Sacred Coins

Lushen

2 hours ago, Alkaid said:

That may be so, but the vast majority of the playerbase is not in that top 2-3k-ish player part of the meta, so I think my point still stands. For people below that threshold, it's not currently a consistent threat compared to Vantage users or Reinhardt which are everywhere in the standard meta. I'm not dismissing how effective it can be, but the top of the arena is kind of its own beast.

Also, while it may be tied only to Mathilda and Innes, non-Hector units with DC are a pretty common sight, and he's certainly rarer than now-4* Mathilda, so I don't think accessibility is the only issue. Maybe people in the more standard meta just don't see as much value in it yet either.

Hector was a previous Hero Fest character and is green to boot, and I think most players that are running Distant Counter on non-Hector units got their Hectors during that time. I know I'm not the only one that pulled specifically for a stockpile of Hectors to keep for Distant Counter.

On the other hand, both Mathilda and Innes are recent focus characters with Mathilda released only 6 weeks ago and Innes released less than 2 weeks ago. Furthermore, Mathilda shared her color with another character on her banner.

While Mathilda is now available for summoning as a 4-star unit, a 4-star Mathilda requires 20,000 feathers to teach Cancel Affinity 3 (as Cancel Affinity 2 is not worth using), and most players have higher priorities for their feathers.

Accessibility is very much the biggest issue with running Cancel Affinity.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Someone had mentioned something in the discord that made a lot of sense.  SC's could be used to upgrade sacred seals.  Right now, most sacred seals are xxx 1.  Sacred coins could be used to upgrade seals.  For example, HP +3 could become HP +5, Breath of Life 1 could go to 3, same with the others.

Now, you're thinking "That'd be OP right?"  It'd be like having another B, A, or C slot.  Well, it's also been datamined that....

Spoiler

supports will be a thing which will give us more buffs

So, the game's already going to make a substantial change where units will start getting a lot better.

Additionally, in the datamine...

Spoiler

fSVOyN0.png

So.... yea, the squad ace skills now have diferent backgrounds suggesting higher tiers of them are going to be available.  

Though, note it looks like only the Squad Ace ones have higher tiers.  Quickened Pulse still only has one background.

Edited by Lushen

2 minutes ago, Lushen said:

Additionally, in the datamine...

Reveal hidden contents

fSVOyN0.png

So.... yea, the squad ace skills now have diferent backgrounds suggesting higher tiers of them are going to be available.  

Spoiler

Those icons existing suggest absolutely nothing other than "someone had the time to copy-paste a few more icons onto all of the border colors".

3 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:
  Hide contents

Those icons existing suggest absolutely nothing other than "someone had the time to copy-paste a few more icons onto all of the border colors".

Spoiler

Uh, why would they give the '2' and '3' borders to sacred seals that only have '1' version...

Additionally, if Squad Ace seals were only going to have one version, they would have given it the same border as quickened pulse, the shiny silver background.  The bronze, darker silver, and gold versions imply all three versions will be in the game for some reason.  Game devs don't just randomly add assets tot he game.

Edited by Lushen

The real clue is that Phantom Spd, Steady Bearing, and Squad Ace (but not Quickened Pulse) have numbers and bronze borders in the first place, because that suggests higher levels even to players seeing them ingame without looking at the datamine.

Spoiler
11 minutes ago, Lushen said:

supports will be a thing which will give us more buffs

I wonder how they'll work. I heard someone say RD style, which would be the easiest and make most sense. Though adding innate no conversation support bonuses like MarthxCaeda, IkexMist, AlmxCelica, and ReinhardtxOlwen would also make sense.

What kind of bonuses are we looking at though? In games, such bonuses are normally Hit, Crit, Avoid, and Crit Evade things that don't exist in Heroes. And I can't see them adding Affinities. How large are the bonuses going to be?

Oh yeah, that's a datamine spoiler.

3 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:
  Hide contents

I wonder how they'll work. I heard someone say RD style, which would be the easiest and make most sense. Though adding innate no conversation support bonuses like MarthxCaeda, IkexMist, AlmxCelica, and ReinhardtxOlwen would also make sense.

What kind of bonuses are we looking at though? In games, such bonuses are normally Hit, Crit, Avoid, and Crit Evade things that don't exist in Heroes. And I can't see them adding Affinities. How large are the bonuses going to be?

Oh yeah, that's a datamine spoiler.

The datamine doesn't seem to have any info on the bonuses themselves (they probably won't be added until 1.7 in like a week) but my guess is that they'll behave like Goad/Ward/Drive-type skills, giving a boost to 1-2 stats during battle if the ally is within 2 spaces.

1 minute ago, Lushen said:

Game devs don't just randomly add assets tot he game.

Yes, yes they do. Have you seen how much unused data exists in most games?

Spoiler

In particular, this one can easily be explained as simple future-proofing.

If, for some reason or another, the currently unused icons ever do need to be used and weren't already on the icon sheet, they'd need to be added to the end of the sheet (because the icon x-y coordinates are probably just a simple math conversion from an ID number) or else they'd need to redo the numbering of the icons for every icon after where they are inserted. And I'm sure there is at least one developer who is going to be anal retentive on this issue (because it looks dumb, even if only the developers and dataminers will ever see it).

9 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Yes, yes they do. Have you seen how much unused data exists in most games?

Hide contents

In particular, this one can easily be explained as simple future-proofing.

If, for some reason or another, the currently unused icons ever do need to be used and weren't already on the icon sheet, they'd need to be added to the end of the sheet (because the icon x-y coordinates are probably just a simple math conversion from an ID number) or else they'd need to redo the numbering of the icons for every icon after where they are inserted. And I'm sure there is at least one developer who is going to be anal retentive on this issue (because it looks dumb, even if only the developers and dataminers will ever see it).

Most unused content that exists in games are the result of either dev tools and easter eggs or features that were removed from the game but the assets were left alone.

Spoiler

Future proofing suggests that they could/will be used in the future, such as when SC's use are announced.

While I can understand Breath of Life 1 being called Breath of Life 1 because it is an omage to the C slot skill, I can't understand why they would do the same for squad assaults.  The skills were literally made up specifically to be used with sacred seals.  It's highly unlikely that they will add an HP+5 seal to the game and keep the HP+3 seal into the game b/c that would be such an obvious power creep.  And we can't get more than one seal so it's not like we can combine them to increase their power.  Sacred Coins and Sacred Seals share the same name so I think it's entirely likely that they will be used to upgrade seals, otherwise I don't know how the game would introduce seal upgrades.

I was hoping for something else from sacred coins, but this just seems like the most logical use for them.

edit:  Either way, it has just been mentioned in an interview that we won't know what Sacred Coins do until October.

https://www.polygon.com/2017/8/30/16227082/fire-emblem-heroes-interview-choose-your-legends

Edited by Lushen

11 minutes ago, Lushen said:

Future proofing suggests that they could/will be used in the future

All "future-proofing" suggests is that things will be there in case you ever need them, but doesn't imply any intent to use them. Kind of like how I have my rape whistle from back in college still attached to my keys.

18 minutes ago, Lushen said:

Reveal hidden contents

Future proofing suggests that they could/will be used in the future, such as when SC's use are announced.

While I can understand Breath of Life 1 being called Breath of Life 1 because it is an omage to the C slot skill, I can't understand why they would do the same for squad assaults.  The skills were literally made up specifically to be used with sacred seals.  It's highly unlikely that they will add an HP+5 seal to the game and keep the HP+3 seal into the game b/c that would be such an obvious power creep.  And we can't get more than one seal so it's not like we can combine them to increase their power.  Sacred Coins and Sacred Seals share the same name so I think it's entirely likely that they will be used to upgrade seals, otherwise I don't know how the game would introduce seal upgrades.

I was hoping for something else from sacred coins, but this just seems like the most logical use for them.

edit:  Either way, it has just been mentioned in an interview that we won't know what Sacred Coins do until October.

https://www.polygon.com/2017/8/30/16227082/fire-emblem-heroes-interview-choose-your-legends

Huh, they must want us to collect a lot of them before implementing their use...

I sincerely hope a lot of you are right, and that Ancient Coins will be used for the potential to change IVs for units. I think a fair system would be if you had to sacrifice a hero of the same star rarity and Boon/Bane-set. plus using ancient coins to get that IV for a selected hero. Either that or just having to get a lot of ancient coins. Although that being said I think it's more likely Sacred Coins will be used for buying Sacred Seals, and you're cursed with bad IVs forever.

Edited by Logos