FE mechanics you want to see

Torii

Are there any specific mechanics you guys want to see from Fire Emblem in this game, or any mechanics that you think may or may not make an appearance?

I was wondering if they were going to add things like terrain effects in this game. For example, grounded soldiers and cavaliers moving slower on certain terrain, or horses not being able to cross water, or even a few shortcuts over air for flying units. I'm not sure if it will happen or not, especially because of the dynamic of Warriors games, but it could be interesting if they do it right.

Any other thoughts or ideas you want to see or think will be in? For example, dragon vein (at least in story mode possibly), skills, biorhythm, etc.

I don't think we're going to see terrain effects here in the vein of Fire Emblem, but the fliers will likely be able to take routes that no others can (and can thus move more freely).

I think Dragon Vein is going to be in as a focus in terms of some map missions.

Edited by Folt

Peg Knights will likely get special routes they can use, like ninja in SW. If they include Gaius or Kaze, maybe they'll get special routes too.

I'd like to see some sort of weapon durability, like with upgrades or something. Imagine all weapons are infinite use, but you can put temporary upgrades that last for 500 kills, or 1 battle, or something. What about in-battle trading, so you can pass your upgraded weapon to an ally if they're on the other side of the map fighting a tough battle.

Elemental affinities would make sense to make a return. It was already present in Hyrule warriors and worked out well so why not pull it straight from Radiant Dawn?

40 minutes ago, BlizzardWolf95 said:

Peg Knights will likely get special routes they can use, like ninja in SW. If they include Gaius or Kaze, maybe they'll get special routes too.

I'd like to see some sort of weapon durability, like with upgrades or something. Imagine all weapons are infinite use, but you can put temporary upgrades that last for 500 kills, or 1 battle, or something. What about in-battle trading, so you can pass your upgraded weapon to an ally if they're on the other side of the map fighting a tough battle.

Having special routes for Pegasus and Wyverns would be pretty cool. I could definitely see temporary upgrades being a thing, seeing as they had potions and stuff in HW. In-battle trading would be a nice addition as well if they decide to implement it, especially because it's so prevalent in FE. 

35 minutes ago, BakanGin said:

If mages can teleport imagine the trouble.

Haha that would be pretty funny. But I don't really see them doing that, unless they add a witches into the game. Even then, I think it would probably only be like short-range teleportation for attacks or something. 

Id like to see if the enemy bosses will make use of pair up as well. I dont want it to be a single player only thing like it was in awakening.

I'd like to see seige magic or ballistas as battlefield objectives.  They're unlikely to be directly part of any playable character's moveset (since getting hit by something with no warning is unfair for this type of game), but since they were battlefield objectives in Fates (like Conquest 10), I think they have a decent chance to show up on some maps, like the Groosenator did in HW (hopefully with more significance than one story battle though).

Edit:  Terrain effects could be implemented as auras in keeps or around outposts, similar to fairy barriers or magic barriers in HW.  X effect for the controlling side while in the keep or near the outpost.  Probably unlikely though.

Edited by YotsuMaboroshi

2 hours ago, BakanGin said:

What about long range magic or bows, bet that bows shoot till they hit something.

They'd probably work like the Siege Weapons in Dynasty Warriors 7/8 and Orochi 3. Except you'd probably be vulnerable 

14 minutes ago, YotsuMaboroshi said:

I'd like to see seige magic or ballistas as battlefield objectives.  They're unlikely to be directly part of any playable character's moveset (since getting hit by something with no warning is unfair for this type of game), but since they were battlefield objectives in Fates (like Conquest 10), I think they have a decent chance to show up on some maps, like the Groosenator did in HW (hopefully with more significance than one story battle though).

Edit:  Terrain effects could be implemented as auras in keeps or around outposts, similar to fairy barriers or magic barriers in HW.  X effect for the controlling side while in the keep or near the outpost.  Probably unlikely though.

I know it's not in the context you meant, but your comment reminded me of the Manhandla stalks in HW. I hope they don't make ballistas or magic ballistas as the same thing as the Manhandla stalks. They were so annoying.

5 minutes ago, Jedi said:

Also as an aside I did a whole video on something I'd like to see FE like in Warriors, as a mode. 

Dynasty Warriors Advanced was always something my mind would go to when I'd think of FE Warriors years ago. The two would honestly be a perfect fit.

16 hours ago, Jedi said:

Also as an aside I did a whole video on something I'd like to see FE like in Warriors, as a mode. 

Thanks for the video, Jedi! I would definitely like to see them do something like this as well, seeing how it would fit perfectly with Fire Emblem.

Just now, Torii said:

Thanks for the video, Jedi! I would definitely like to see them do something like this as well, seeing how it would fit perfectly with Fire Emblem.

No problem, I should probably do more of these haha.

• 2 weeks later...

I want a mode that uses the grid style of gameplay Fire Emblem is know for in tandem with Dynasty warriors gameplay, with things such as character locations on a map affecting what environments are rendered when switching to the dynasty warriors style. On player phase, battles with enemies will switch to the dynasty warriors style of gameplay, while on enemy phase, your characters just take damage.

Edited by FoxyGrandpa

1 hour ago, pik3rob said:

Weapon Weaknesses in ways like Bows being good against flying units, or how some weapons are good against dragons or mounted units. Doubt it will be in, but it would be a good addition.

I think they already confirmed that these aspects would be integrated into combat already. I believe it was in the first Famitsu article.

2 hours ago, pik3rob said:

Weapon Weaknesses in ways like Bows being good against flying units, or how some weapons are good against dragons or mounted units. Doubt it will be in, but it would be a good addition.

1 hour ago, BlizzardWolf95 said:

I think they already confirmed that these aspects would be integrated into combat already. I believe it was in the first Famitsu article.

The E3 Demonstration of this game actually outright confirmed it since the guy paused at certain moments to give orders and you could see Lianna's weapon have an icon that meant it was effective at something and Chrom's Falchion had an icon that pegs it as being effective against dragons.

2 hours ago, Folt said:

The E3 Demonstration of this game actually outright confirmed it since the guy paused at certain moments to give orders and you could see Lianna's weapon have an icon that meant it was effective at something and Chrom's Falchion had an icon that pegs it as being effective against dragons.

does this soft conferm enemy manaketes as possible normal enemys you encounter? neat.

1 hour ago, Thany said:

does this soft conferm enemy manaketes as possible normal enemys you encounter? neat.

I'm guessing Earth Dragons, since Marth is around.

3 hours ago, Thany said:

Chrom's Falchion was effective against Wyvern Knights as well, yeah? Since SD is included, I wouldn't put it past them to have Manakete as a special generic officer type, but I think the dragon symbol will be used to represent Wyverns as well.

Will it be effective against Corrin too, I wonder.

Edited by BlizzardWolf95

32 minutes ago, BlizzardWolf95 said:

Chrom's Falchion was effective against Wyvern Knights as well, yeah? Since SD is included, I wouldn't put it past them to have Manakete as a special generic officer type, but I think the dragon symbol will be used to represent Wyverns as well.

Will it be effective against Corrin too, I wonder.

Corrin will be in some real danger if she takes extra from all 3 Falchions lmao.