Positive Racism

Tino

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Discrimination is merely marking differences. Racism implies inherent superiority or inferiority.

You said you checked racial discrimination on Wikipedia; did you notice it redirected to "Racism"? Discrimination, as a word, does not have to have a negative connotation. Discriminating by race will only lead to stereotypes, not true differences.

I got some:

-Mexicans are good at soccer (which is true in my case)

-Asians are smart

-Most Indians are doctors

-Black people are physically stronger than other races

-White people are richer than most other races (this is actually somewhat true)

-Latinos are usually hard-working people who take on any job

Are you talking about positive racism like that?

White people get good grades, Black people smoke weed, Asians do both, the moral of the story being that Asians are better then all of you

NOTE: Not my joke, it belongs to my Asian friend.

NOTE2: If anyone is offended just PM me and I'll remove this post.

Edited by Toa Lord Sothe

White people get good grades, Black people smoke weed, Asians do both, the moral of the story being that Asians are better then all of you

NOTE: Not my joke, it belongs to my Asian friend.

NOTE2: If anyone is offended just PM me and I'll remove this post.

I've actually never heard about an Asian person doing drugs, but I have heard about white people doing them. Things must be reversed here in Texas.

There are pleanty of Asian people who do drugs :lol:

Plenty of any race do drugs, let alone any form of harmful or immoral things. Can't point a finger at a black man for doing a crime without pointing three fingers back.

You can if you Nazi salute.

But that's not technically pointing. Anyway, the pointing finger statement is another way of saying, "You can't blame one race for a crime, when all the others do it too"

You said you checked racial discrimination on Wikipedia; did you notice it redirected to "Racism"? Discrimination, as a word, does not have to have a negative connotation. Discriminating by race will only lead to stereotypes, not true differences.
That was kinda my point. >__>

It's discrimination by basis of race, right? What am I missing here? :huh:

If I told you I have a black friend, you know next to nothing about him. What could you discriminate about him? You might be able to give me some stereotypes, but many of them would be inaccurate in describing him because they are only assumptions (AKA pre-judging; prejudice).

I'm kind of lost as to how racial discrimination could be used not only positively, but neutrally.

If I told you I have a black friend, you know next to nothing about him. What could you discriminate about him? You might be able to give me some stereotypes, but many of them would be inaccurate in describing him because they are only assumptions (AKA pre-judging; prejudice).

I'm kind of lost as to how racial discrimination could be used not only positively, but neutrally.

Ah, now I get it. The devil's in the details. Thanks for the clarification.