I Need Some Help With My PC

Captain Karnage

so I'm not the smartest person when it comes to computers but toady my pc has been crashing and giving me the error code

WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR,

I've done a bit of research on it and I think it's due to the power flickering on and off rapidly that happen this morning

I have no idea as to what I can do to fix this on my own, if you can explain this to me, explain it to me in the simplest way possible.

We had the same flickering going on here like one hour ago, weird.

You have either hardware failure or a driver error with your operating system.  The simplest way to check would be if you could boot in another operating system.  I would get a copy of RUFUS and Linux Mint and try booting from a flash drive.  You do not need to install linux, just boot into it (from the flashdrive).  You should be able to browse the internet so play around with it for a while and see if your computer crashes.

If it does, most likely you had a power surge that broke a piece of hardware (most likely the MOBO or HDD because the PSU would just shut off your system and not present an error).

If you want some more technical people to help you out, I like the people at Linus Tech Tip's forums.  They will ask you to do some tech savy things and expect you to know exactly how to do it, however :D

Best of luck, computer failure is frustrating.  I've literally repaired some errors by taking the parts out of my PC and putting them back in, but sometimes they just break.

edit: Do you have your computer powered through a power strip surge protector?  If not, you should get one for the future.  And absolutely no plugging in through an extension cable (I might have broken a tablet this way, but it's okay because I told Asus I didn't know what happened and they sent me a new one).

Edited by Lushen

We require more information than that.

Follow this thread: http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-2039223/whea-uncorrectable-error-bsod-message.html

Based on such information I would first try a new PSU and see if it fixes the problem. It's quite likely it will, due to the probable cause of the issue. If it does not, then run Memtest86, you can boot into it from a pendrive.

While you're there, do not listen to the guys telling people to roll back Windows updates, of course. Those are the IT equivalent of anti-vaxxers.

@LushenIt's linked to hardware failure, so booting into Linux will solve nothing and only consume time.

Edited by Skynstein

37 minutes ago, Lushen said:

It could be a windows driver error.

That's exactly my point, I trust Linux drivers even less! :D

I don't know if you can boot into Debian from a stick, but, if system stability is a problem, Debian might be the better choice, as it's obsessively stable at the cost of its obsolescence.

Edited by Skynstein