How would you feel about a "Create-a-Hero" Contest?

Topaz Light

So, I was thinking about how Final Fantasy: Brave Exvius currently (as of this writing) has an ongoing contest for fan-made characters, with the winner being able to potentially make it into the game as a special, limited-edition character, and I was thinking it would be neat if Fire Emblem Heroes did something similar, where players could make their own Heroes, with the winners getting their Heroes into the game as summonable characters and getting some kind of special bonus, like maybe one free five-star instance of their winning Hero, and/or a bunch of Orbs and/or Hero Feathers or something.

I think either "one winner per region" or "one winner per weapon color" would be good parameters for how many winners there could be, or something like that. Heroes entered would, of course, be limited to only have the usual of "weapon plus skills in three other slots" for their innate skills, and there should be some notice that the unit's provided stats may be adjusted by the Fire Emblem Heroes development team for balance purposes to prevent completely broken Heroes from being put into the game.
Additionally, of course, units wouldn't be able to innately learn any skills that their weapon or movement type would bar them from learning, or be able to have any other characters' personal weapons, barring maybe weapons like Gradivus, Parthia, or the Regal Blade, that aren't actually personal weapons at all in their home games.

Anyone have any thoughts on this? I think it'd be really cool, personally!

Edited by Topaz Light

It'd be cool, yes, but I have one worry about such...

Isn't most of the cast, at least as far as we know up until Christmas, already decided on?

It'd certainly be very cool, but it feels like it'd be a good while before such a contest bears fruit, and who knows what will change by then. But I am all for it... at least so long as this game has my attention, which of all the games I've played on my phone so far, it has kept for 6+ months.

I don't think I would like this the way you put it. The only way I would like it is if the character was part of the Fire Emblem series already. It would be really, really weird to have all Fire Emblem characters and then a couple of OCs hanging around.

I think this concept has some merit. Of course, some ground rules will have to be established and contest submissions will likely follow a theme (such as being from Askr, Emblia, or a pre-existing FE world). I found the Cipher OCs to be fun and interesting in Shadows of Valentia, so I do not see the harm for fan OCs being in Heroes as long as they fit within the universe. Besides, we already have candidates for two new characters in the world of Zenith, being the Cipher OCs Alice and Valjean. (Note: It do not know if they actually come from Zenith, but that is what the news article speculated.)

As for the contest itself, I can see it being the next "big event" for Heroes after the "Choose Your Legends" event, but I do not foresee this happening for at least another 6 months. Maybe the "fan contest" can be done on the one year anniversary of FE:Heroes and then be released about 6 months after that time. I think the "one fan character per color" will be the main approach.
An alternative would be a "character alt contest" for Fire Emblem characters. If such a thing would come to pass, I would love to submit Renee (My Cherche!Morgan) to the theoretical competition. She would require some revisions, of course, but I really would love to see my "personal Morgan" in the game with the "Legendbreaker" skill (which will probably be locked to her for balance reasons).

I don't like the idea of fanmade OCs getting in. I would much prefer a contest where fans can submit art of established FE characters and maybe also a build for them. It just fits the theme of the game better. 

I am fine with any idea as long as Anna and Intelligent System gets richer. I like the idea since it increases fan engagement, but I am not sure if Nintendo and Intelligent System are the type of companies that likes to have outsiders involved in their game development process since I have not heard of them doing that before.