in that map! Maybe they didn't want another Pegasus so soon...

WE STILL NEED NAESALA.

46 minutes ago, escotanner said:

Lunatic is so hard. By the end, I had 17 orbs...it was all wasted.

Yeah, I don't think I'm touching Lunatic for this chapter. At least not for awhile. I need to learn defense strategies first... Yeesh. But nobody said fighting Ike and his gang would be easy!

6 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

I posted this in the other thread, but it's relevant here, too.

Stats are up on the wiki for everyone except Mist.

Minus means -4, plus means +4 for nature variations.

Ike: 42 / 35 / 31 / 32 / 18-
Soren: 36+ / 33 / 33 / 17- / 29-
Titania: 37+ / 28- / 34 / 25+ / 30-

This is more-less what I expected for PoR!Ike Stats, my previous prediction was:

PoR Ike:

HP: 41

STR: 35 (51 with Ragnell)

SPD: 32

DEF: 28

RES: 22

The biggest difference is that his defense is higher or what I expected and his resistence is lower or what I expected... (I though they would use a lowish resistence Ike for the RD!Ike, now RD!Ike it's essencially confirmed to be 13 Res :B): ).

Anyway, Ike looks solid, and it will probably be S Tier with this stats and his skills... 

I hope I can get his counters, because otherwise I'll get sick of him.

Edited by Troykv

6 minutes ago, shadowofchaos said:

I hope we don't whale too much.

Belinda just wants Ike and Soren so that Ike can have his angsty boyfriend with him.

Soren isn't canonically his boyfriend though? Or was this a joke? xP

6 hours ago, Luchi said:

Still doesn't justify how IS over-glorified him.

6 hours ago, Seafarer said:

It isn't just Ike, though? Look at Titania in 10-3. It's just a new mechanic, not an Ike-glorifying thing.

Yeah, shut the fuck up, it's a new mechanic that isn't even only for him (though admittedly it did confuse me at first). I'm getting kind of tired of you pissing on Ike all the time too. It's getting to be as bad as Glac once was. Can you please stop? I'm not asking you to stop hating Ike, I'm asking you to stop bitching about him so much.

Guh, 10-5 Lunatic is so... hard since you have to do this in 6 turn. And you know what ? For the 6th turn, you can't wait the enemy turn, since it's game over when YOU END YOUR TURN ! Seriously ! It's not even 6 turns ! It's 5.5 turns !

31 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Soren isn't canonically his boyfriend though? Or was this a joke? xP

Yeah, shut the fuck up, it's a new mechanic that isn't even only for him (though admittedly it did confuse me at first). I'm getting kind of tired of you pissing on Ike all the time too. It's getting to be as bad as Glac once was. Can you please stop? I'm not asking you to stop hating Ike, I'm asking you to stop bitching about him so much.

You need to chill, Ana.

You're not the Ike authority to police anyone on any interpretation.

Not to mention I see 100% bait in their post. You fell for it.

Edited by shadowofchaos

1 minute ago, shadowofchaos said:

You need to chill, Ana.

You're not the Ike authority to police anyone on any interpretation.

And for the record, she's serious about that statement.

People tell me to stop shitting on characters (and I try my best to listen), so why can't I ask others of the same?

And...wow. Just wow. Different strokes tho...

Edited by Anacybele

4 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

People tell me to stop shitting on characters (and I try my best to listen), so why can't I ask others of the same?

And...wow. Just wow. Different strokes tho...

Read the edit. You fell for the bait.

You don't "ask others to do the same". You demand it.

That's your reputation here with Frederick and Ike.

Edited by shadowofchaos

2 minutes ago, shadowofchaos said:

Read the edit. You fell for the bait.

I don't see how "Can you please stop?" is a demand. It's a question as politely as I can put it. A demand would've been "stop bitching about Ike, right now!"

And what bait? Regardless, it's harder to see things like that through simple text on the internet.

Edited by Anacybele

3 minutes ago, shadowofchaos said:

This................honestly...........

Also can we just please get the Ike ship shitposting and arguing elsewhere I wanted to look for builds and shit? I was hoping it would go away with Ike being in the game but srsly....Ana, you keep policing your favs and it is irritating

ON TOPIC, I wonder if Spur or Threaten is better on Soren....still waiting for Ike. Still not sure how to feel about axing potential PoR-based FEH maps for defense maps but hey, RD is still an option I guess

Edited by kynimdraws