Panic Ploy busted?

Johann

Noticed when doing the new maps and my Arena rounds that Panic Ploy was not working.

In this example, it should be active on the enemy Soren, since Cain has Panic Ploy 3 set. Has anyone else seen problems like this with other skills? I guess I have to make a formal bug report.

Edited by Johann

Check the info board in the game. It's a glitch they're gonna fix in the next update though it can be fixed if you open and close the app for now

Took it by "busted" you meant "broken". As in, really fucking good. Should I feel glad I didn't inherited it? I can only really see it as a badass counter against Blade tomes.

4 hours ago, Soul~! said:

Took it by "busted" you meant "broken". As in, really fucking good. Should I feel glad I didn't inherited it? I can only really see it as a badass counter against Blade tomes.

And counter them it does! Since half the teams I run against (including the one in the picture above) are oriented around buffs, it works out very well, especially on vertically oriented maps (like the two bridges). Pretty much useless in GHBs and Tempest though, due to the crazy HP everything gets. I'm not sure I'd call it a game-changer, but it does help in plenty of situations, especially with Reinhardt and Cecilia oriented teams. Disregarding cavalry buffs and the Fortify Res 1 Seal, I'd say Hone Speed is the most common thing I see, an dropping someone's speed by 4 (or I guess 8 really) can make a big difference. You have to anticipate the enemy AI to use it well, though.

Interestingly, enemies will still use Rallies on Panicked units. Since the AI is set to use units with Rallies before units that can attack, this has led to a few surprising match-ups.