Villains? Or End Bosses?

32 minutes ago, Slumber said:

The whole toxic atmosphere thing just really throws me off, since Nils acts like it's common knowledge, and that Ninian was in grave danger staying with Eliwood. And if Eliwood and Ninian is more or less the "canon" pairing(I don't mean to rustle any feathers, but that's generally what's pushed), she dies in less than 20 years after making the choice to stay.

This, to me, always suggested that dragons were not native to Elibe, and that sometime waaaay before the Scouring, made it to Elibe through the Dragon's Gate. Then after generations OF the Scouring, left Elibe through the Dragon's Gate, and potentially during the time since the Scouring, dragons lost their ability to survive in Elibe's atmosphere.

If it's something else, then fine, but yeah. Plus, the way the dragons work in clans like in Archanea(Including Ice and Fire clans). The Manketes in FE8 aren't clan-based, and the Tellius dragons are sorted by color. It just seems weird to me.

It's a bit of a silly plot point overall as it retroactively destroys the threat from the previous game. Idoun can breed as many dragons as she wants but it's not going to make a massive difference if her and all her clones are going to die within the next ten years.

Personally, I tend to prefer the villains, because they usually end up getting a lot more characterization and therefore are more compelling characters, at least to me. Honestly, I'd love for Fire Emblem to approach antagonists more from the perspective of having the main villain and the final boss be the same character, because I feel it leads to a more intense fight, story-wise. I don't know about anyone else, but I don't find that many of the Fire Emblem games I've played had terribly-compelling final boss battles; it was usually the conflict with the main antagonist that had more weight and punch to it.