Experiencing a lot of lag now.

Anacybele

Yeah, so up until recently, I've never had any technical issues with Heroes. Not so much as one bit of lag. But now it's gotten laggy to the point of being kind of annoying. It doesn't happen in menus, only in battles, but it's messed me up on a few occasions.

This has been going on since...around when the Nohrian summer banner dropped, so the past few days. And it's not stopped.

Is anyone else getting lag?

Edited by Anacybele

It only really happens on my iPad Mini, but it's not exactly 100% compatible with it (I think it has 512MB RAm VS. the 1GB recommendated). If I do recall, in one of my android phones I've somewhat had that problem (though, barely). Since you mention this is after the latest updates, this suggests it could correlate to either the fact it's taking up an important amount of space. If not, it could just be RAM-related, in which you'd like to ensure that you:

1) Close any other processes while playing it (far as I know, something like keeping a browser opened is okay, but I think the music player takes a small toll).

2) Delete stuff you just aren't using.

It may be overlooked, but this game is significantly more demanding than it seems. It's it's little powerhourse.

I apologise if I failed to make that any brief.

Edited by Soul~!

My phone actually got too hot the other day too (left it sitting in the sun while on my end table, which is in front of a window and I didn't realize the sun was coming through), so that could be it.

55 minutes ago, Soul~! said:

1) Close any other processes while playing it (far as I know, something like keeping a browser opened is okay, but I think the music player takes a small toll).

2) Delete stuff you just aren't using.

I always have pretty much everything but my browser closed and I don't have much on my phone at all since I hardly download anything.

22 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I always have pretty much everything but my browser closed and I don't have much on my phone at all since I hardly download anything.

Sometimes the phone does that for you (aka, by itself). Go into settings and either shut off or straight-off uninstall things like that, that take up space. There are times where you have processes going on the backround without you noticing it. It's definitely the case for iOS devices, though not so much for Android ones (though it still happens).

Overheating may be a cause, though I've never heard of it. Just to be sure, don't keep it in places where it's bound to get hot quickly.

I've been having an increase in lag the past week or two.  I have an Android.  I think it was going on before the new Banner dropped, though.

Before I got my new phone, I would have problems with the game crashing in the middle of battles. It was annoying. So yeah, if nothing else works, it might be time for a new phone.

33 minutes ago, Soul~! said:

Sometimes the phone does that for you (aka, by itself). Go into settings and either shut off or straight-off uninstall things like that, that take up space. There are times where you have processes going on the backround without you noticing it. It's definitely the case for iOS devices, though not so much for Android ones (though it still happens).

Overheating may be a cause, though I've never heard of it. Just to be sure, don't keep it in places where it's bound to get hot quickly.

I have an Android though. So that doesn't happen much as you say.

1 hour ago, Anacybele said:

My phone actually got too hot the other day too (left it sitting in the sun while on my end table, which is in front of a window and I didn't realize the sun was coming through), so that could be it.

Phones and many mobile laptops do something known as Thermal Throttling.  Basically the faster your CPU is going, the more heat is introduced.  When your phone or laptop gets really hot, it will throttle the CPU down so that it can properly exhaust heat.  

Essentially, there is a thermal paste between your CPU and it's cooling device.  Without the thermal paste, if you put flat metal on flat metal, only a few points are actually touching on the microscopic scale even if it feels like they have solid contact.  The paste goes in between to fill in all the gaps which improves heat transfer (heat transfer is proportional to contact surface area). When your computer gets old, the thermal paste starts to come off and compromise the cooling which results in hotter phones which then results in slower CPU speeds from thermal throttling.  

Spoiler

1105_applying-thermal-paste-to-cpu-1.jpg

Basically, I'm asking.  How old is your phone?  Also relevant, is if it is made of plastic or aluminum. Aluminum phones last longer because the aluminum exhausts heat much more efficiently than plastic phones.  Also if you have a really heavy duty case, it could cause some slowdown if the phone is made of aluminum.

If your CPU is thermal throttling because it is hot, FEH will start lagging.

Edited by Lushen

3 minutes ago, Lushen said:

Phones and many mobile laptops do something known as Thermal Throttling.  Basically the faster your CPU is going, the more heat is introduced.  When your phone or laptop gets really got, it will throttle the CPU down so that it can properly exhaust heat.  

Essentially, there is a thermal paste between your CPU and it's cooling device.  Without the thermal paste, if you put flat metal on flat metal, only a few points are actually touching on the microscopic scale even if it feels like they have solid contact.  The paste goes in between to fill in all the gaps which improves heat transfer (heat transfer is proportional to surface area). When your computer gets old, the thermal paste starts to come off and compromise the cooling which results in hotter phones which then results in slower CPU speeds from thermal throttling.  

Hide contents

1105_applying-thermal-paste-to-cpu-1.jpg

Basically, I'm asking.  How old is your phone?  Also relevant, is if it is made of plastic or aluminum. Aluminum phones last longer because the aluminum exhausts heat much more efficiently than plastic phones.  Also if you have a really heavy duty case, it could cause some slowdown if the phone is made of aluminum.

If your CPU is thermal throttling because it is hot, FEH will start lagging.

Um..I think I understand? I'm not sure. xP

And my phone is a little over a year old. I actually got it right after Pokemon GO released because I really wanted the game and I was due for an upgrade anyway.

11 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Um..I think I understand? I'm not sure. xP

And my phone is a little over a year old. I actually got it right after Pokemon GO released because I really wanted the game and I was due for an upgrade anyway.

It shouldn't be a problem if it's only a little over a year old.  They should last at least 2 years.  If you notice the phone heating up consistently, it could be the problem, but it would be rare to have it overheat this early.

As others have said, try freeing up background apps.  Androids do have the same things iPhones do where you need to manually close them.  Additionally, some apps will be doing things in the background even if you have the app closed.  Make sure to remove apps you don't use regularly.

3 minutes ago, Lushen said:

It shouldn't be a problem if it's only a little over a year old.  They should last at least 2 years.  If you notice the phone heating up consistently, it could be the problem, but it would be rare to have it overheat this early.

As others have said, try freeing up background apps.  Androids do have the same things iPhones do where you need to manually close them.  Additionally, some apps will be doing things in the background even if you have the app closed.  Make sure to remove apps you don't use regularly.

Alright, I'll see about removing some stuff.

I use a crappy android tablet, and I experience lag/choppiness when it's trying to update stuff in the background. I run into all kinds of problems with it though, like it'll randomly lock the screen on me when I'm in the middle of using it, but usually resetting it will make those kinds of things go away.

I have lag sometimes, but  I kind of fixed the problem by deleting some things on my phone.  I have a phone with a small amount of space so I have to go in and delete things about once month and that tends to fix most of my problems.