Voting Gauntlet: Choose Your Legends!  

295 members have voted

1. 1. Whom are you going to support?

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, LoboKD001 said:

camilla has multiplier again. so we safe in burning our remaining flags?

This might be the best time for Team Ike to burn flags, yeah. We don't want Camilla to overshoot.

2 minutes ago, Hawk King said:

And Ike scored in the perfect sweet spot. Camilla will take a slight lead and Ike can cruise control to victory.

Yeah, Team Ike can freely spend all of their flags now.

OH! YAY!

5 minutes ago, Kruggov said:

It seems Ike overdid it after all. I guess right now it's gonna be multiplier tug-o-war?

I don't think Camilla could garner enough votes to give the multiplier back to Ike.  I think that's it for us unless Camilla vastly overperforms.

1 minute ago, Lemmy said:

we might need to slow down later though, still keep checking

There needs to be a lead of 4 Billion at this point to give anyone a multiplier. Ike doesn't have that much firepower left in him.

there should be two outcomes. the likely one is that it goes according to the prediction sheets so all ike needs to do is keep playing and get the lead back. the other outcome is camilla unexpected underperform, possibly giving her a last minute multiplier

Team Camilla's best chance right now is to dump as many flags into this multiplier as possible to increase her lead as much as possible. There's virtually no way for Team Camilla to overshoot, so pushing the score as deep into Camilla territory is their best bet.

After this hour, it's just dependent on how much Team Ike can rally in the remaining hours.

8 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

I don't think Camilla could garner enough votes to give the multiplier back to Ike.  I think that's it for us unless Camilla vastly overperforms.

Yeah, and I expect her to overperform just a tad. She's been doing that lately.

2 minutes ago, LoboKD001 said:

there should be two outcomes. the likely one is that it goes according to the prediction sheets so all ike needs to do is keep playing and get the lead back. the other outcome is camilla unexpected underperform, possibly giving her a last minute multiplier

Camilla would have to underperform by about 3.5 Billion.  Seeing as she just did 6.4 Billion, there is no way her score will be under 5 Billion for this one.

This is in the bag for Ike. The prediction shows a narrow victory for Ike but that is only because it has Camilla's hourly gains extremely inflated at 400 million per hour. Seeing as she has only scored 400 million 1 time so far, I think it is safe to assume she will not be able to maintain that pace.

For Team ike, you can all spend whatever flags you have left. If you are paranoid, save 400 for the final hour.

Y'all should be good though.

3 minutes ago, Hawk King said:

Camilla would have to underperform by about 3.5 Billion.  Seeing as she just did 6.4 Billion, there is no way her score will be under 5 Billion for this one.

This is in the bag for Ike. The prediction shows a narrow victory for Ike but that is only because it has Camilla's hourly gains extremely inflated at 400 million per hour. Seeing as she has only scored 400 million 1 time so far, I think it is safe to assume she will not be able to maintain that pace.

For Team ike, you can all spend whatever flags you have left. If you are paranoid, save 400 for the final hour.

Y'all should be good though.

i can sleep in peace 8D

26 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

This gauntlet is pitting the fanbase mann gegen mann. Ramstein's great!

Yeah the song's title fits:P  The double entendres in Mann gegen Mann lyrics is a rather different story though XD.
They are great - from Ich will and onward, they make up a good chunk of my youth.

The multiplier is fine by me, and is going to stay.  It allows units that don't have a chance to remain competitive.  Did you see the results of the first gauntlet, pre-multiplier?  It was a massacre.  It might need some tweaking, so that people (nerds) don't sit on their feathers until the late multipliers, but it's fine.

I've seen a lot of Brave Units on my teams.  There are usually at least two on the battlefield.

3 minutes ago, Charmeleonbrah said:

The multiplier is fine by me, and is going to stay.  It allows units that don't have a chance to remain competitive.  Did you see the results of the first gauntlet, pre-multiplier?  It was a massacre.  It might need some tweaking, so that people (nerds) don't sit on their feathers until the late multipliers, but it's fine.

I've seen a lot of Brave Units on my teams.  There are usually at least two on the battlefield.

Yeah, I agree. I'm fine with the multiplier, it just needs a bit more tweaking to find that nice middle ground between fewer massacres as you mentioned and fewer screwages by multiplier.

1 minute ago, DarkLordIvy said:

I've got 2600 flags remaining at this point. I'm going to start spending 20 per hour in an effort to conserve enough to dump 400  every hour at like the five hour remaining mark. 

You're aware that would give you less points then dumping them 200 a time right?

You could also save 5x400=2000 flags, and dump 600 now (in 3 sets of 200).

4 minutes ago, DarkLordIvy said:

I've got 2600 flags remaining at this point. I'm going to start spending 20 per hour in an effort to conserve enough to dump 400  every hour at like the five hour remaining mark. 

Did you sit on your feathers from previous rounds?  I don't believe you can get 2600 flags from the quests...

Multiplier shenanigans are great because it actually makes gauntlets unpredictable, which is always a good thing. But I do agree that something needs to be done to change it a little.

Camilla's doing fine, though I'm out of flags. I think I can get around 400 more to blow just before I go to bed.

3 minutes ago, Bartozio said:

You're aware that would give you less points then dumping them 200 a time right?

You could also save 5x400=2000 flags, and dump 600 now (in 3 sets of 200).

Is that the better way to go? Math is not my strong suit especially before noon. I'll probably do a variant of what you suggested then. 

3 minutes ago, Charmeleonbrah said:

Did you sit on your feathers from previous rounds?  I don't believe you can get 2600 flags from the quests...

I only used 420 flags before this last round. 

18 minutes ago, Tactician_Iris said:

Yeah the song's title fits:P  The double entendres in Mann gegen Mann lyrics is a rather different story though XD.
They are great - from Ich will and onward, they make up a good chunk of my youth.

Indeed, I'm so glad I stumbled onto Ich Will back in the day and found their stuff~

15 minutes ago, DarkLordIvy said:

Wow, did you miss most of the previous round multipliers or just not want to spend them? Seems like not much to gain out of saving so many for the last round unless it's a Gaius situation.

Edited by Alkaid

Oh, I also think this should no longer be called a voting gauntlet. It was never even really one before the multiplier came because you never actually voted. You battled against the other team in a tourney style competition. That's part of what made the curbstomps uninteresting. You know you're fighting a losing battle the whole time if you're on the losing side.

Edited by Anacybele

4 minutes ago, Charmeleonbrah said:

You get 1510 per round. 4530 total.

1 minute ago, DarkLordIvy said:

Is that the better way to go? Math is not my strong suit especially before noon. I'll probably do a variant of what you suggested then. 

The most efficient way to spend the 4530 flags is to do 22 rounds of 200 + one of 100 + one of  20 + one of 10. All other battles can then obviously be the 1 flag for free.