Metaknight

Knife

Who is the best in the USA? Who has consistently out placed Mew2King at large tournaments? Marth is one of the better matchups against MK. And no, MK doesn't combo Marth because of air dodging, but a lot of MK players put tons of pressue to try to trick people into air dodging. Since MK has such a powerful pressure game, some people consider them combos even though you can get out of most of it. Brawl is like a game of tag >_<

The game just came out, there isn't the "best player yet"

With mind games, air dodging is a thing of the past, when your MK, pressure games don't work in brawl

EDIT: Sorry Rei, I was out all day, having a kick ass day

Edited by Doom_Dragon_103

Snake puts explosives everywhere and tries to make it difficult for the other guy to get to him with great melee range and power at the same time. That sounds like pressure to me. MK has great ground speed and overall range, punishes everything and makes it the most humongous pain in the world for most anybody who can outrange him to do it consistently (unless they are snake in which case he just makes it a notable challenge). Sounds like pressure to me.

At the moment m2k has outplaced everybody, and has nobody (ninjalink maybe? I thought he beat him in friendlies pretty bad) who he doesn't have a very favorable win/loss record to, and the people he plays are the best people to play the game. That's enough to make him the best.

Air dodging a thing of the past?

Snake puts explosives everywhere and tries to make it difficult for the other guy to get to him with great melee range and power at the same time. That sounds like pressure to me. MK has great ground speed and overall range, punishes everything and makes it the most humongous pain in the world for most anybody who can outrange him to do it consistently (unless they are snake in which case he just makes it a notable challenge). Sounds like pressure to me.

At the moment m2k has outplaced everybody, and has nobody (ninjalink maybe? I thought he beat him in friendlies pretty bad) who he doesn't have a very favorable win/loss record to, and the people he plays are the best people to play the game. That's enough to make him the best.

Air dodging a thing of the past?

Snake > MK in the matchup

The game hasn't been out for a year, there is no out placing, half of the time it's been out was experimenting and the other half which isn't even finished yet is still experimenting, but with competition, there hasn't been many big tourneys yet so you can't say who is the best, and Ken was out for a while due to being on survivor so yea

The air dodging thing only applies to MK

Snake > MK in the matchup

The game hasn't been out for a year, there is no out placing, half of the time it's been out was experimenting and the other half which isn't even finished yet is still experimenting, but with competition, there hasn't been many big tourneys yet so you can't say who is the best, and Ken was out for a while due to being on survivor so yea

The air dodging thing only applies to MK

Wow no johns? Ken still doesn't even play nearly as well as M2K nor has made as much of an outstanding tournament record in brawl as M2K. Also, there HAVE been huge tournaments. The ECRC tourneys are big, there have already been some tourneys in Texas with like 200 people in them. As well M2K frequenting tourneys that have around 50+ entrants and winning most of them. I myself have been to several 100 man tourneys. And even when one of West Coast's best players, DieSuperFly came to east coast, he got rocked and didn't even make top 10 at one of the larger tourneys.

Ninjalink doesn't really beat M2K all that much... Azen agrees that M2K is the best brawler if he's using Metaknight. M2K has definitely established that he is the best brawler right now.

Ken + EVO = amazing

... lol @ EVO's ruleset. The game is random enough with tripping... Now they add items lulz.

Pretty sure this about sums up Brawl right now.

lol yeah, it does.

Edited by Rei

The game hasn't been out for a year, there is no best player yet

That really makes no sense... Of course there's going to be a best player. And wow really, it's been out since March 10th. (it's almost been 8 months since it came out in the US, It's been out for a little over 9 months if you include the Japanese version which a lot of people imported to begin looking for ATs and the such.)

And really, M2K is currently the best brawl player... He has proved hit mettle against a ton of the top players who travel and play the game. It's not so hard to get...