What's BS Fire Emblem like?

General Spoon

They're more like trial maps than actual games. I've never played them (and I don't plan to any time soon), but I've heard they weren't very fun at all.

I'd just treat them as Trial Maps as all.

I actually had fun with the BS FEs, but I had fun with the FE6 Trial Maps so... (I couldn't be bothered with the FE9 ones though, but maybe because they were quite hard)

Edited by VincentASM

I'd just treat them as Trial Maps as all.

I actually had fun with the BS FEs, but I had fun with the FE6 Trial Maps so... (I couldn't be bothered with the FE9 ones though, but maybe because they were quite hard)

I enjoyed the FE9 trial maps. They were hard but was quite fun.

Edited by Luxord

• 1 month later...

They are fun I guess..... but you dont get to choose your characters and you have to play in Japanese because there is no patch I think...

If youve played every fe game and liked fe3, it is basically some more levels.

The gameplay for the amps themselves are similar to Monshou, but since you only play on one map and the goal is essentially to get items, kill troops and keep your allies from dying until the timer goes out, it doesn't seem very fun on an emulator.

The real beef in BS Fire Emblem seems to be the audio drama that is intended to be played in-sync with it - of which I only got samples of. I also get the impression from the site with the transcripts (Or at least Google translating it) that there was also intended to be CG art cutscenes before and after each map which showed events that happened in the audio drama. If any of these could be recovered in their entirety, that'd greatly enhance the games. (As for why they aren't in the ROM to begin with - it's Satellaview-specific issues. It'd take me a lecture and showing you some non-Fire Emblem examples to explain it better, but basically the gameplay ROM's not quite the whole thing.)

^You saying the game and the audio are two packages?

Not quite in that sense, but, well, it's sorta like when a CD ISO is missing it's music - except in this case the music was not on the CD but rather on a Satellite radio station. From which the only way to record it would likely have been difficult at the time. Meaning we were lucky to ever get the Audio samples.

(EDIT:

I decided to try putting up some other things - as I've been trying to get Satellaview information for nearly a year now I've collected a good portion of videos taken from a few sources, which are better examples of what I mean than the BS Fire Emblem Audio samples. They show you games with the audio being played alongside the gameplay.

The quickest reference I can get is a few Youtube links - this has a recording of BS Zelda no Densetsu (Dai-1-wa) from it's premiere "broadcast". A lot of the things that apply to this may also apply to BS Fire Emblem.

Note that that's just a little bit of what I've got. I believe I advertised Satellablog here before, yes? Won't bother spamming a link again, but I've been trying my best to make it a good Satellaview research place in spite of my "style" being anything but professional. The blog has a lot more videos to show how various games played. They came in all sorts of strange combinations and varieties.)

Edited by Kiddo