Final Bosses

Arthur97

With the apparent Dragon's Table in something coming up for Heroes, it could (doesn't mean we will or that it's likely) mean that Grima will make an appearance. However, that is just speculation. How do you think final bosses will be handled, or do you think that they will be left out entirely?

I think it could be Veronica be fighting in The Dragon Table as the Boss of that map. (I don't know if she will be the final boss or her brother) I don't know about Grima will might appear as a Boss, but he's kinda too gigantic to be in the battle field for Heroes Battle Layout? If Grima did make an appearance, I think he'll might appear in the conversation or makes a cameo.

Edited by King Marth 64

Just now, King Marth 64 said:

I think it could be Veronica be fighting in The Dragon Table as the Boss of that map. (I don't know if she will be the final boss or her brother) I don't know Grima will might appear as a Boss, but he's kinda too gigantic to be in the battle field?

Well, yeah, I didn't mean Grima would be the boss of that map. They would probably put Grima using the puppet body though and summoning a spectral dragon head like in the Future Past DLC to attack. Also, maybe Grima would be a map.

14 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

With the apparent Dragon's Table in something coming up for Heroes, it could (doesn't mean we will or that it's likely) mean that Grima will make an appearance. However, that is just speculation. How do you think final bosses will be handled, or do you think that they will be left out entirely?

final bosses will probably just be a case by case basis. Iuodin would be super simple, for instance, just make her a manakete. Grima could be like in the game: an alternate to robin. Would probably still get the dragon stone breath weapons, but with a unique Expiration breath. 

For ones like the random fire dragon in FE7, they might just skip or make a new design for him...or just keep him a dragon the entire time! Nothing says the dragons have to have a human form for the game. Just have a chibi giant dragon.

Spoiler

IMG_1195.thumb.PNG.1b6522f15a90efcc697b3ddfeb81f851.PNG

I hope Grima comes in as an actual unit. He showed up in the Choose your Legend event, so I think if Grima does come, that he will look like Robin (similar to in Awakening how Grima used alt-Robin as a host, but have a Dark Dragon attack. 2-range/ distant-counter please!

Edited by Lord_Grima

Medeus: Can be a Manakete, Dark Breath probably.

Doma: (masking SoV reveals):

Spoiler

...I guess he can be manakete too?  I mean, he is technically a divine dragon, and we do see his human form in SoV.

Julius: Red mage obviously, with the Book of Loptyr.

Veld: Red Mage as well.

Idoun: More Dark Breath manaketes yay.

Fire Dragon: It doesn't have a name so implementing it would be awkward.

Fomortiis: No idea what he could be.

Ashnard: Sword wyvern let's go.

Ashera: I guess make her a mage?

Grima: guess make him alt-Robin with a breath weapon.

I could see FE1 Medeus getting a new weapon. He is an earth dragon there, after all and his FE1 form looks totally different from his FE3 form. But judging by TMS he'll probably be shadow yeah. 

e: Double checking, FE1 Medeus is the ONLY earth dragon and the only one with the earthstone. It would be perfect to give him a unique breath attack!

The fates suite of bosses also get off pretty easily. Slime Garon will probably just be a slight variant on Garon, Possessed Takumi can be a Takumi variant with Skadi ( a weapon you can't ever get otherwise, Birthright Garon can be a (you guessed it) manakete-like and Anankos already had a human form to switch between so manakete again. Blight Dragon Garon would absolutely get Dark Breath since thats literally the attack he has. Anankos just has "Dragon Breath" so I could see getting Lightning Breath. Fits his color scheme a little more

Edited by r_n

On 4/29/2017 at 7:05 AM, Glaceon Mage said:

Medeus: Can be a Manakete, Dark Breath probably.

Doma: (masking SoV reveals):

Reveal hidden contents

...I guess he can be manakete too?  I mean, he is technically a divine dragon, and we do see his human form in SoV.

Julius: Red mage obviously, with the Book of Loptyr.

Veld: Red Mage as well.

Idoun: More Dark Breath manaketes yay.

Fomortiis: No idea what he could be.

Ashnard: Sword wyvern let's go.

Ashera: I guess make her a mage?

Grima: guess make him alt-Robin with a breath weapon.

No Julius would have to be blue otherwise he would have WTA over Julia which makes very little sense (it is like making Medeus blue and not weak to Falchions). Odin is a Dark Mage and is also blue so this is something that can happen. I will laugh my head off though if they make him red though, Julius being effective against Julia would be rich.

Edited by Locke087

4 minutes ago, Locke087 said:

No Julius would have to be blue otherwise he would havs WTA over Julia which makes very little sense. Odin is a Dark Mage and is also blue so this is something that can happen. I will laugh my head off though if they make him red though Julius being effective against Julia would be rich.

Odin uses Thunder magic (his basic spells are Thunder/Elthunder), the dark tomes (Flux, Ruin, Fenrir) are all red.

Maybe they can make Book of Loptyr a reaver tome or something.

Edited by Glaceon Mage

33 minutes ago, Glaceon Mage said:

Odin uses Thunder magic (his basic spells are Thunder/Elthunder), the dark tomes (Flux, Ruin, Fenrir) are all red.

True, though Light Tomes are both Green and Blue (though Aura is not strictly a light tome so one could argue only Naga counts) so it not like heroes has any constancy anyways... they really should have make Julia blue to begin with. Doesn't change how stupid it will be to make Julius a Julia counter when in the original game killing Julius is kind of Julia's thing... 

If they make Julius red they might as well make Idoun blue so she can destroy Roy (or Red with swordbreaker so she kill Fae too lol).

Edit: A Reaver Tome would work I would be cool with that.

Edited by Locke087

2 hours ago, Locke087 said:

True, though Light Tomes are both Green and Blue (though Aura is not strictly a light tome so one could argue only Naga counts) so it not like heroes has any constancy anyways... they really should have make Julia blue to begin with. Doesn't change how stupid it will be to make Julius a Julia counter when in the original game killing Julius is kind of Julia's thing... 

If they make Julius red they might as well make Idoun blue so she can destroy Roy (or Red with swordbreaker so she kill Fae too lol).

Edit: A Reaver Tome would work I would be cool with that.

Light tomes in Heroes are really puzzling.  Dark gets a unique set of animations in the Red tome tree for the standard Iron/Steel/Silver stuff alongside the functionally identical but with different animations Fire Magic there, while Light mages are forced to use either Thunder (Linde) or Wind (Julia) magic as their more basic weaponry.

I can't say I really understand it, so yeah reaver Loptyr might be the best bet for letting him use red tomes and being consistent with "lose to Julia."

Grima I'd assume would be implemented similar to its Cipher card. Robin as the base form with a 16-Atk breath weapon.

4 hours ago, Glaceon Mage said:

Light tomes in Heroes are really puzzling.  Dark gets a unique set of animations in the Red tome tree for the standard Iron/Steel/Silver stuff alongside the functionally identical but with different animations Fire Magic there, while Light mages are forced to use either Thunder (Linde) or Wind (Julia) magic as their more basic weaponry.

I can't say I really understand it, so yeah reaver Loptyr might be the best bet for letting him use red tomes and being consistent with "lose to Julia."

Linde using Thunder isn't unusual because Linde isn't a light mage to begin with. Light magic isn't a separate weapon class, and Linde's only special trait is exclusive use of the Aura tome. There aren't even "basic" light magic tomes in her game.

Julia using Wind isn't completely out of the ordinary. Naga was likely chosen to be green magic to match Fae's green color (as the only dragon that transforms into a full-fledged divine dragon), and Wind was naturally what she'd end up receiving as her basic weapons. As a Sage, Julia did have access to wind magic, so there isn't really a problem with it.

The original Loptous wasn't actually weak to Naga in any way, Naga simply disabled its special effect, allowing Naga's 30 Mt and +20 Res to effectively treat Julius as "any other enemy". This could be simulated in Heroes either by giving Loptous the effect "weak to weapons effective against dragons" or another similar interaction with either Naga in particular or dragon-effective weapons in general.

On 4/29/2017 at 9:05 AM, Glaceon Mage said:

Well, that just means they'd have to give it a name.  How about "Jerry"?

Just now, JJ48 said:

Well, that just means they'd have to give it a name.  How about "Jerry"?

Tbh I kind of liked the namelessness of FE7's final boss, it made it stand out in a way.  Most final bosses in the series are a sort of greater scope villain, treated as a god, etc., but in FE7, it's just really powerful and you know it.

It's really hard to describe, but I feel like naming it would take that sort of uniqueness away.