Vaximillian

Voting Gauntlet: Choose Your Legends!  

295 members have voted

1. 1. Whom are you going to support?

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it is this new increasing multiplier that is a problem, there was nothing bad with the regular constant 3x multiplier, plus it made matches more fun and made getting a good rank easier if you knew what you were doing, instead of rank just being about who could most obsessively check their phone. But yeah, I hope they go back to the old multiplier after this.

29 minutes ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

I've got myself 620 left atm, and I've only used flags during the multipliers. I'm honestly REALLY interested in the outcomes of these matches. I'm almost kind of hoping we end up with a Hector v. Camilla match because it would probably cause a big enough upset for the developers to take a serious look at the multiplier. 

Yeah, I'm not a fan of this multiplier system.  In both of the current match-ups, there's one character who is clearly considerably more popular.  The normal, hourly votes are not close at all, and even if we consider that some people may be saving up to go all-in during the multiplier, that's not really enough to make up the difference without the multiplier.

Basically, this multiplier system turns the entire Gauntlet into a giant crapshoot, where there's a steady, semi-predictable cycle, and all that matters is where in that cycle the voting round ends.  Hm...maybe roulette would be a better comparison?

In fact, why not make the whole thing a giant lottery?  Just pick your team, wait around a little over a day, and then each character gets assigned a completely random number, with the high number winning.  It'd accomplish pretty much the same thing, other than being a bit more unpredictable.

28 minutes ago, LuxSpes said:

Considering how divisive of a character Camilla is and that she would win only through multiplier shenanigans, since Lyn's team had more members, I'd expect a majority of the people on Lyn's team to jump to Ike.

I only have 405 flags left. I'll use them on the first multiplier we get since I don't want to risk missing it.

If Lyn and Hector both lose, all my interest in the current Gauntlet will be sapped.  I'll probably throw a few flags at Ike just to earn feathers, but I wouldn't go out of my way to earn extra points like I would with characters I care about.

3 minutes ago, JJ48 said:

Yeah, I'm not a fan of this multiplier system.  In both of the current match-ups, there's one character who is clearly considerably more popular.  The normal, hourly votes are not close at all, and even if we consider that some people may be saving up to go all-in during the multiplier, that's not really enough to make up the difference without the multiplier.

Basically, this multiplier system turns the entire Gauntlet into a giant crapshoot, where there's a steady, semi-predictable cycle, and all that matters is where in that cycle the voting round ends.  Hm...maybe roulette would be a better comparison?

In fact, why not make the whole thing a giant lottery?  Just pick your team, wait around a little over a day, and then each character gets assigned a completely random number, with the high number winning.  It'd accomplish pretty much the same thing, other than being a bit more unpredictable.

I don't hate the system, but I don't like it either. Honestly, I think the Voting Gauntlet would be just as exciting if they used characters who were more equal in terms of popularity. It doesn't take a genius to see that pitting Tharja against like...Raigh won't end well. But I mean if they had a gauntlet of busty girls, things might be different. 

It's not a big deal because we get rewards, and it's just a game at the end of the day, but that doesn't mean they can't work with things because at this rate, they'll get really repetitive... And we'll have a Fates or Awakening character winning every time. 

35 minutes ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

I don't hate the system, but I don't like it either. Honestly, I think the Voting Gauntlet would be just as exciting if they used characters who were more equal in terms of popularity. It doesn't take a genius to see that pitting Tharja against like...Raigh won't end well. But I mean if they had a gauntlet of busty girls, things might be different. 

I've never liked the idea of just putting equal popularity characters against each other. We'd have far fewer options for matchups in this case. This is a reason I like the multiplier, I just think the system needs tweaked a bit more.

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

I've never liked the idea of just putting equal popularity characters against each other. We'd have far fewer options for matchups in this case. This is a reason I like the multiplier, I just think the system needs tweaked a bit more.

I don't see how it'd limit us. If anything, it'd force the developers to rely on other characters instead of the usual suspects. I mean in a red and green cavalier gauntlet, I don't think any of those characters are overwhelmingly popular or unpopular (thinking like Cain, Abel, Sain, Kent, Oscar, Kieran, Sully, and Stahl). Stahl and Sully have more exposure, but I'm not sure they'd completely stomp the competition. They could even do game gauntlets (Elibe, Tellius, Magvel, etc) excluding the lords.  That levels the playing field.Then again, I could be wrong. 

I thought the multiplier was fine at first, but after having it around for a few months, it doesn't really add anything to the event. Just the illusion of competition. 

Just now, Rafiel's Aria said:

I don't see how it'd limit us. If anything, it'd force the developers to rely on other characters instead of the usual suspects. I mean in a red and green cavalier gauntlet, I don't think any of those characters are overwhelmingly popular or unpopular (thinking like Cain, Abel, Sain, Kent, Oscar, Kieran, Sully, and Stahl). Stahl and Sully have more exposure, but I'm not sure they'd completely stomp the competition. They could even do game gauntlets (Elibe, Tellius, Magvel, etc) excluding the lords.  That levels the playing field.Then again, I could be wrong. 

I thought the multiplier was fine at first, but after having it around for a few months, it doesn't really add anything to the event. Just the illusion of competition. 

It would limit us because while less popular characters have a good number of options, we'd never see the real popular characters against anyone but each other. We'd basically have repeats of the current gauntlet here and that's boring.

I'll be sad if Lyn loses, but that's really the essence of the multiplier. No winner is set in stone

Ultimately, I think we need to do away with team sizes. Either you do a straight popularity contest and one character steamrolls the other, or you do multipliers and an underdog wins when they really shouldn't. VG should be decided my the performance of its members, rather than "votes" cast.

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

It would limit us because while less popular characters have a good number of options, we'd never see the real popular characters against anyone but each other. We'd basically have repeats of the current gauntlet here and that's boring.

lol But we've already had repeat characters in gauntlets though? They're not the same match-ups, but we've still seen Elise two/three times, Chrom twice, Leo two/three times, Tharja, Lucina, and Camilla twice... And basically in those gauntlets regardless of multipliers, the winners were predicted. There's no real challenge in a gauntlet with a single overwhelmingly popular character in it. We know they'll win. People bring up Chrom versus Ephraim all the time because they were so equally matched. An entire gauntlet like that would be nice, especially if IS didn't have to rely on Ike, Tharja, Camilla, etc to get people hyped.

This gauntlet is only interesting because of the possibility of a Lyn versus Ike match-up which could end up swinging either way. 

Like I said, it's just a game. We get rewards, so at the end of the day, it's fine, but yeah...we don't need the multiplier. 

10 hours ago, SoulWeaver said:

If you're still serious about that I'm taking you up on it, but you'll have to add me because I don't have internet access on my iPod until tomorrow. 4512744310, name is Arilon with Roy as lead, but I can change it for the Gauntlet if you want, let me know if there's someone you're trying to have access to and I'll see if I have them.

Added! And anybody should be okay, though a blue unit might be the most useful currently. (seeing a lot of Ryomas and other strong reds coming out of team Lyn)

9 minutes ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

lol But we've already had repeat characters in gauntlets though? They're not the same match-ups, but we've still seen Elise two/three times, Chrom twice, Leo two/three times, Tharja, Lucina, and Camilla twice... And basically in those gauntlets regardless of multipliers, the winners were predicted. There's no real challenge in a gauntlet with a single overwhelmingly popular character in it. We know they'll win. People bring up Chrom versus Ephraim all the time because they were so equally matched. An entire gauntlet like that would be nice, especially if IS didn't have to rely on Ike, Tharja, Camilla, etc to get people hyped.

This gauntlet is only interesting because of the possibility of a Lyn versus Ike match-up which could end up swinging either way. 

Like I said, it's just a game. We get rewards, so at the end of the day, it's fine, but yeah...we don't need the multiplier. 

Yeah, and those repeats were boring. That's my point. We'd just get more repeats if we only put characters against characters with more or less equal popularity.

Well, if Ike beats Hector, we need as many people as we can to join up with the former for the finals! Let's make Ike win it all, at least for the sake of a male gauntlet champ!

This is a message from an Ike supporter: I await Team Lyn in the finals.

Spoiler

DON'T YOU DARE LOSE TEAM LYN! PRE-3DS FE SHALL TRIUMPH!

1 minute ago, Rezzy said:

What are the projections looking like now?  I'm on mobile, and the doc on my phone won't update.

Hector is predicted to get the multiplier 3 hours from now, which will still give Ike plenty time to catch up.

For Lyn... it looks really bad. Camilla is predicted to get her multiplier in six hours, at which point Lyn won't have time to catch up. Camilla is predicted to still have a 400 million lead when it ends.

15 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

What are the projections looking like now?  I'm on mobile, and the doc on my phone won't update.

11 minutes ago, Eleanore said:

Hector is predicted to get the multiplier 3 hours from now, which will still give Ike plenty time to catch up.

For Lyn... it looks really bad. Camilla is predicted to get her multiplier in six hours, at which point Lyn won't have time to catch up. Camilla is predicted to still have a 400 million lead when it ends.

Team Lyn probably has a bajillion flags, though, so she can actually recover from a deficit at that point.

The real problem is if Team Camilla actually manages to give Team Lyn a multiplier, which isn't out of the realm of possibility. Team Lyn would probably give Team Camilla at least two hours of straight multipliers after that, and where the score lands after that is anyone's guess.

Edited by Ice Dragon

14 minutes ago, Eleanore said:

This is why I hate the multiplier. If a character is gonna curb stomp another character because there more popular than the other character, then so be it.

15 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Team Lyn probably has a bajillion flags, though, so she can actually recover from a deficit at that point.

I'm not so sure about that... Team Lyn was smaller than Team Ike in round 1, so most of Team Lyn is likely made up of round 1's losers, who used all their flags in round 1 for a good rank.

Lyn needs a miracle at this point (maybe even the double multiplier you mentioned?) and I really hope she can pull it off.

Team Ike has your back, as we want a worthy opponent in the finals! Lyn to win, Lyn to win~

15 minutes ago, Poimagic said:

This is why I hate the multiplier. If a character is gonna curb stomp another character because there more popular than the other character, then so be it.

I hate it bcuz it means we won't ever get a match like Chrom vs Emphraim again. This gauntlet was supposed to be that but instead it's been predictable

11 minutes ago, The_antithesis said:

I'm not so sure about that... Team Lyn was smaller than Team Ike in round 1, so most of Team Lyn is likely made up of round 1's losers, who used all their flags in round 1 for a good rank.

Lyn needs a miracle at this point (maybe even the double multiplier you mentioned?) and I really hope she can pull it off.

Team Ike has your back, as we want a worthy opponent in the finals! Lyn to win, Lyn to win~

Ahem. There are 1,510 flags that Team Lyn should have that couldn't possibly have been used in round 1.

Even if players have been spending throughout the round, there should still be plenty left over from hoarders to make up the 300-million-point deficit considering that (1) Team Lyn averages 200 million points per hour without the multiplier and (2) Team Lyn averaged nearly 600 million points per hour after dividing out the multiplier during her two multiplier hours (and both of her multiplier hours were in the middle of the night for North America). Team Lyn can easily pull 400 million points from out their asses.

Edited by Ice Dragon