The Skill System

So how did you like the skill system in this game? Personally I thought it was a great idea to link it to weapons given the higher focus of individual weapons in Gaiden. Giving HP draining command skills also helped to make physical classes more interesting on the level of mages. It reminded my a lot of Final Fantasy IX. However unlike Final Fantasy IX when you unequip the weapon you loose the skill. Alright this wouldn't be too big an issue if the weapon still retained the skill  but nope. If you give that weapon to another unit they have to grind for 50 attacks to learn it too. I feel if it was one of these two things weren't an issue then the skill system would be much improved but the way they did go with them made it a pretty massive grind fest. Like the grinding doesn't take a lot but I still feel like its lacking in that neither freely distribute skills nor combine them in creative ways.

While it's annoying to have to keep relearning skills it does make some sense. I think arts are meant to represent the wielder's personal  skill and familiarity with the weapon. It wouldn't make sense for someone who never used a steel sword to suddenly know all the nuisances of it just because someone else does. 

One thing I would have liked is that weapons you upgrade could retain the arts from their previous form. This would only apply to forged weapons.