Which units do send home right away for feathers?

Still getting into SI thing, collecting units and information.

Which units do u think are the most useless (besides healers) and u send them home for feathers right away?

Which 3star heroes have u upgraded to 4 star in order to get the full skill tree? I was thinking about hinata but then I think fury 2 might be better than nothing and a couple of thousand feathers will be saved (got 4 of them, and I also got a lot of 3*pallas), shanna might be a different story.

I'm paranoid I will some day need one of their skills so I don't send them home ever. And, honestly, for the pitiful amount of feathers they give, it's not worth it. At least until you fill your barracks with units.

10 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

I have filled my barracks and have asked this question in the past, but never received an answer. Who are, officially, the most useless units for SI?

Hector and Takumi

To be serious though, no idea. Do non-Rehabilitate healers count?

12 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

I have filled my barracks and have asked this question in the past, but never received an answer. Who are, officially, the most useless units for SI?

25 minutes ago, Taim Meich said:

I'm paranoid I will some day need one of their skills so I don't send them home ever. And, honestly, for the pitiful amount of feathers they give, it's not worth it. At least until you fill your barracks with units.

Thats exactly the point. I send away healers but in regard to the other units I am not sure about. Even 3 stars could come in handy one day in some way.

3 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

I don't think there are any completely useless units in this game. I could be wrong, but I think every unit has some sort of unique or useful skill they can pass. It just depends on whether those skills are useful for you or the teams you're looking to build.

Oboro for instance has the pretty useless seal Def at 4* and Threaten Res at 5* but she can give rally Def at 3* so I hang on to a couple of her but i send home the excess ones.

And Donnel has the drag back B slot skill at 3* and Hp+5 at 4* but those skills aren't that great to me so I only hang on to about 2 of him.

Obstruct and pass are two really useless skills, but everyone that has them has other really useful skills.

3 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Hector and Takumi

To be serious though, no idea. Do non-Rehabilitate healers count?

Those useless units? Sent them away ages ago. Who would use them? xD

Yup, pretty much healers and Est are the only ones I'm currently sending away. I've started to try a bit more SI, and I know I have a lot of fodder units people would murder for (the army of Hinatas with the furys I still feel iffy about using laugh at me), but I tend to hoard hoard hoard lol

@Hawk King

That's what I was afraid of. I have tried to whittle down some, so I could probably whittle down ones like Oboro, since I can't imagine particularly using rally def... though I'll keep one or two around just in case...

Thanks for the help ^.^

Edited by Cute Chao

Peri if you already have a good lance user and you don't want to wait for Camus in Horse emblem

Stahl is very meh

Any healer that isn't mounted, or doesn't have recover/rehabilitate

Beruka

Raigh maybe

Laslow maybe

Edited by Arcanite

Incidentally, this is without the ones I'm keeping. I'm keeping at least one of every unit anyway, so it is literally just those that are useless with inheritance.

And Peri's not the most useful? Excellent, I'll send most of my herd of her home. She kept appearing when I was trying for... someone. I can't remember who now lol

I have a fair few Beruka. Happy to rid of excess her.

If they're a character I really dislike, they're pretty much instantly put into Skill Inheritance or Feathers.   That includes Ike if he ever decides to repulse me with his presence.

To give a more serious answer, no one for feathers specifically.  I'm sure I can find a use for any skill somewhere.

Edited by Glaceon Mage

1 hour ago, Arcanite said:

Peri

1 hour ago, Cute Chao said:

Peri's not the most useful?

um, 4* Peri can give threaten Def 3... and Glimmer if you want it.

13 minutes ago, Hawk King said:

um, 4* Peri can give threaten Def 3... and Glimmer if you want it.

Every moron with a tongue knows that glimmer is nigh useless since it only does extra damage equal to current damage. Whereas other skills have a flat rate meaning even if you do 0 damage you're still getting off chip

I don't like threaten skills, but I forgot she even had that XD

For me, Est. I don't get much mileage out of seal skills (because I have enough firepower to ORKO) unless they're on Olivia or something if she accidentally gets hit (even then swordbreaker is better there, or wings), Res is probably the weakest defiant skill, and heavy spear is pretty bad too. I also don't like her.

I actually like having Sophia bc I can slap Fortify Res on a bonus unit and I run a blade team.

Edited by Thor Odinson

3 minutes ago, Thor Odinson said:

For me, Est. I don't get much mileage out of seal skills

At least one person on here knows that seal skills are for squares

Here are the ones I find useless now for any SI, hence sending them home once I have more than 1 of them (You never know when the next quest with specific characters will come).

Est / Beruka / Fir / Stahl / Peri (only because I got a 5* one)

And now those I send home, because I get WAY TOO MANY of them:

Arthur (he is almost useless tbh, as Lancebreaker 3 is a 5* skill and I will NEVER spend 20k feathers on an Arthur lol), most healers. Lazlow, Cherche, Eliwood (yes, I get too many of him), and Henry.

I'm sure I could get rid of others as well, but I don't have the need yet, so I am not gonna until I'm sure of it.

3 hours ago, MonkeyCheez3K said:

Here are the ones I find useless now for any SI, hence sending them home once I have more than 1 of them (You never know when the next quest with specific characters will come).

Est / Beruka / Fir / Stahl / Peri (only because I got a 5* one)

And now those I send home, because I get WAY TOO MANY of them:

Arthur (he is almost useless tbh, as Lancebreaker 3 is a 5* skill and I will NEVER spend 20k feathers on an Arthur lol), most healers. Lazlow, Cherche, Eliwood (yes, I get too many of him), and Henry.

I'm sure I could get rid of others as well, but I don't have the need yet, so I am not gonna until I'm sure of it.

Most of those come up, but Swap is a pretty useful skill. All my Stahls have been ground up into armour fodder recently so I can complete this armour quest. Switching armours around is fun :D 

3 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

Most of those come up, but Swap is a pretty useful skill. All my Stahls have been ground up into armour fodder recently so I can complete this armour quest. Switching armours around is fun :D 

I always thought armored teams use Pivot and Reposition? Though sure, if you want Swap, Arthur and Stahl are nice, but I'll get thousands of them anyways in all the upcoming pulls sessions..

15 minutes ago, MonkeyCheez3K said:

I always thought armored teams use Pivot and Reposition? Though sure, if you want Swap, Arthur and Stahl are nice, but I'll get thousands of them anyways in all the upcoming pulls sessions..

Heck no, not mine. Swap means they can stay in a square of honing/goading/warding goodness. Reposition and Pivot means there's always one outside the square of goodness. 

I don't actually pull that many Arthurs. My main Swap sources are my dwindling Stahls and my lovely Subakis, but since he also gives QR, Stahl is the useful one there. 

1 hour ago, MonkeyCheez3K said:

Pivot is better on armors if they're the only armored unit on the team, since it helps them keep up with the others. 

If you're running a fully armored team, then Swap is definitely better. 

1 hour ago, MonkeyCheez3K said:

Full armor uses Swap to stay together for buffs. A single armor uses Pivot to keep up with the infantry units.

Infantry and cavalry use either Draw Back or Reposition depending on whether they can tank (Reposition, moves squishier ally behind you) or cannot tank (Draw Back, keeps tankier ally in front of you).

Fliers almost always prefer Reposition. Mixed with other movement types, it allows you to throw units over untraversible terrain. In a team of all fliers, it has no terrain limitations besides walls and lets you boost allied units forward to snipe or pull them back for a hit and run.

1 hour ago, Cute Chao said:

Heck no, not mine. Swap means they can stay in a square of honing/goading/warding goodness. Reposition and Pivot means there's always one outside the square of goodness. 

When running purely Goad and Ward, you can also use an Armor Flower in more open locations:

X 
X   X
  X

This lets you Swap to any position on any turn and puts enough space between units to make it easier to force enemy ranged units to attack only one unit.

The Armor Square obviously works better at a choke or in tighter terrain, though.

I don't usually send any characters home right away. I try to keep two or three (sometimes more copies) depending on the skills or IVs. Like I have more Ests than I probably need because I've been playing with different strategies. I keep Sully because swordbreaker is useful. I've kept every Lon'qu because Vantage. I think I'm mostly paranoid that I'll send home a character and regret it later. 

But I really need to clean out my barracks. XD Since it's going to be a while before I pull again, I'm going to work out some strategies for characters, do all the SI I can and see who I need to send home after that. The feathers might not necessarily be worth it, but they add up after a bit.