Metaknight

Knife

Mk way broken

they have a hack now that gives brawl the meele techs like wavedashing and stuff

Mk isnt that broken that way, tier gaps close completely

... I understood nothing of that last line...

Other (proper :P) fighting games have one or two broken characters banned, so I don't see why Metaknight shouldn't be banned too.

they have a hack now that gives brawl the meele techs like wavedashing and stuff
Oh sweet mother of god, no! Edited by Ike-Mike

Metaknight is currently better than Melee Fox and Melee Marth and Melee Sheik, though not all those guys combined. Putting Melee airdodge mechanics into Brawl, which is necessary for putting wavedash into brawl, multiplies Metaknight gimp power by itself into infinity.

I can't think of anybody that has a significant enough disadvantage to Mk to become auto-unviable that doesn't already get curb-stomped by anybody else. Anybody aside from kinda sorta Marth. ROB gets stomped by gw so shut up.

Objectively speaking (only competitive onry need subscribe to this idea) there is currently not a reason to get better with a character that is not metaknight. Aside from taking down metaknight.

Doesn't mean that Metaknight has a completely unsurmountable advantage over everybody else ever.

All that said I suck with Metaknight. Snake for my top-tier-win.

Edited by Mac

Never gave him a real chance, to be honest... I dislike trying something new.

You should try and change that mindset. Characters who are new to Brawl/Got an overhaul in Brawl (Falco, G&W) > Melee characters. Look how terrible Peach is now.

You should try and change that mindset. Characters who are new to Brawl/Got an overhaul in Brawl (Falco, G&W) > Melee characters. Look how terrible Peach is now.

Technically, Falco got worse, though he's the best of the space animals.

I'm not Doom, I'm his girl friend and I play Smash well so here is what I think

Meta is the best no doubt but he isn't invincible, he has weaknesses his range, if you out range him you have one thing over him, next is speed, you wont be faster so don't try, next and most important is to break his flow, interrupt with jabs and other attacks and you should break his flow and pattern, grabs work well here, also I am a Snake user so projectiles help a lot in keeping him on the defense so if you have them, use them well

EDIT: XD fixing a typo

Edited by Doom_Dragon_103

Technically, Falco got worse, though he's the best of the space animals.

Not really, it's just that he got beat out by some new Brawl characters, such as Snake, Dedede, and Metaknight. Falco is great, just not in the cheap little nuisance catagory. Metaknight, however, sends a whole lot of his opponents to Kansas. (the tornado attack)

Meta is the best no doubt but he isn't invisible

If he isn't invisible, how come I can't see him? :o

MK is the best character in the game, but his hardest matchups in my opinion are Marth and Snake. MK's problem is that he is light. Snake's up-tilt will kill him at around 100% (give or take 10%) with good DI on smashville. Not just that, but nades have priority over every one of MK's attacks. so if you see him starting a tornado at you, pull out a nade and hold shield and watch him blow up. Snake can play pretty gay against MK really. Marth has release grab and other shenanigans, but MK's main worst matchup is Snake. Even Mew2King (best player in the USA) says that Snake beats Metaknight in the matchup, as does Azen who is pretty much the 2nd best.

as for the OP, yeah, he's more broken in Brawl than Fox was in melee. Fox had several bad matchups unlike MK.

Edited by Rei

MK is the best character in the game, but his hardest matchups in my opinion are Marth and Snake. MK's problem is that he is light. Snake's up-tilt will kill him at around 100% (give or take 10%) with good DI on smashville. Not just that, but nades have priority over every one of MK's attacks. so if you see him starting a tornado at you, pull out a nade and hold shield and watch him blow up. Snake can play pretty gay against MK really. Marth has release grab and other shenanigans, but MK's main worst matchup is Snake. Even Mew2King (best player in the USA) says that Snake beats Metaknight in the matchup, as does Azen who is pretty much the 2nd best.

as for the OP, yeah, he's more broken in Brawl than Fox was in melee. Fox had several bad matchups unlike MK.

Mew2King isnt the best in the US -_-, and Azen hmmm it's debatable

And marth doesnt have a good matchup against Mk, Mk doesnt out range him but he is faster and can combo marth like hell, snake doesnt out prioritize a disjointed hit box

Mew2King isnt the best in the US -_-, and Azen hmmm it's debatable

And marth doesnt have a good matchup against Mk, Mk doesnt out range him but he is faster and can combo marth like hell, snake doesnt out prioritize a disjointed hit box

Who is the best in the USA? Who has consistently out placed Mew2King at large tournaments? Marth is one of the better matchups against MK. And no, MK doesn't combo Marth because of air dodging, but a lot of MK players put tons of pressue to try to trick people into air dodging. Since MK has such a powerful pressure game, some people consider them combos even though you can get out of most of it. Brawl is like a game of tag >_<

Yea, MK has super pressure. I'd be completely fine with MK if almost ALL of his attacks weren't lagless. Only attacks he has with lag are Fsmash and DownB. The rest are easily are lagless/have such little lag that it cannot be exploited. The speed of his attacks is so great that most all the moves you miss are perfect openings to strike, where as he has very few. Also, he has edge shenanigans, chasing you off the screen, and that insanely overpowered UpB that outprioritizes most of anybody's attacks.

My consensus is that Metaknight is gay, but I still won't mind if anyone plays as him. I just won't acknowledge someone's better than me if he defeats me with Metaknight.

It's sad when someone can only win with metaknight

Yea, MK has super pressure. I'd be completely fine with MK if almost ALL of his attacks weren't lagless. Only attacks he has with lag are Fsmash and DownB. The rest are easily are lagless/have such little lag that it cannot be exploited. The speed of his attacks is so great that most all the moves you miss are perfect openings to strike, where as he has very few. Also, he has edge shenanigans, chasing you off the screen, and that insanely overpowered UpB that outprioritizes most of anybody's attacks.

Up-Smash, Up-tilt can be punished as well as D-Smash only if you shield the first hit.