Voting Gauntlet: Choose Your Legends!

Vaximillian

Voting Gauntlet: Choose Your Legends!  

295 members have voted

1. 1. Whom are you going to support?

I messed up on the multiplier. Knew I'd have a full 400 after completing the arena quests, but I forgot to actually collect the arena flags before doing my battles so I ended up only able to spend 300.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, DarkLordIvy said:

Is that the better way to go? Math is not my strong suit especially before noon. I'll probably do a variant of what you suggested then.

Basicly, if you have 200 flags to burn over 2 battles, you have two options:

1) use them all in one battle, and fight the other one without a multiplier. This gives you 200+1=201 times your battle score

2) use 100 flags on both battles. This gives you 100+100=200 times your battle score.

201 is more then 200, so the first case is better. You basicly want to spend your flags in as few battles as possible for an optimal score (the difference isn't huge, but still).

3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Oh, I also think this should no longer be called a voting gauntlet. It was never even really one before the multiplier came because you never actually voted. You battled against the other team in a tourney style competition. That's part of what made the curbstomps uninteresting. You know you're fighting a losing battle the whole time if you're on the losing side.

It's the Spiky Blue Shell Gauntlet.

6 minutes ago, Hawk King said:

The most efficient way to spend the 4530 flags is to do 22 rounds of 200 + one of 100 + one of  20 + one of 10. All other battles can then obviously be the 1 flag for free.

2 minutes ago, Bartozio said:

Basicly, if you have 200 flags to burn over 2 battles, you have two options:

1) use them all in one battle, and fight the other one without a multiplier. This gives you 200+1=201 times your battle score

2) use 100 flags on both battles. This gives you 100+100=200 times your battle score.

201 is more then 200, so the first case is better. You basicly want to spend your flags in as few battles as possible for an optimal score (the difference isn't huge, but still).

I think my best bet then is to do the 200 + 1 probably with some variation as I doubt I'll be able to religiously play every 30 minutes today. Thank you guys for the help!

A part of me is just glad I'll be able to spend all of my flags this time around. Last gauntlet I was out of the country with shoddy internet so I finished that gauntlet with something like 1400 flags leftover. 

@Alkaid Ike had only had seven multipliers total(unless I counted wrong), and I missed all but one of them before this round. 

1 minute ago, Lemmy said:

spiky blue shell is interesting, i've been using the term rubberbanding which also comes from racing games, including the older mario karts

Failing your way to victory

1 minute ago, Lemmy said:

spiky blue shell is interesting, i've been using the term rubberbanding which also comes from racing games, including the older mario karts

Funny thing about the blue shell is that it was originally meant to debut in the Mario Kart series earlier than it did, it's just that technical limitations kept it out until later.

39 minutes ago, Hawk King said:

This is in the bag for Ike. The prediction shows a narrow victory for Ike but that is only because it has Camilla's hourly gains extremely inflated at 400 million per hour. Seeing as she has only scored 400 million 1 time so far, I think it is safe to assume she will not be able to maintain that pace.

It also shows Ike scoring 500 million per hour for the remainder of the round, which he has also only done twice in the past 20 hours.

It's not in the bag for either team until we see this past hour's results.

It looks like Camilla underperformed by about a billion points.  How she scored less than the last multiplier, I have no idea, unless Camilla's running out of Flags.

Just now, Rezzy said:

It looks like Camilla underperformed by about a billion points.  How she scored less than the last multiplier, I have no idea, unless Camilla's running out of Flags.

That's probably it. I doubt she had many flags remaining at all at this point, now that I think about it.

Alright, this seems in the bag. We're not to far behind, so we should easily be able to catch up.

The only thing that could go wrong is us spending to much flags and giving Camilla another multiplier, but luckely team Ike barely has any flags left....

....Right?

25 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

Indeed, I'm so glad I stumbled onto Ich Will back in the day and found their stuff~

Heh - a second positive to listening to Rammstein for me is that it's kept some of my German from rusting completely. 
Low-key laments the fact I couldn't choose German as my fourth language in middle-school - I got Spanish instead (my second language was English, and my third French).

Eh...I'm veering OT now.....

Ah, I'll share the tale of my last matchup - I faced Alphonse, Takumi, and a Klein on the 5-4 map (Whitewing map) in my last matchup. 
In my corner: Camilla, @Frenzify's Beruka, and...a random Palla.
It was a close call, but I won thanks to Camilla's Fortify Fliers and Frenzify's Beruka having Iote's Shield and Renewal - she face tanked Fólkvangr...4 times I think?
The turn count got absurd though.

Just now, Bartozio said:

Alright, this seems in the bag. We're not to far behind, so we should easily be able to catch up.

The only thing that could go wrong is us spending to much flags and giving Camilla another multiplier, but luckely team Ike barely has any flags left....

....Right?

I'll only have 310 flags left at the end of this hour.

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Scores updated!

IKE'S GOT THIS!

FIRST MALE CHAMPION BABY!!

Congrats!

Just now, Rezzy said:

I'm telling you, it's that hour of the morning where she just overperforms for some strange reason.

I'm so glad i'm going to be on the losing side. While I do like Camilla, I did not want to see her win again.

1 minute ago, Bartozio said:

....Right?

No way Ike has that much firepower right now. He should get ahead in maybe five hours, which is half the time left. He'd have to get ahead by like 5 billion to give Camilla another multiplier and that ain't happening.

Just now, Bartozio said:

....Right?

Team Ike should have plenty of flags, since he's never had many multipliers. But he'd need to overperform on regular rounds by like 3 billion points to give Camilla another multiplier. I don't think that's any real possibility.

1 minute ago, Bartozio said:

....Right?

...I have 1500 left (and can get an additional 100 from quests)...but, I'll be cautious while spending as to not shoot Camilla into a late-hour multiplier.

I've got 1200 Flags left right now.  I might go take a nap and spend the rest when I get back.  I had to stay home with a 101 fever today.  Leo got me sick.

It's Ike's win now. There's literally no way Team Ike can lose this now unless about 80% of Team Ike suddenly drops dead or loses internet.

Well, back to ignoring the rest of this Voting Gauntlet since there's nothing else to see here.